• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Spurs (CL Final 1st June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underdogs against Seville? Nah
You're right. We were 4/6, they were 6/5.

Very little in it though, & they had won it the two previous years.

That's the big advantage we should have this time. This side, these players, have experienced this just a year ago, & know what to expect & how much losing it hurts

You'd hope that would give us the advantage over a spurs side with no experience of their own that comes close.

Fuck that Ajax bottling it end of the game. Instead of being cool heads killing it they made a few very poor attempts at scoring, giving Spurs the opportunity to create something. I really don't feel good about this.

Liverpool given home dressing room for Champions League final against Tottenham for ‘security reasons’

The two sides will meet at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid on June 1

By Josh Fordham
13th May 2019, 7:41 pm

Liverpool have been handed the home dressing room for the Champions League final despite being the designated away team.

The Reds take on Tottenham on June 1 in the clash at Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano.

GETTY
The home dressing room that Liverpool will use for the Champions League final
Spurs had initially been drawn as the home team and Liverpool as the away side for the all English final in the Spanish capital.

Officials have decided to swap the teams around due to ‘security reasons’ with Jurgen Klopp’s side getting the luxurious home facilities.

GETTY
The smaller away facilities Tottenham will use at the Wanda Metropolitano
Mauricio Pochettino’s side will have to make do with the much small dressing room.

Officials said they put a lot of thought into the decision taking into account the fans, Spanish police and the city on the whole.

Wanda Metropolitano stadium manager Fernado Fariza told Sky Sports News: “Before we took our decision, we made an evaluation between the away fans, the Spanish police and the city of Madrid.

GETTY
The match will be played at the Wanda Metropolitano on June 1
“We took into account the number of fans of both of the finalist, the metro lines and the fan meeting points in the city.

“Taking into account all these issues, the final decision was that Liverpool fans should arrive at the south stand and they will have all their tickets in the south stand.

“On the other hand, Tottenham supporters will arrive at the north stand and they will have all their tickets in the north stand.”

Both clubs have been handed just 16,000 tickets for the final in the 67,000-seater stadium while travel and accommodation costs have rocketed since the semi-finals.

I don't get the "security reasons" on this. Do they think Liverpool players are more likely to fight, so need the extra space?

Liverpool FC can confirm that 30,508 qualifying supporters have registered for the Champions League final ticket ballot.

The club’s ticket allocation is set by UEFA and the governing body has confirmed that Liverpool will receive 16,613 tickets for the game, which will be played at Estadio Metropolitano in Madrid on Saturday June 1.

Those supporters who have qualified and registered for the ticket ballot have approximately a one in 4.6 chance of being successful to purchase a ticket on Friday May 17.
Now that the registration period has ended, the Electoral Reform Services will undertake the ballot process and the club will notify supporters of the outcome via email on Thursday May 16.

Liverpool FC can confirm that 30,508 qualifying supporters have registered for the Champions League final ticket ballot.

The club’s ticket allocation is set by UEFA and the governing body has confirmed that Liverpool will receive 16,613 tickets for the game, which will be played at Estadio Metropolitano in Madrid on Saturday June 1.

Those supporters who have qualified and registered for the ticket ballot have approximately a one in 4.6 chance of being successful to purchase a ticket on Friday May 17.
Now that the registration period has ended, the Electoral Reform Services will undertake the ballot process and the club will notify supporters of the outcome via email on Thursday May 16.

Now I'm no mathematician, but 30,508 into 16,613 means our supporters should have a better than 50/50 chance of getting a ticket. This suggests the club is distributing more than half of these tickets to cronies. Which is frankly shit.

Now I'm no mathematician, but 30,508 into 16,613 means our supporters should have a better than 50/50 chance of getting a ticket. This suggests the club is distributing more than half of these tickets to cronies. Which is frankly shit.
I worked it as:

30508÷4.6=6632.17391304

So just over 10,000 tickets to our corporates, ex shareholders, current shareholders, sponsors, staff & players family & friends.

That seems an awfully high number that. Actually, no, it IS an awfully high humber.

Seems suicidally transparent to share the number and the chance of getting a ticket. What I expect would happen is that a lot sponsors would give tickets to those in their buiness who are reds (at least that is what I experience with corporate tickets flying around my company) but it is a crazy amount.

Yeah I presume they've deducted those with 7 credits on their card who automatically receive a ticket. One in 4.6 chance. Best of luck to those in the ballot.

"The breakdown of the club’s ticket allocation is as follows.

General admission supporter allocation – 63 per cent
Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders – 25 per cent
Matchday officials/first-team players/former players/media allocations – 11 per cent
Commercial partners, contractual allocations – 1 per cent

The club will be utilising the higher priced tickets for the contractual allocations, meaning the majority of the lower priced tickets, including all those priced at £60, will be available for the general supporter allocation."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/350411-champions-league-final-ticket-allocation-breakdown

60347659_2574475819251078_360735742005084160_n.png

Yeah I presume they've deducted those with 7 credits on their card who automatically receive a ticket. One in 4.6 chance. Best of luck to those in the ballot.

So they are basically everyone on here has fuck all chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom