• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ... but what about Fekir in that car and the Fekir that is training...does he have a twin or something ?

Damn clickbait - Express.

However, the Reds have still been linked with several potential signings in the January transfer window including Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot. According to L’Equipe, Liverpool have held a series of meetings about the Frenchman joining the club this month to provide even more competition in midfield.

Rabiot has just six months left on his contract and PSG are thought to want to cash in for a fee before the 23-year-old leaves on a free transfer.
Barcelona and Tottenham are also keen on the PSG ace although it appears Liverpool are in prime position to seal a deal.

If - and that's a fucking big if - we should sign someone I think we should go for a centre forward.

I think this is the first transfer window during all my years of supporting Liverpool, that I actually wish we do not sign anyone.

I'd like another striker.

Werner ideally. I don't think he'll ever explode like Salah, Torres and Suarez, but I think he'd outscore Firimino as well as give him a rest, and it would allow us to play 4-2-3-1 with Firmino at 10, which could be very exciting.

How about that lad @Kay Age El loves, playing in Holland as backup to Firmino? Obviously knows where the back of the net is, can play some intricate stuff and is pretty quick I think?

I think this is the first transfer window during all my years of supporting Liverpool, that I actually wish we do not sign anyone.
I've slated Arsenal (Wenger) in the past for leading the league with a thinnish squad, due to injuries, and not buying in January to ensure they have backups ... of course they went on to have even more injuries to key players and handed two titles to United (it could be still 18-18 but for Wenger's parsimony, the cunt).

I'd be looking at a backup CB and CF even if only on loan (if poss) and I'd bring Wilson back. We should be taking no chances with protecting whatever lead we have by the weekend.

How about that lad @Kay Age El loves, playing in Holland as backup to Firmino? Obviously knows where the back of the net is, can play some intricate stuff and is pretty quick I think?
Dolberg.

I don't know where to begin so I'll just say, he's going to absolutely immense.. :D

My fear is that if we bought him right now he'd have to play second fiddle for too many games but on the other hand part of me thinks that he's ready to become a regular starter even at a top club like ours within a short period of time. Ajax won't sell him without a loan-back option at this stage because of their upcoming ChL games, but maybe that would benefit us as well. After his lenghty injury he has had some weaker games, but he's getting back to his best again.

This lad will score all kind of goals really and he does remind of a young Torres/Lewandowski. He's almost 1.90, he's very strong build, deceptively fast and very intelligent on the ball. In comparision with Suarez when he was with Ajax Dolberg doesn't squander even half as many chances as he did and he's much more aware of his team mates than you'd normally see in a striker.

So yeah, don't know where to begin really, but he's got the potential to become one of the best in the world in his position.

Last edited:
Dolberg.

I don't know where to begin so I'll just say, he's going to absolutely immense.. :D

My fear is that if we bought him he'd have to play second fiddle for too many games but on the other hand part of me thinks that he's ready to become a regular starter even at a top club like ours within a short period of time. Ajax won't sell him without a loan-back option at this stage because of their upcoming ChL games, but maybe that would benefit us as well. After his lenghty injury he has had some weaker games, but he's getting back to his best again.

This lad will score all kind of goals really and he does remind of a young Torres/Lewandowksi. He's almost 1.90, he's very strong build, deceptively fast and very intelligent on the ball. In comparision with Suarez when he was with Ajax Dolberg doesn't squander even half as many chances as he did and he's much more aware of his team mates as you normally see in a striker.

So yeah, don't know where to begin really, but he's got the potential to become one of the best in the world in his position.

I got Wycombe promoted to the Championship on Fifa and managed to sign him. He scored 14 goals in his first 5 starts.
Im bought in.

I got Wycombe promoted to the Championship on Fifa and managed to sign him. He scored 14 goals in his first 5 starts.
Im bought in.
Ha ha.. I've played with Wycombe quite a few times myself back in the day on Football Manager. That's odd. Does FM still rock btw (not that I have the time but still, one can dream)?

Last edited:
Ha ha.. I've played with Wycombe quite a few times myself back in the day on Football Maanger. That's odd. Does FM still rock btw (not that I have the time but still, one can dream)?
Fifa not FM. FM is a timehole you can never escape from. Fifa you can play for half an hour.

I live near Wycombe so I usually pick them or Oldham when I want a challenge

“In Liverpool it’s also their stadium and the atmosphere,” he says. “But when I have to decide, I’m more Manchester United than Liverpool.
- Timo Werner

How about you go fuck yourself, Timo?
I'm jumping on the Dolberg bandwagon.
- Modo

“In Liverpool it’s also their stadium and the atmosphere,” he says. “But when I have to decide, I’m more Manchester United than Liverpool.
- Timo Werner

- Modo
Timo is a different type of player certainly but with quotes like that he can pretty much go do one. One area where I think Dolberg would surprise a lot is how he connects with teammates and his eye for the pass.

With Salah, Mane etc running around him, he'd be setting up goals left, right and center too.

Timo is a different type of player certainly but with quotes like that he can pretty much go do one. One area where I think Dolberg would surprise a lot is how he connects with teammates and his eye for the pass.

With Salah, Mane etc running around him, he'd be setting up goals left, right and center too.
He reminds me of Torres

Is a Torres type the best fit for our team or is the comparison being thrown around a little too loosely?

Torres was at his devastating best running in behind defences or in one on one situations... he never looked quite as comfortable having to do the tippy tappy stuff around the box.

Someone like David Villa on the other hand...

Last edited:
- Timo Werner

- Modo

I hope his fucking plane crashes

He's nowhere near as skillful or as strong or as good in the air as Torres.

If I had to compare him to someone, it'd be a less technical Michael Owen.

Dolberg.

My fear is that if we bought him right now he'd have to play second fiddle for too many games but on the other hand part of me thinks that he's ready to become a regular starter even at a top club like ours within a short period of time. Ajax won't sell him without a loan-back option at this stage because of their upcoming ChL games, but maybe that would benefit us as well. After his lenghty injury he has had some weaker games, but he's getting back to his best again.

This lad will score all kind of goals really and he does remind of a young Torres/Lewandowksi. He's almost 1.90, he's very strong build, deceptively fast and very intelligent on the ball. In comparision with Suarez when he was with Ajax Dolberg doesn't squander even half as many chances as he did and he's much more aware of his team mates as you normally see in a striker.

Why has he played so few minutes?
STATS 18/19

[xtable=skin1|418x152]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2|245x@}Competition{/th}
{th=23x@}P {/th}
{th=12x@}G {/th}
{th=12x@} A{/th}
{th=34x@} M/G{/th}
{th=52x@}MP {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2|245x@}Total :{/td}
{td=23x@}21{/td}
{td=12x@}8{/td}
{td=12x@}4{/td}
{td=34x@}135{/td}
{td=52x@}1.078{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=27x@}
nl1.png
{/td}
{td=212x@}Eredivisie{/td}
{td=23x@}11{/td}
{td=12x@}7{/td}
{td=12x@}3{/td}
{td=34x@}99{/td}
{td=52x@}695{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=27x@}
cl.png
{/td}
{td=212x@}Champions League{/td}
{td=23x@}6{/td}
{td=12x@}-{/td}
{td=12x@}1{/td}
{td=34x@}-{/td}
{td=52x@}197{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=27x@}
nlp.png
{/td}
{td=212x@}TOTO KNVB beker{/td}
{td=23x@}3{/td}
{td=12x@}1{/td}
{td=12x@}-{/td}
{td=34x@}141{/td}
{td=52x@}141{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=27x@}
nl2.png
{/td}
{td=212x@}Keuken Kampioen Divisie{/td}
{td=23x@}1{/td}
{td=12x@}-{/td}
{td=12x@}-{/td}
{td=34x@}-{/td}
{td=52x@}45{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Seeing what clubs in the Dutch league are asking for players I just see Klopp shelling out that much for player that at best will be a bench warmer.

Nicolas Pepe would take Liverpool to another level, Jürgen Klopp must act now

Liverpool

Antony Martin

@antonymmartin84
1 day ago

The Lille forward would be an excellent signing for Liverpool, and they must try and beat Arsenal to his signature.
jurgen_klopp_manager_858093.jpg

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp will surely be keen to bolster his ranks at Anfield this month, in an effort to inject some freshness and energy into his side's challenge for the Premier League title.
One particular area where the German might be looking to strengthen is his attacking department, with more competition required for the Reds' current front three.
With this in mind, Liverpool should consider challenging Arsenal for Lille winger Nicolas Pepe.

The French club's sporting director Luis Campos spoke exclusively to French publication Telefoot, and admitted that they will be willing to sell the 23-year-old this month, but for nothing less than €80 million (£72 million).
Pepe possesses blistering pace, and he can play anywhere along the front-line - something that makes him ideally suited to the manner in which Klopp likes his forward players to interchange positions.
The Ivory Coast international has been in scintillating form this season, racking up 12 goals and seven assists in 19 Ligue 1 appearances for Lille, and that kind of attacking output really could help take Liverpool to another level entirely.
nicolas_pepe_of_lille_during_the_ligue_1_match_between_lille_and_1038325.jpg

Pepe would be far from a guaranteed starter at Anfield, and that might prove to be problematic in tempting him into moving to Merseyside.
Klopp should at least try to bring the Lille ace to Liverpool, however, and although £72 million seems like a lot of money on the face of it, in today's market, it would actually represent decent value for a player of Pepe's ilk.
reims_jacquesalaixys_romao_l_fights_for_the_ball_with_lilles_nic_1038343.jpg

STATS 18/19

[xtable=332x@]
{thead}
{tr=@x15}
{th=colspan:2|116x15}Competition{/th}
{th=25x15}P {/th}
{th=15x15}G {/th}
{th=28x15} A{/th}
{th=35x15}M/G {/th}
{th=81x15}MP {/th}
{/tr}