• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we need to, the rules are in place it's up to the governing bodies to enforce them. If they don't there's little point trying to compete, money rules

But money rules football is not something we discovered now, is it? We decided to spend the last two months increasing Lavia bid by 25 cents every week and getting rebuffed back. That is on us, not Chelsea.

We cannot find a doctor in time, DOF, and apparently a DM also in time. We cant blame the Saudis or Chelsea for all of our problems.

I don't think we need to, the rules are in place it's up to the governing bodies to enforce them. If they don't there's little point trying to compete, money rules

It feels like Chelsea have factored the rules, loopholes and punishments into their strategy. We just need to stay in our lane, the slow lane, and complete deals for the likes of Lavia when we have the chance.

FFP was long dead a while ago. We are the only ones whom to think it exists but let’s be honest, the reason we haven’t signed a DM is nothing to do with FFP though…

Do the Chavs have a deal with Southampton?
Surely the FFP thing is dead if they sign this lad too.

FFP is the biggest myth going.

It only gets mentioned by us in hope it actually comes to effect, who even governs FFP?

If they get this lad cause we dallied about for a month, that pisses me off. I think he is a special talent.
Would have been great with Kone and Lavia.

what i don't get it how they were scrambling to sort the deal for caicedo for three days
then suddenly ffp is nothing to worry about and another 55 mill is not sweat?

what i don't get it how they were scrambling to sort the deal for caicedo for three days
then suddenly ffp is nothing to worry about and another 55 mill is not sweat?
Maybe it’s per player restrictions? I must say I’ve lost track of how this all works (or doesn’t work.)

I have no idea, and also very little confidence in the ffp thing being enforced properly, apart from some symbolic fines

We were probably never in for him. You can't be this bad at transfers. It was all a game so the lizards could say 'we tried'.

I am inclined to believe that. They must have known that Caicedo would never join us, they definitely knew that. Also this 4M - just short to get Lavia - another weird thing. In a way it's probably for the best if they will invest the money in 'Proper' 6's, not some hybrid fuckers. Fuck them both.

The Guardian are going with this:

Liverpool have agreed a deal worth £60m for the Southampton midfielder Roméo Lavia. Chelsea are also trying to sign Lavia and Liverpool must convince the 19-year-old to move to Anfield.

The Guardian are going with this:

Liverpool have agreed a deal worth £60m for the Southampton midfielder Roméo Lavia. Chelsea are also trying to sign Lavia and Liverpool must convince the 19-year-old to move to Anfield.

I thought he has gone to Chelsea (signing about to be done and all ) ? - I don't get it.

As we've outbid Chelsea, we've now the only offer on the table. We'll see what happens when Chelsea return with a higher offer just to piss us off.

So if we're lucky, we end up paying 60M for a relegated midfielder (who we could have got for 10M less just a few days ago if our bosses didn't go on a gambling sesh with Chelsea & Brighton). And if we're unlucky, we're paying premium for some 4th choice cunt because everyone knows they just have to stand firm and we'll pay over the odds because we're desperate

Getting us into this mess is arguably a more sackable offense than signing Arthur last year

So if we're lucky, we end up paying 60M for a relegated midfielder (who we could have got for 10M less just a few days ago if our bosses didn't go on a gambling sesh with Chelsea & Brighton). And if we're unlucky, we're paying premium for some 4th choice cunt because everyone knows they just have to stand firm and we'll pay over the odds because we're desperate

Getting us into this mess is arguably a more sackable offense than signing Arthur last year

Yep. So all that haggling over a couple of million and now this. And to think that some fans are saying we've done nothing wrong and it's all down to the players, agents and other clubs, while our holier than thou hierarchy continue to play out a tragicomedy.

SSN saying we continued talks through the weekend, Chelsea are close to a deal (sound familiar!) and that it will come down to player choice. If true, ket's hope it doesn't revolve around wages and length of contract as we know we'll lose that one, and that Lavia doesn't take to heart the fact we dropped his deal to try to close out with Caicedo. :-/

We might have burned the bridges with the player, sadly.
But he seems like a decent kid with good agents. Hopefully they’ll see that a move to us is best for his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom