• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-match thread Wolves (H) 1 March — 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its Trent.

uuuum and ?
people judge him - rightly or wrongly - on how he defends and the team defends as a unit.
A weakened midfield has really hurt him overall as he's not a great defender, but his performance today was very good
thankfully, his attacking play is 'back'.

This is the first game I can remember in a while where our back line didn't do anything suicidal.

Closest we came was Allison's stupid clearance that bajcetic dealt with perfectly.

uuuum and ?
people judge him - rightly or wrongly - on how he defends and the team defends as a unit.
A weakened midfield has really hurt him overall as he's not a great defender, but his performance today was very good
thankfully, his attacking play is 'back'.

There's more to that Salah Trent and Elliot triangle than other options. Even though Elliot and Salah didn't play that well I did think there's something to build on there and it made some sense.

Ronaldo did it loads last season. They couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

His job isn’t goals. It’s helping Liverpool FC win trophies. His overall game is shocking.

Which he does through goals. He’s the outlet half the games we play and ends up chasing nothing balls to nowhere.
Does he track and fight like Nunez? No. But apparently he’s shit too.
We could have Bellingham in this squad and we’d find a way to moan about him.

Lets turn this thread into another Salah debate. Lovely. ZzzzZZzZzzz
Mate there’s no debate. I’ll shut up now as I’m bored if the negativity. Not just with Salah, but across the board. We’ve had a poor season by our standards. It happens. I’m gonna try getting behind the team rather than whining whatever they do. Even when they score they’re crap. Nah.

Which he does through goals. He’s the outlet half the games we play and ends up chasing nothing balls to nowhere.
Does he track and fight like Nunez? No. But apparently he’s shit too.

Nunez is the key to us winning games ...
Despite his volatility, he makes the team better due to what he creates ...
He's our most important attacking player by a country mile.

There's more to that Salah Trent and Elliot triangle than other options. Even though Elliot and Salah didn't play that well I did think there's something to build on there and it made some sense.

Salah and Gakpo work nicely together too. For me, that’s the front three. Those two with Nunez. Who apparently, is a donkey.

Mate there’s no debate. I’ll shut up now as I’m bored if the negativity. Not just with Salah, but across the board. We’ve had a poor season by our standards. It happens. I’m gonna try getting behind the team rather than whining whatever they do. Even when they score they’re crap. Nah.

Timeout - why is it negativity if we don't agree with your position?
The results are shit but with Badger's arrival, I'm starting to enjoy the season and seeing what might be next year ...
The idea that we cannot state a position that goes against what you want - and then it's 'knee jerk' or 'negative' - is just wrong.

I remember when we hammered the Mancs with a Kuyt hattrick. Half the site gave Kuyt the plaudits for 3 tap ins ... Half the site said 3 goals on a plate from Suarez magic. I guess it's ok when we're winning and finishing top 4 easily ... but when we're struggling, it's different.

Nunez is the key to us winning games ...
Despite his volatility, he makes the team better due to what he creates ...
He's our most important attacking player by a country mile.

He’s great. And will only get better, despite being written of after a few games cuz he wasn’t Haaland.
He’s raw and needs to work on his finishing but he shows a ton of fight and passion and has a superb work ethic. Hopefully it’s infectious.

Salah and Gakpo work nicely together too. For me, that’s the front three. Those two with Nunez. Who apparently, is a donkey.

Interesting thread idea - poll about your preferred starting 3 if all healthy from:
Gakpo
Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Jota

Timeout - why is it negativity if we don't agree with your position?
The results are shit but with Badger's arrival, I'm starting to enjoy the season and seeing what might be next year ...
The idea that we cannot state a position that goes against what you want - and then it's 'knee jerk' or 'negative' - is just wrong.

I remember when we hammered the Mancs with a Kuyt hattrick. Half the site gave Kuyt the plaudits for 3 tap ins ... Half the site said 3 goals on a plate from Suarez magic. I guess it's ok when we're winning and finishing top 4 easily ... but when we're struggling, it's different.

brother, my opinion is one of thousands out there and it doesn’t bother me if folk agree or not, I’m just here to add to the debate. But, I just feel it’s getting over the top now. Nunez was doomed within weeks. Gakpo the same. It’s draining.
I get the Salah haters a little as he’s paid a fortune but even then, he’s probably shattered and he’s allowed a poor run. He’s one goal shy of Fowlers record. Not bad.

Interesting thread idea - poll about your preferred starting 3 if all healthy from:
Gakpo
Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Jota

Jota is a superb finisher. And I’m sure he will get sharp and fast within a few games.
But Gakpo is a clever little player and already seems to gel well with Mo. Nunez is undroppable for me.
Those are my vote with Jota stepping in when needed. Shame Diaz can’t give Mo a rest.

brother, my opinion is one of thousands out there and it doesn’t bother me if folk agree or not, I’m just here to add to the debate. But, I just feel it’s getting over the top now. Nunez was doomed within weeks. Gakpo the same. It’s draining.
I get the Salah haters a little as he’s paid a fortune but even then, he’s probably shattered and he’s allowed a poor run. He’s one goal shy of Fowlers record. Not bad.

This seems a bit of an exaggeration ... people were worried about things you mentioned earlier (raw) but his speed, craziness, desire and let's be honest - final product - are getting all of us excited. He's fast eclipsed what Lewandoski did in his first year with Klopp ... I really hope he makes a similar jump as he has all the tools to be fucking special.

My issue with Salah is that I expect from him what I expected from Stevie, Torres, Suarez etc ... He's our best player, and paid like it. He should be winning games for us based on HIS talent and ability, even when we don't deserve it. He's just not done that for over a year now .. I don't know, I feel he's let us down despite the solid #s and his agent being a fuckign cuntsore hasn't helped. He's still a club legend mind you, and nothing can take away from what he's done - and still may do - but I feel greats are judged by what they do when their team really really needs them, and he's been lacking in that part in general. Maybe that's harsh, but 'tis what I feel.

Jota is a superb finisher. And I’m sure he will get sharp and fast within a few games.
But Gakpo is a clever little player and already seems to gel well with Mo. Nunez is undroppable for me.
Those are my vote with Jota stepping in when needed. Shame Diaz can’t give Mo a rest.

I think Gakpo may be Bobby Mk II ...

Reactions: mom

Can a player not have an overall bad game but still score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom