• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Spurs (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks as though he has given up

He's just getting his point across the Klopp has had time and patience in building his team and philosophy. It is an entirely valid point, but we all know that Maureen has never had a similar trajectory as a manager. He takes on a very well funded club, full of star players, gets a tune out of them for a couple of years and in the past, winning trophies, before falling out with everyone and taking a payoff.

He's just getting his point across the Klopp has had time and patience in building his team and philosophy. It is an entirely valid point, but we all know that Maureen has never had a similar trajectory as a manager. He takes on a very well funded club, full of star players, gets a tune out of them for a couple of years and in the past, winning trophies, before falling out with everyone and taking a payoff.

That's not quite fair, he's a bit unfairly tarred with a "scorched earth" policy, but he often remains on very good terms with clubs and executives, which is why he's managed Chelsea twice and both Real and Inter would have him back.

It's usually certain players he burns bridges with, as they're the ones who have to put up with him when he starts exuding poison and playing favourites. Once the dressing rooms have changed, it doesn't seem as risky to take him back. Until he does it again, obviously.

I hate playing Mourinho teams, and while that is obviously grounded in his Chelsea days, rather than fucking Spurs or United, it's still enough to make me verrrrrrry nervous.

How much would that cunt just LOVE to be the manager that finally beat us in the league?

Think about that infamous 2-0 Chelsea defeat that cost us the league, he revelled in that so much, and for so long, you'd think they actually went on to win it.

Squad wise, we’re miles ahead, especially with them missing Kane. But yeh, Mourinho is a top manager who knows how to grind out a result.
Still think we’ll win this though.

I'm not sure how much Kane's absence will hurt them. I don't have the stats in front of me, but from what I remember they contain evidence that Tottenham actually play better as a unit when he's not in the side.

Mourinho isn't an idiot. Its a win-win situation for him. By "bigging" us up he can't lose cause if he manages to beat us, he has then beaten the" best team in the world". If he loses, he has lost against the best team in the world so no biggie then...

That's not quite fair, he's a bit unfairly tarred with a "scorched earth" policy, but he often remains on very good terms with clubs and executives, which is why he's managed Chelsea twice and both Real and Inter would have him back.

It's usually certain players he burns bridges with, as they're the ones who have to put up with him when he starts exuding poison and playing favourites. Once the dressing rooms have changed, it doesn't seem as risky to take him back. Until he does it again, obviously.
OK, maybe he doesn't fall out with 'everyone', I admit hyperbole, but with enough people to make his continuation untenable. He did have a fractious relationship with Woodward at Utd before the disintegration of his relationship with the dressing room; he fell out with Abramovic in his first tenure at Chelsea over the appointment of a DoF, and he even managed to famously fall out with his medical staff at Chelsea the second time around.

I'm not sure how much Kane's absence will hurt them. I don't have the stats in front of me, but from what I remember they contain evidence that Tottenham actually play better as a unit when he's not in the side.
Too many factors involved to take that at face value. Opposition, other injuries etc. etc. There are others as well, such as Kane's goals per minutes played that no other Spurs player comes near.

Ok some of us are nervous, and we could well lose given its Jose. But to be honest, that team of ours has me on board now after the game againat SHU, total utter control of a team that is supposed to be a fighting team. I honestly dont think anything they have will overcome us in anyway. Also we should not be losing to a team where certain players go missing from one game to the next.

Just because it's a Mourinho side , I'm not confident

He's a cunt who's teams play cunty football , especially in big matches

Spurs have conceded the same amount of goals in the PL as the calamitous Arsenal. Let that sink in. They're leaking 1.5 goals per game, that's even with Maureen's shithouse tactics. They have a lovely new stadium, but they have a crowd who will get on top of them when Maureen circles the wagons around their penalty area. I'm not saying I don't have a certain amount of trepidation, and I could easily see this being our second draw of the season, but going on form and statistics, this is more straightforward than Sheffield, Wolves and Leicester. Almost everyone on the pitch goes into it after what will feel like a luxurious 6 days off, and these boys will be absolutely bang up for it.

Just because it's a Mourinho side , I'm not confident

He's a cunt who's teams play cunty football , especially in big matches

His side got turned over by the car crash that is Ole.

They also got humiliated (again) by Bayern

That's even before Chelsea outplayed them for 90 minutes.

Mourinho aint nothing.

There is absolutely no fucking way we lose this game. I’ certain that we will beat them and get the Mourinho “monkey” off our backs.
You read it here first. That is all.

I hate playing Mourinho teams, and while that is obviously grounded in his Chelsea days, rather than fucking Spurs or United, it's still enough to make me verrrrrrry nervous.

How much would that cunt just LOVE to be the manager that finally beat us in the league?

Think about that infamous 2-0 Chelsea defeat that cost us the league, he revelled in that so much, and for so long, you'd think they actually went on to win it.
Yep, I agree, however with that Chelsea game, he clearly played on Rodgers weakness / naivety, who showed no tactical flexibility. I don't think that'll work with Klopp who will focus on exploiting Spurs weakness as opposed to chasing some form of pure game plan like Rodgers did. Still very worried though, as Spurs are insufferable at the best of times, and they'll clearly up their game for this, but I think we should have a game plan to hurt them, and the players to do it.

His side got turned over by the car crash that is Ole.

They also got humiliated (again) by Bayern

That's even before Chelsea outplayed them for 90 minutes.

Mourinho aint nothing.

Ole is also the only manager to take points off us, and he also beat City at the Emptyhad a few weeks ago.

It's not that simplistic, however much you wish it was.

However we view Tottenham's current strengths, we are coming into 3 games (2 away from home) in 13 days against teams 5,6 and 7 in the league. We can take a big step towards winning the league - or we can give City reason for hope.

Watch this if you want to have a laugh:

I know that Sherwood is biased but he really seems to hate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom