• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MinamiNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Injured appaz..

Returned to anfield after picking up an injury on international duty without even playing.

Extent of the injury is unknown at this point.. However this makes us even more lightweight up top.. with only Origi as an alternative now available..

Ofcourse Jota, Mane and Salah at the time of writing are fit..

Mane needs dropping.. but with this news he undoubtedly get to remain in the starting line up.

Elliot is another option.. but klopp prefers him in midfield at the moment..

sigh...Ox...

Also, it's not like we're gonna miss a player who barely plays.
Great news for Kaide Gordon, though.

I know he's unfortunately been such a disappointment so far, but am I the only one holding out hope that he could at least turn out to be a decent option off the bench?

I know he's unfortunately been such a disappointment so far, but am I the only one holding out hope that he could at least turn out to be a decent option off the bench?
He was brilliant in pre season tbf.. Klopp is talking about him.. so there's is something there..

Him an the Greek work well on the left together, from what I've seen so far..

Last edited:
I think what's more concerning is this could be start of more injuries pilling up. If that is the case, no reinforcements till Jan, and then it will be at inflated prices

Why would people bother acting like it makes any difference, he's way out of his depth. So much so that an 18 year old with no PL experience jumped his spot in the queue and nobody even blinked.

The thing with Minamino is, even when he's fit he's not very good. I mean he's OK, but never efficient, he looks lost way too often. He's never looked like part of the team. In my opinion he's done, I'm sure we will sell him for £950k more than we paid for him and declare it a success

I am hoping he still has a part to play for us. When he first came I think he had problems settling here, didn’t know the language etc. Must have been a bit tough to be in that situation with all the Covid stuff too.

His problem now I think is that no one seems to know his best position. I think he had that at Southampton too (where, to be fair, he started off pretty well).

I think he has the talent, but needs some work. So it’s whether it is worth the effort or not really.

We could actually drop Mane and play two up, in a sort of 4-2-2-2 system like Southampton play. So you have Keita and Elliot drifting in the half space behind two forwards.

Thiago Fabinho
Elliott Keita
Salah Jota

It is no loss to our depth if Klopp doesn't play him, similar to Origi. This is why we need more options Kloppo actually trusts.

He's got plenty to prove, but he shouldn't be written off just yet. Klopp needs to unlock the level of performance he put against us in the CL.

Love his composure.

mina.jpg

The anti-Gini :p

Love his composure.

View attachment 2012

The anti-Gini :p

I thought Mini had a good game and took his goals remarkably well. However giving away possession 10 times is unacceptable for us (even more so in a match such as this) and I mentioned this after the match I think. His passing needs to improve (allowing for creative passes that obviously have a lower chance to being completed).

It sometimes feels like he might be more of a classic number 9 type player, playing in the wrong position. He clearly has an eye for goal, he finds space in the box. But in midfield and build up play he can be quite erratic.

One of his biggest issues, which he doesn't look any closer to resolving than when he first arrived is that he gets shoved off the ball too easily.

We are playing in a pretty physical league and when he comes under pressure, he finds that he doesn't have the time or ability to give himself time that he needs.

I like him as a player but unless he resolves this as a starting point I just don't think it matters which position he plays in because he'll keep coming up against the same problems.

I didn't watch the game, but I'm still gonna err on the side of "he's shit" before I see any meaningful evidence to start sucking him off.

I didn't watch the game, but I'm still gonna err on the side of "he's shit" before I see any meaningful evidence to start sucking him off.
You could start with watching his goals. However as Keni (lacks strength on the ball), Johnny (erratic) and myself (passing) said, there are weaknesses to be resolved. Maybe they never will be but he's worth persisting with for at least this season (as if we have any option).

You could start with watching his goals. However as Keni (lacks strength on the ball), Johnny (erratic) and myself (passing) said, there are weaknesses to be resolved. Maybe they never will be but he's worth persisting with for at least this season (as if we have any option).

I've seen the goals. Decent enough finishes, but I'm not gonna start proclaiming the worm has turned because he scored 2 against Norwich's B team

He's just not going to be given a chance by Klopp.

Rightly or wrongly I don't care so long we win the double.

Saying "he might have turned a corner" is not sucking him off. Klopp obviously saw something which IMHO will take time. It's a long season, our squad options are rather thin, so him and Div will get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom