• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Clear Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a "clear out" thread, yet when you mention the names most fans would be glad to see the back of suddenly it's like "absolutely no chance he goes"

If the people at the club responsible for this shit actually bothered to put some work in and told these players to find new clubs, we'd be in a better position to sell....maybe clubs like West Ham Palace Fulham stay away is because they think these players are the core to what we're trying to do. "Fab and Hendo played both played 35+ games for Liverpool, no way they'd sell to us....let's instead look to Loftus Cheek or Mctomminay whose clubs are looking to sell"

So give me 1 benefit keeping these old hags around for another year or 2 before they leave on a free?

Better yet let's fast forward to the summer of 2026......Klopp has left his post, Fab Hendo Thiago Matip all gone for nothing.

I also doubt Salah/VVD will be here....say they both leave for nothing as well then at the end of their contracts.

What are we left with?

How much did we make from selling Dalglish, Barnes, Rush, Hansen, Gerrard, Hypia, Carragher, Redknapp, Hamman, Milner… should we have sold them all a few years earlier to anyone that would have paid money or just fucked then out the door?

Letting older players leave on frees or move into a coaching role or just play until they hang up their boots isn’t a new concept.

Experience, Familiarity, understanding, leadership, cover, depth - take your pick.

How much did we make from selling Dalglish, Barnes, Rush, Hansen, Gerrard, Hypia, Carragher, Redknapp, Hamman, Milner… should we have sold them all a few years earlier to anyone that would have paid money or just fucked then out the door?

Letting older players leave on frees or move into a coaching role or just play until they hang up their boots isn’t a new concept.

Experience, Familiarity, understanding, leadership, cover, depth - take your pick.
That's a completely different era where players were sold/bought for £1m, not even.

& Ideally yes, with the exception of Stevie (who btw never really show signs of regressing) I'd have been happy to see the rest sold at some point.....their legacy with us was already created, they'd already won everything there was to win.....twice/three times over for some. Like, what more do you want/need from them? There surely comes a convenient time for both parties to part ways and everyone benefits.

Like time, LFC doesn't wait for nobody....nor should it stop functioning after these once greats have left.......whether they're sold or their contracts run down is irrelevant so it makes no sense to me why we wouldn't try benefit from it.

Ox scored so many good goals.
I really feel that Roma injury fucked it all up for him ... what could have been.

That's what it was for me. Then every injury after that sapped his explosiveness.

The Athletic always like to throw a curveball don’t they? Make themselves look cleverer than is actually the case.

Errr. That's fundamentally wrong.

Firmino, Keita and the lesser spotted Melo leaving frees up slots.
The title is clickbaity, but the article does mention that.

Basically, the position with the departures of Firmino, Keita and Melo is that we have:

14 non-homegrown players, with room for 3 more

Only 6 senior homegrown players in Gomez, Trent, Henderson, Jones, Kelleher, Phillips.

If Kelleher and Phillips leave, we'd be down to 4. That said, both van den Berg and Rhys Williams can count as senior players from this year, if we choose to keep them.

Can still of course play any of our u-21 players (including Elliott and Bajcetic) without any restriction.

Don't think it's a major concern, but it may make sense to have sign a senior English player at some point for the squad, because we can't continually assume that our academy products will to be good enough for our first team squad on a regular basis.

CJ is 22 and had to be registered.

Konate played only 18 league games last season playing just over 1500mins. I know Klopp's not thinking it, I am.

CJ is 22 and had to be registered.

Konate played only 18 league games last season playing just over 1500mins. I know Klopp's not thinking it, I am.

Injuries are injuries, we have to accept it and move past it.....this is where a manager usually earns his pay check, finding solutions to pretty much problems you're guaranteed to face. 18 league games isn't great but it could be far worst, and we have experienced far worst.

If Klopp thought like you and wanted to get rid of a player any time they missed half the games....we'd have a 6 man squad.

Were you thinking of binning Virgil Matip and Gomez 2 summers ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom