• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

This years transfer thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the thought of selling Babel in an attempt to get Carlton Cole.

That leaves us well short on the left.

Skysports.com understands Real Madrid could be set to beat Liverpool to PSV Eindhoven hot-shot Ola Toivonen

Toivonen is regarded as one of the best young prospects in Europe after impressing for club and country over the last year.

Liverpool have been tracking the Swedish international all summer and are believed to have had one bid rejected by PSV earlier this month.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed his interest in Toivonen as he searches to bring in a new forward before the close of the transfer window.

However, Spanish giants Real are believed to have joined the chase for Toivonen with Jose Mourinho's side making an enquiry for the Swede.

Liverpool were tipped to make a new move for Toivonen before Tuesday's transfer deadline, but it appears Real may have stolen a march on the Merseysiders by declaring their interest in the player.

Toivonen missed Sunday's draw with ADO Den Haag to fuel rumours of a possible move away from PSV.

Much prefer this guy to Carlton Cole, not because I rate Ova - never seen him play - but that Carlton Cole is shit

So we'll be getting Cole

Roy: I want another striker
29th Aug 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson is keen to add another striker to his squad before the transfer window closes on Tuesday.

The boss has already secured the signature of Raul Meireles from Porto this weekend - but that won't necessarily be the end of his business this summer.

Hodgson said: "We've got space to add a player. We'd like another striker, we've said that all along and there's no point me denying it. But we still haven't found the right man and time is running out for us."

Asked if Swedish forward Ola Toivonen could arrive at Anfield, Hodgson said: "No. Unlikely. He's a good player but not the profile I'm looking for."

Reporters also quizzed the boss on whether Lucas Leiva might be allowed to leave the club.

He said: "I suppose if someone comes in and offers £20million for him and he wants to go, maybe we'll consider it! But it's a bit late in the day, that's for sure. I'm not anxious to be getting rid of any players this late in the day."

On the signing of Meireles, Hodgson added: "We're very pleased about that. We've lost some quality midfield players in Benayoun, Riera, Aquilani on loan and Mascherano. It was very good to bring in Poulsen and Meireles, two quality players."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-i-want-another-striker

[quote author=the count link=topic=40305.msg1165683#msg1165683 date=1283102539]

Roy: I want another striker
29th Aug 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson is keen to add another striker to his squad before the transfer window closes on Tuesday.

The boss has already secured the signature of Raul Meireles from Porto this weekend - but that won't necessarily be the end of his business this summer.

Hodgson said: "We've got space to add a player. We'd like another striker, we've said that all along and there's no point me denying it. But we still haven't found the right man and time is running out for us."

Asked if Swedish forward Ola Toivonen could arrive at Anfield, Hodgson said: "No. Unlikely. He's a good player but not the profile I'm looking for."

Reporters also quizzed the boss on whether Lucas Leiva might be allowed to leave the club.

He said: "I suppose if someone comes in and offers £20million for him and he wants to go, maybe we'll consider it! But it's a bit late in the day, that's for sure. I'm not anxious to be getting rid of any players this late in the day."

On the signing of Meireles, Hodgson added: "We're very pleased about that. We've lost some quality midfield players in Benayoun, Riera, Aquilani on loan and Mascherano. It was very good to bring in Poulsen and Meireles, two quality players."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-i-want-another-striker
[/quote]

*Shudders*

No issues with him saying it really. Of course, since he bought Poulsen, he must rate him. Just shuddering at the fact. And at the prospect of seing Poulsen and Lucas again in midfield.

Another of our reported target, linked with another club today.

Newcastle are planning a pre-deadline swoop for Dutch goal ace Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

The 21-year-old striker netted a hat-trick last week as Utrecht sent Celtic crashing out of the Europa League with a 4-0 home leg triumph.

Van Wolfswinkel, who recently made his senior international debut for Holland in a 1-1 draw against Ukraine, has scored 12 goals in all competitions this season. Dutch sources claim the Geordies have been monitoring the player in recent weeks and are ready to launch a bid to take him to Tyneside.

Liverpool were recently linked with an £8 million move for van Wolfswinkel and since then the two clubs have been drawn in the same Europa League group.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307166/Newcastle-close-Celtic-nemesis-Ricky-van-Wolfswinkel-Utrecht.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

7:58
Lewis Rutledge: Here is more on the Carlton Cole story, and Liverpool are thought to have made contact with the Hammers as they look to land the striker before Tuesday's deadline.
7:15
Football Editor: Sky Sources understand Liverpool have made an enquiry about West Ham striker Carlton Cole, although no fee has yet been agreed between the two clubs. There will be more to follow on this story shortly.
5:45
The Editor:
Skysports.com understands Real Madrid could be set to beat Liverpool to PSV Eindhoven hot-shot Ola Toivonen.

Shit ... and here was me hoping for Ruiz.

Liverpool Set Sights On £4.5m Monaco Playmaker Eidur Gudjohnsen

Anfield boss interested in vastly experienced Icelandic international.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has set his sights on snapping up out of favour Monaco midfielder Eidur Gudjohnsen. The Icelandic international is set to be offloaded by the Ligue 1 club who appears surplus to requirements at the Stade Louis II and the Anfield boss is looking to bring in the vastly experienced campaigner to give him added strength in depth.

Having completed a successful loan spell at White Hart Lane last term many believed the former Barcelona and Chelsea man would complete a permanent move to north London but a deal fell through leaving the 31 year old to wonder what his next move would be.

The adaptable performer, who was very successful as an out and out forward in his Stamford Bridge days, can now play across the midfield and behind the strikers in a number of positions and could be a very useful addition to Hodgson’s squad as they look for success on a number of fronts.

A move for Gudjohnsen would cost around £4.5m and the Monaco man would surely jump at the chance of a return to the English top tier where he has netted 106 goals in 349 appearances and is of course a double Premier League winner during his time at Chelsea.

[quote author=the count link=topic=40305.msg1165832#msg1165832 date=1283120079]
Liverpool Set Sights On £4.5m Monaco Playmaker Eidur Gudjohnsen

Anfield boss interested in vastly experienced Icelandic international.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has set his sights on snapping up out of favour Monaco midfielder Eidur Gudjohnsen. The Icelandic international is set to be offloaded by the Ligue 1 club who appears surplus to requirements at the Stade Louis II and the Anfield boss is looking to bring in the vastly experienced campaigner to give him added strength in depth.

Having completed a successful loan spell at White Hart Lane last term many believed the former Barcelona and Chelsea man would complete a permanent move to north London but a deal fell through leaving the 31 year old to wonder what his next move would be.

The adaptable performer, who was very successful as an out and out forward in his Stamford Bridge days, can now play across the midfield and behind the strikers in a number of positions and could be a very useful addition to Hodgson’s squad as they look for success on a number of fronts.

A move for Gudjohnsen would cost around £4.5m and the Monaco man would surely jump at the chance of a return to the English top tier where he has netted 106 goals in 349 appearances and is of course a double Premier League winner during his time at Chelsea.
[/quote]

I don't really rate him, but he could help us in a few positions and he is affordable... meh.

and even more bullshit.............................

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is keen on Atletico Bilbao forward Fernando Llorente and is ready to make a big money offer to bring the Spanish international to Anfield. The giant 6ft 5in striker has been a consistent attacking force for the past three La Liga seasons and is now part of Vicente Del Bosque’s all conquering World Cup winning side and could well be ready for a new challenge.

Llorente has been at the Basque club since the age of 11 and has proven a solid performer in recent seasons netting 53 times in the past three years but has seen Bilbao fail to make a move towards the European spots in the La Liga table.

Hodgson may feel that Llorente could complement Fernando Torres in a front pairing and now that the club has sold Javier Mascherano they should have funds to make an offer for the 25 year old. Having already offloaded Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera the Liverpool boss would hope to have money to further reinvest in his squad after bringing in Raul Meireles from Porto.

The fact that the Merseyside outfit have two prominent members of Spanish international side may well act as further temptation for the Pamplona born forward.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/29/liverpool-switch-attention-to-12m-spanish-international-forward-hodgson-wants-llorente/

i was wondering what strikers would be available at a price we could afford...

Gudjohnson and Llorente both popped into my mind - No doubt thats exactly the same rational that the tabloids are using.

Its interesting when Hodgson uses the word 'profile'... Does that mean he is after someone more established? or a cheap youngster..

[quote author=gareth_thomas link=topic=40305.msg1165881#msg1165881 date=1283140364]
i was wondering what strikers would be available at a price we could afford...

Gudjohnson and Llorente both popped into my mind - No doubt thats exactly the same rational that the tabloids are using.

Its interesting when Hodgson uses the word 'profile'... Does that mean he is after someone more established? or a cheap youngster..
[/quote]

He explained simply that he wants someone who can do some of what Torres can do. A goalscorer rather than a creater.

[quote author=Roopy link=topic=40305.msg1165877#msg1165877 date=1283139110]
Rumours out of Spain are that Luis Fabiano set to sign for Spurs for 20-23M.
[/quote]

Thats steep given he has less than a year left on his contract

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=40305.msg1165938#msg1165938 date=1283156287]
Jack Rodwell to Man Utd?

Hope not.
[/quote]

Why?

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=40305.msg1165943#msg1165943 date=1283156758]
He looks a very good player. I think he's gonna be a great player for whoever he ends up at.
[/quote]

Well Everton are never going to sell him to us, so I guess our hands are tied.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=40305.msg1165912#msg1165912 date=1283152532]
[quote author=Roopy link=topic=40305.msg1165877#msg1165877 date=1283139110]
Rumours out of Spain are that Luis Fabiano set to sign for Spurs for 20-23M.
[/quote]

Thats steep given he has less than a year left on his contract
[/quote]

Just announced he's signed a 3 year extension at Sevilla.

Scharner has signed for the Baggies.

One we don't need to worry about any more.

Not looking good for Spurs hunt for a striker either, Luis Fabiano has signed a new deal with Sevilla and Lazio have rejected their 16 mill £ bid for Zarate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom