• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre-match thread Wolves (H) 1 March — 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves' substitutions seemed to have helped us. They looked lost after.

Another clean sheet so good win overall.

Good bye LIverpool's Gem
Though we rarely saw you play
YOu had the grace to be great at injuring yourself
and I'm stuck.

Think I read somewhere that he has cost us about 1 mill £ per game he has played in the league.

Fab actually looked like a player out there, remarkable what I was watching.

Not vintage Liverpool by any means but I think Fab managed more tackles/duels won tonight than his last 10 games combined.

Ibou back in, few iffy moments otherwise very good.

Jota largely anonymous until he popped up with the assist.

Thought Kostas did very well all things considered.....as did Trent for the first time in a while.

1. Trent
2. Fabs
3. VvD

As for the Jota praise and Mo criticism. Both put in a ton of effort, neither had much end product. Kudos to Mo for having the sense to finish off his thigh as there was no time to let it drop.
So how Mo gets all the shit thrown at him and Jota the love is mystifying.

What love is Jota getting exactly? Fairly anonymous ever since he got back from injury.

I think it hugely depends who we are playing.

I really think down the line that gakpo can do the firmino thing, and more immediately, it's useful for him to shield the midfield a bit. That said, this is the second or third good team goal we've score that just involves him playing a nice perfectly weighted ball that looks so simple. All of that work he's done coming from the left, as is natural to him.

Just having options would be brilliant, and, with five subs, there's a lot of opportunity at 65 mins or so. I don't think we will really see it this season though. You see with jota how it takes several games to begin to look right. Several games after Diaz is back, it'll be the summer.

What id love is to see some defensive stability with minimal changes to the back four for a run of games. We are starting to look like an actual team, albeit not a great one, and when we start looking like that, you can actually start noticing that we have some real talent up front. As we've been reminded so many times this season, and as klopp loves to say, you have to earn the right to play. Most of the time we haven't even got to that point, but we are doing it a little more.

I love three points. More.

I think it hugely depends who we are playing.

I really think down the line that gakpo can do the firmino thing, and more immediately, it's useful for him to shield the midfield a bit. That said, this is the second or third good team goal we've score that just involves him playing a nice perfectly weighted ball that looks so simple. All of that work he's done coming from the left, as is natural to him.

Just having options would be brilliant, and, with five subs, there's a lot of opportunity at 65 mins or so. I don't think we will really see it this season though. You see with jota how it takes several games to begin to look right. Several games after Diaz is back, it'll be the summer.

What id love is to see some defensive stability with minimal changes to the back four for a run of games. We are starting to look like an actual team, albeit not a great one, and when we start looking like that, you can actually start noticing that we have some real talent up front. As we've been reminded so many times this season, and as klopp loves to say, you have to earn the right to play. Most of the time we haven't even got to that point, but we are doing it a little more.

I love three points. More.

Good post as usual. What's your opinion on Gakpo so far? I didn't see the 2nd half, but the pass for Tsimikas like you say was simple, but class. It's useful to have an attacker who makes right decisions and does simple things well.

Its insane that even with how awful we have been this season there are only 4 teams with a better defensive record and we’re 6 points of 4th with 1 game in hand.

Reactions: jan
Its insane that even with how awful we have been this season there are only 4 teams with a better defensive record and we’re 6 points of 4th with 1 game in hand.

i guess our expectations are high .. or our frustration with the fact 2 midfield investments would have resulted in us not having to be concerned of playing in the Europa League

Amazing how well we can do if we don’t gift the opposition chances (I’m looking the senior players here.) Apart from the now obligatory Becker slapstick moment, Wolves had to work for its chances.

And Tierney is shockingly poor, by the way.

Interesting thread idea - poll about your preferred starting 3 if all healthy from:
Gakpo
Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Jota

I like that question and it’s not easy to answer, not least because we haven’t had the chance to see them all in action.

There is no competition for Mo on the right. - so he’s in.

I’m liking Gakpo through the centre at the minute.

As things currently stand, Darwin on the left, but him & Gakpo would not be a cert if we had a fit and in form Jota.

That’s even before we get a fit Diaz - I think he’d probably be a lock to start on the left.

Obviously you rotate, but does Darwin become a weapon to use from the bench more?

i guess our expectations are high .. or our frustration with the fact 2 midfield investments would have resulted in us not having to be concerned of playing in the Europa League

Yeah, its just a shame that with probably just the addition of one new midfielder we might actually be in 4th, and a disastrous season could have been a bit better.

A normal season for us would have seen us fight at the top. Frustrating.

Jota was good yesterday, he's getting back some of his mojo. He always produces something or is in the thick of the action.

The disallowed goal when he ran the entire half right into the heart of their defence? It's been awhile since I have seen someone do that. They never did recover after that.

Jota was good yesterday, he's getting back some of his mojo. He always produces something or is in the thick of the action.

The disallowed goal when he ran the entire half right into the heart of their defence? It's been awhile since I have seen someone do that. They never did recover after that.
It’s only his second start in an age. I like his tenacity. The opener doesn’t happen without him being alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom