• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The players wanted Rafa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Pepe Reina has revealed Liverpool’s players would have been happy if former boss Rafa Benitez was named as Kenny Dalglish’s successor instead of Brendan Rodgers.
Liverpool’s supporters were in favour of Benitez returning for a second spell in charge of the Merseyside club having departed in 2010, with some urging the club’s American owners to interview him for the role.
However Swansea boss Rodgers was announced as the club’s new manager this morning, two weeks after Dalglish’s departure.

Benitez guided Liverpool to Champions League glory in 2005 and came close to winning the league title in 2009, while also claiming the FA Cup in 2006.
The former Valencia manager was responsible for taking a host of Spanish players to the club including Reina, and the goalkeeper believes Benitez would have been a popular appointment at Anfield.
"For many of my colleagues and me, Rafa Benitez would be the ideal candidate," he told Radio Marca.

All pretty pointless anyway other than usual haters in the press trying to stir it up. Was it in the Guardian by any chance ?

In the full version it was Pepe, Maxi, Lucas and Agger.....Lucas and Pepe I get, but he ducked Maxi around and Agger kept fucking moaning , but as my two eminent friends say it is press shit stirring and who gives a fuck

regards

Yeah, would love to hear them if Rafa had come back and dropped them. Players are last people owners should be listening to.

What? Why?

Ok, first, this has already been posted and largely ignored.
I'm guessing you missed it, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The title is somewhat sensationalist.

It suggests (at least) a majority of the team/squad wanted Rafa back as manager.
That appears to be unlikely.

Last, it just stirs up the same old bullshit about Rafa's plus points v short comings.
Neither side is ever going to change their viewpoint and it's just boring now.

Not having a go at you, but, come on man !

The whole thing's sensationalist. As said, typical press shit stirring. I haven't noticed any major descent regarding Rodgers' appointment, yet they couldn't wait to ask him today what he planned on doing to get the fans onside. It's all bollocks, like much of the stuff posted on here since we started looking for a new manager, people are always looking for something to undermine what's going on, reading too much into things. All it causes is uncertainty and a lack of trust, then the same cunts start moaning when it goes tits up because people are under constant pressure.

I would have prefered Rafa to Rodgers purely down to experience really and the fact he might well be better known to prospective signings from abroad, having said that Im still pretty happy with Rodgers and thought his interview was spot on..... Im optimistic about the fella.

Roffa would have been the bees knees. Genuinely sad We are denied the second coming (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom