• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Joey Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically Barkley is having a splendid season so far.
Yeah, I don't know why Barkley needs to be brought into a discussion of Joey Barton. Barkley has been pissing away his talent for years, but seems to be having a great season.

I mean what? Man City to France back to relegation fodder.

Thats about it. They are different types of Player.
And Ross's career has been what? Luton are one of those clubs Christmas Movies are made about, but they'll go straight down along with Ross Barkley

I wonder if Barkley and Rodwell would have taken the same path had they been in the LFC academy.

I wonder if Barkley and Rodwell would have taken the same path had they been in the LFC academy.
Rodwell was injury prone... I doubt we could have fixed that.

Judging by the players in the academy back then (Rodwell made his debut in 2007, Barkley 2010), they would have been coming though with Ince, Flanagan, Robinson, maybe Kelly (couple of years older), Suso and Sterling (to an extent, but they came from other clubs). They'd have likely made it into the first team, but it would probably be hard to argue they'd have benefited more from going through our youth system.

Rodwell was injury prone... I doubt we could have fixed that.

Judging by the players in the academy back then (Rodwell made his debut in 2007, Barkley 2010), they would have been coming though with Ince, Flanagan, Robinson, maybe Kelly (couple of years older), Suso and Sterling (to an extent, but they came from other clubs). They'd have likely made it into the first team, but it would probably be hard to argue they'd have benefited more from going through our youth system.
Ross at the time did the right thing by moving but sometimes your talent doesn't transfer either.
Chelsea's been a grave yard for certain players

ITV has criticised "vindictive remarks" made by ex-footballer Joey Barton towards Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward.
Aluko was a pundit on ITV's coverage of the FA Cup third-round tie between Crystal Palace and Everton on Thursday, while Ward was the co-commentator.

Barton, 41, compared the pair to serial killers Fred and Rose West on X, formerly known as Twitter.
ITV said the former Manchester City and QPR player's comments were "contemptible and shameful".
In a statement on X, the broadcaster said: "For Joey Barton, an ex-professional player with a significant social media presence, to target two of our pundits, Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward, with such vindictive remarks based on gender and to invoke the names of serial killers in doing so is clearly contemptible and shameful on his part.
"Football is for everyone."
In response to ITV, Barton wrote an expletive-laden post and said he would be "calling them all serial killers from now on", called the broadcaster "woke" and added: "I tried to play nice, you didn't listen."
Former Chelsea and Juventus forward Aluko won more than 100 England caps before retiring in 2020, while Ward played for Leeds United and Doncaster Belles.
In response to a now-deleted video clip of Aluko's pre-match punditry posted by ITV Football on X, Barton made his comments comparing her and Ward to "the Fred and Rose West of football commentary".
Fred West, together with his wife Rose, murdered an unknown number of people at the couple's house in Gloucester over a 20-year period from 1967.
Responding to ITV's statement, former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville, who is now a pundit, wrote on X: "Well done ITV. It's gone too far this and mentioning serial killers is quite simply incredible.
"My daughters have watched Salford City with me for 10 years and like to comment on football, my mum was kicked out of the football team (boys in the 1960's) and stopped playing due to misogyny, my sister struggled for funding for her sport for years and my brother [Phil] was mocked when he took over the England women's team. I come from a family that has fought these issues for years and I've witnessed it first hand.
"All this does is just discourage and it's not the way forward.
"It's bloody hard work for women to succeed in sport and media as it is, without this stuff."
Since last month, Barton, who was sacked as Bristol Rovers manager in October, has been on a tirade on social media criticising women working in men's football and his comments have been widely condemned by the footballing world.

Barton followed it up by saying for Neville to shut up or he would 'empty him'.

So hard is Joey.. so hard.

He seems to like a lot of posts from Le Tiss.
I can see he’s already started on his view of Black on black crime. Something totally sinister About him, maybe it’s his family and the past or maybe it’s those glasses. He’s only going to get louder and louder…

Last edited:
I don't think many people like Joey Barton, do they? Everyone knows he's a fucking gobshite, surely? I don't even get the Fred and Rose West comment...

Can we just delete this thread and pretend the cunt doesn’t exist until such point as someone knocks him out, makes him cry and captures it on video for the world to see what a feeble weak cunt he is.

He’s a big fucking man when he’s picking on women and kids.

You know he is still holding back, he will eventually stop circling and get to the point of what he really wants to say soon.
Saw he started picking on our Melissa Reddy last week, what absolute cunt. I still can't believe people hired him as a coach, imagine having this cunt imposed on your club...

He's fucked in the head. Give it ten years and he'll be showing up at man hunts with a fishing pole and bargain bucket.
He is but then again you're only the product of your parents/ancestry etc, if it's the family then you've got very little chance of being socially accepted in your views.

He is but then again you're only the product of your parents/ancestry etc, if it's the family then you've got very little chance of being socially accepted in your views.

That’s partly bollocks by the way.

Being that much of an ignorant cunt involves making a choice to be like that at some point, or being such a weak cunt that he needs to blame everyone else for whatever slight misfortune he’s experienced.

That’s partly bollocks by the way.

Being that much of an ignorant cunt involves making a choice to be like that at some point, or being such a weak cunt that he needs to blame everyone else for whatever slight misfortune he’s experienced.
It's scientifically proven.

Where do you think children get all their information from for the first 16 years of their lives? Who do children between the ages of 0-16 listen to the most? Who do they try and copy the words and action of the most? Of course by the time adulthood comes around, it's left to you to take responsibility for the choices you make, the words you freely tell the world etc but where do you think this all starts? Before the consciousness even kicks in, the damage is already done.

It's scientifically proven.

Where do you think children get all their information from for the first 16 years of their lives? Who do children between the ages of 0-16 listen to the most? Who do they try and copy the words and action of the most? Of course by the time adulthood comes around, it's left to you to take responsibility for the choices you make, the words you freely tell the world etc but where do you think this all starts? Before the consciousness even kicks in, the damage is already done.

My parents were religious, teetotal and didn’t have any interest in football.

That why I said partly - of course the influence is there, but not every child is a reflection of the home they were brought up in or the parents that brought them up.

On one particularly unmemorable moment I (and I assure you my background gives me all the info I need to not say this)interjected into a discussion about genetics and the ability to sire children with the absolute gem "but my dad was able to conceive so obviously I can..."

There's a lot that doesn't follow from the parents and a lot that does. Ignoring my idiocy for a second, we don't understand all that much

I now feel very uncomfortable having made the comments I did after Barton's first post (that were posted on here). I thought he was genuinely, and fairly, questioning the sudden influx of Women's Premier League pundits to the men's game, even though he's a fucking nut.

This season has seen a surge in women both as presenters and as pundits. I'm very comfortable with the former because they are as likely to be good as the men. Alex Scott seems nailed on to replace Lineker as anchor, no problem with that.

My, minor, beef is around the person paired with the commentator on live games. I don't remember when Sky introduced "Co-Commentators" into the live broadcast but it seems half my life ago! They have, up until a few years ago, been exclusively players that have hit the heights of the EPL, won multiple honours and really know the way the game is played and what can be expected in any segment of play but also in the mind of the manger, the captain etc. So in the last 30 years the co-commentators have come from players who can boast multiple seasons as a SENIOR player in a EPL team. This role and hence job, has only been available to those with a top 'CV' from a big club with multiple years and the ability to talk on tv; Shearer, Keane, Wright, Ferdinand, McMannaman, Murphy, Hansen, Keown, Carra, Ratboy & Crouch and in recent times Richards, "jj" and Hargreaves.

So the inclusion of women pundits (not commentators) seems a jar. The women's PL is progressing rapidly but it's hard to imagine a single person who thinks that there's a women's pro who has experienced the game in the same way as a multi-season male EPL pro. That seemed to be the requirement. We don't have anyone from the EPL Barnsley team co-commentating, nor from the Leicester team that briefly hit the heights even. So either it is possible for any professional footballer to have a valid opinion, male or female or we want pundits (NOT COMMENTATORS :) ) to have the experience of the speed, pressures and challenges of the EPL or not.

I'm too old to be arsed and I hate Joey started his kamikaze media hate spiel in this area. but I do think that if in my profession a whole new cadre of peeps get fast tracked to top jobs without the creds that were previously required I'd be pissed. I lay this open to the suggestion those creds were'nt required but still.

... and I repeat co-commentator not commentator

I made a stew recently and the recipe called for celery. I didn't have any, so I put in courgette instead (just because I had it). I didn't recreate the exact same stew, but I created something slightly different that was just as good.

Jut because co commentators have always been ex PL pros doesn't mean they always have to be. It was a change that introduced co commentators, you are living through another change - embrace & enjoy

we all dream of a team of David ickes, a team of David ickes, a team of David ickes
we all dream of a team of David ickes

Number oooooone is David Icke
Number twooooo is Dejan Lovren
Number threeeee is Joey Barton
Number fooooour is Ricky Lambert
Number fiiiiiive is le tissier "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom