• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s fell the Forrest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised people wanted Jota selling a couple of weeks back, him returning from a 6 month injury and all. He's miles more of a goal threat than Nunez and Gakpo.

He's not a bigger threat than Nunez. His overall involvement is questionable, took his goals well today but for me still goes through large spells where he's anonymous.

So let me guess, who was our best mid ? gen Curtis ? I bet the answer is yes ? Probably the reason why we had the ball most as well. No other explanation. Good result from what sounds like an ultra low block team.

The game finished 6-7 hours ago? And I genuinely can't recall a single thing of note any of the midfielders did.

It was genuinely all sideways and back....every single 1 of our chances came from set plays.

Actually no I lie, I do recall Fab putting 1 over Annie Rd and him also getting the assist for Jota's first.

The game finished 6-7 hours ago? And I genuinely can't recall a single thing of note any of the midfielders did.

It was genuinely all sideways and back....every single 1 of our chances came from set plays.

Actually no I lie, I do recall Fab putting 1 over Annie Rd and him also getting the assist for Jota's first.
I'm beginning to blame Klopp for that - he even stated in his post-match that we wanted ball retention over some of the passes we played that attempted to break their backline.

He's not a bigger threat than Nunez. His overall involvement is questionable, took his goals well today but for me still goes through large spells where he's anonymous.

Jota has 4 goals in a week, Nunez has 4 since November. He's not clinical and it appears he's fallen out of favour by constantly running offside and wasting good chances.

His assist for Jotas first was surely a missed attempt for himself. Our midfield was poor, felt like the plan was to keep the ball and wait for a poor side to just make enough mistakes to let us in.

At half time I was chatting with the dudes by me and said that while noone was terrible noone was any good and our two chances came from set pieces, and as our midfield is wank and Forest were defending deep, set pieces looked like the only plan we had. And so it turned out. Good job we won the odd ball in their box, cos we didn't win any in ours.

Also, I didn't stand and clap when those superfan wankers got their banner out. They only wanted to get on ladbible with a respect hashtag. I thought about how I hadn't seen their lot at Anfield for ages but they brought the same songs they were singing forty years ago. No wonder so many people from Nottingham support us. They probably still think Black Sabbath are fresh, the backwards inbred weirdos. Relegation is too good for them. Hopefully they'll go bust and fuck off for good this time.

His assist for Jotas first was surely a missed attempt for himself. Our midfield was poor, felt like the plan was to keep the ball and wait for a poor side to just make enough mistakes to let us in.
That’s not match that I watched. Forest had seven men behind the ball with the main outlet being the obligatory foul or clearance by our defence or just a brain fade which worked well the last meeting. They also hustled Konaté into an absolute a mess.

Unlike in previous matches against these types won. That ought to be celebrated.

Konate decided to get into a physical battle all game instead of doing his job. That made us revert back to panicky bell ends at the back. That just gave them confidence when smashing it long.

The forwards did nothing interesting in the first half. Apart from one Gakpoo back heel. Neither did the rest of the team. It was all slow slow slow. That’s a reason why we shouldn’t play unchanged sides. We need to mix it up. Especially with Fabs and Hendo playing 5 days earlier.

Thiago’s no look daisy cutters pissed me off.

I’d would say that was Mo’s best 45 of the season. He was getting involved as a part of the team rather than being team Mo.

Boss goals. Mongy defending. 3 points.

I think we did play well in patches, and we totally controlled large parts of the game. What gave them a look-in was Awoniyi was repeatedly getting change out of Konate in a right old arm wrestle all game. It was through him that they got enough of a presence in our half to cause us trouble, though we really should have done a little better. Anyway, take the win and run.

I think we get in trouble with the long throws/set pieces against sides that are physical like Forest and who have several outlets that can attack the ball.
Bar Konate/Virgil there arent anyone really physical enough in that team. Thankfully there arent many of those in the Premier league anymore but I wouldnt mind a 6'4 Thuram coming into our midfield and being a presence in the box both attacking wise and defending.

We were fine with the first balls; it was the second balls causing all the problems. But as momo said above, we created problems for ourselves by engaging in unnecessary physical battles.

Yup Klopp even said it himself in the post match interview, Konate was too focused on winning his physical battle. Not sure if he was referring to one of the goals or in general though.

If not for the deflections I think Alisson saves both. Quite unlucky actually.
Yeah I think in that regard the scoreline flattered Forest. They also had a couple of other deflections around the box that almost fell in their favour. Of course they still had to be in there (and they were throwing men forward) to take those shots but there was still a strong element of luck to both.

Alisson’s kicking didn’t help our cause either, one of the goals came from his kick out for a throw in.

The Forest lad with the long throwin must have felt he had some super weapon because each time as Konate delt with terribly.
Midfield didn’t help as they didn’t presss at all and complete non entity especially after Thiago came on. Hopefully we can learn from it fir next game especially with the away record being so poor.

Alisson’s kicking didn’t help our cause either, one of the goals came from his kick out for a throw in.

The Forest lad with the long throwin must have felt he had some super weapon because each time as Konate delt with terribly.
Midfield didn’t help as they didn’t presss at all and complete non entity especially after Thiago came on. Hopefully we can learn from it fir next game especially with the away record being so poor.
Where was Hendo for their second? Where he shouldn't have been is the correct answer - he only became aware of that gaping hole around our penalty spot (there has to be a meme there for sure) when it was too late and couldn't get there in time. Then probably blamed everyone else.

Where was Hendo for their second? Where he shouldn't have been is the correct answer - he only became aware of that gaping hole around our penalty spot (there has to be a meme there for sure) when it was too late. Then probably blamed everyone else.
The worst part was 5 seconds earlier he was pointing where someone else should be. Then neglected his own position.

Where was Hendo for their second? Where he shouldn't have been is the correct answer - he only became aware of that gaping hole around our penalty spot (there has to be a meme there for sure) when it was too late and couldn't get there in time. Then probably blamed everyone else.

He just can’t get about anymore, he plays too many games but we know currently unless Trent plays that side, we have no one else because our midfield has no mobility.

He just can’t get about anymore, he plays too many games but we know currently unless Trent plays that side, we have no one else because our midfield has no mobility.
He was 5m out of position - had he been awake & doing his job then there is no excuse!

Good to pick apart players’ performances apart after a victory, eh? Makes for a change from last few weeks.

At SCM, we have a rich history, a sense of duty to provide an unbiased fair critique of player performance - for example, Pellebastard, All he does is pass, The Lucas era, Does the manager look good in a suit on the sidelines, Does the DM have the right body structure? We take our moral obligations seriously.

I'm beginning to blame Klopp for that - he even stated in his post-match that we wanted ball retention over some of the passes we played that attempted to break their backline.

We needed 600 passes to score 3 goals.....Forest needed 75 to score 2.

Jota has 4 goals in a week, Nunez has 4 since November. He's not clinical and it appears he's fallen out of favour by constantly running offside and wasting good chances.
He's got 4 goals against 2 championship clubs with the worst 2 defences in the league.

Jota is being the exact kind of striker I hate but love when it works. Shite for 89 minutes, scores a goal. The braces have been taken well but in no world has he played well in those games

It's quite a shock to see us struggling against a relatively straight forward throw in routine with Virgil playing. That was their entire strategy and it shows how little respect they have for Virgil being a kingpin in dealing with such high balls. I expected this when we have a pairing of Gomez and Lovren, not when we have our best 2 CBs playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom