• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s fell the Forrest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points and glad for them but, blimey, what were their goals all about? Can’t organise a defence against a throw in?

Last edited:
A thriller apparently? I thought that game was shit.

3 points but still zero evidence we can put any run together on that form.
We didn't get anything going at all despite having loads of possession. All 3 goals came from set pieces.

Their only threat was throwing everyone forward and relying on that throw-in, classic stoke style.

Meh.

Messy game

3 set plays v 2 deflections, panic stations at the back all 2nd half after a passive first half.

At least we got the job done and picked up the 3 points.

I am not sure why people are self-flagellating. We are going to have dire performances. Two weeks ago we would have lost this match or at best drawn, we won today. At one point in the match we had 86% possession which tells you Forest were sitting deep, hitting us on the counter. Had they been stupid like Leeds, they would have had a similar outcome

That’s nice but answer the real questions at hand.

What did your Yoga person say about Jude and Velma Yey or neh?
Yoga Matt just said what we all know. It was on and we were certs to get him. It was LFC that (tentatively) pulled the plug because of the ballooning price. He did say that there is still hope there though. Probably not much hope because City will almost certainly swoop in. - The ball in in his court. Depends if he wants to leave this summer or not. He reckons he will though.

So let me guess, who was our best mid ? gen Curtis ? I bet the answer is yes ? Probably the reason why we had the ball most as well. No other explanation. Good result from what sounds like an ultra low block team.

So let me guess, who was our best mid ? gen Curtis ? I bet the answer is yes ? Probably the reason why we had the ball most as well. No other explanation. Good result from what sounds like an ultra low block team.
Trent! Everyone else was meh

I think we did play well in patches, and we totally controlled large parts of the game. What gave them a look-in was Awoniyi was repeatedly getting change out of Konate in a right old arm wrestle all game. It was through him that they got enough of a presence in our half to cause us trouble, though we really should have done a little better. Anyway, take the win and run.

Our midfield did nothing besides clogging out the spaces. Forest were so far back that the entire game was about Konate to Virg, then Virg to Konate and repeat. We tried our usual left to right, then right to left routine but it didn't work.

Every single one of our more threatening moves were off set pieces. We had our usual charitable moments when we gave the ball away like some sunday league U-11 team. And none of them could defend a throw in.

MOTM given to Jota just for his finishes.

3 points, nearly shat the bed. Let's move on.

Trent was Motm. Curtis was comfortably better than the other three wankers. But that really isn't a high bar, for either scouser today.
So in reality, Curtis was the best midfielder, and Trent the best player in his official capacity as a RB. Ok - I was right he Curtis was the best midfielder yet again. The thing is, we win games with Curtis, and generally dont lose them.

Yoga Matt just said what we all know. It was on and we were certs to get him. It was LFC that (tentatively) pulled the plug because of the ballooning price. He did say that there is still hope there though. Probably not much hope because City will almost certainly swoop in. - The ball in in his court. Depends if he wants to leave this summer or not. He reckons he will though.
Thank you!!

I was surprised people wanted Jota selling a couple of weeks back, him returning from a 6 month injury and all. He's miles more of a goal threat than Nunez and Gakpo.

Yes, but there's a concern the old Diogo is gone. We will see. This was good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom