• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe we ever dropped interest in him— where do folks get this impression from? The more immediate issue as far I can see was Caicedo as Brighton had set a deadline which, as it turned out was just a way of rinsing Chelsea out of an additional £35 million. So we pay £60 million for this lad— I’d say it was a gamble worth taking.

Not long ago people were meaning about quibbling over however many millions to get him. Now we’re dickheads. Sometimes I feel people just want the club to fail so as to have a go at FSG.

I don’t believe we ever dropped interest in him— where do folks get this impression from? The more immediate issue as far I can see was Caicedo as Brighton had set a deadline which, as it turned out was just a way of rinsing Chelsea out of an additional £35 million. So we pay £60 million for this lad— I’d say it was a gamble worth taking.Sometimes I feel people just want the club to fail so as to have a go at FSG,.

The only issue with that is that Chelsea don't seem to give a fuck about 35M, 50M or even a 100M. We do, it would seem, care about every cent.

I'd say that heads need to roll for how things have gone down this summer but there aren't any fucking heads left.

If'n we could get the players before they get to Brighton and Southampton, yes. But we don't and we're always going g to be left at the mercy of the selling club and risks of an auction. We have to take risks sometimes. It doesn't always work out but flippin' heck all these throwaway epithets :rolleyes:

The only issue with that is that Chelsea don't seem to give a fuck about 35M, 50M or even a 100M. We do, it would seem, care about every cent.

I'd say that heads need to roll for how things have gone down this summer but there aren't any fucking heads left.
That's what happens when you have centralised control-- there will be nobody to blame of things go belly up.

How have we ended up paying £10million over the asking price, fuck me hahahha
At least 10m of that will be add ons that we’ll be happy enough to have activated.

I imagine the 50m price always related to the underlying fee and we’ve offered that plus add ons.

Signing Lavia for £60 million is over paying by at least £20million, but at this point I'm beyond caring, it's not my money after all, but the amount of pressure on a kid who's played less premier league games than Harvey Elliott to come in and transform a team that wants to challenge City is ridiculous. I can only assume that our plan, and I use that word in the loosest sense as we clearly haven't had a plan since the sale of Fabs and Hendo, is to rotate between him, Thiago and Badger Tits this season dependant on the competition. Massive pressure for the kid, proper throwing him in at the deep end, but you never know, maybe he'll relish it.

Problem is, it seems we keep rolling heads and the same shite keeps happening. There's only one real constant in all of this, the twerps from across the pond.

At least 10m of that will be add ons that we’ll be happy enough to have activated.

I imagine the 50m price always related to the underlying fee and we’ve offered that plus add ons.

More to the point Chelsea have been sniffing around him from day one. Any deal point reached would have had Chelsea competing, as they are now.

Our strategy seems to be all over the place but Chelsea and their bottomless pockets isn't helping

If we don't get lavia now then what's the point.

We can't compete with 8 year contracts.

According to Sky he is heading to Chelsea.
I'd take anything coming out London with a pinch of salt. The briefings have all been coming from Chelsea. It took a [desperately] scuppered deal with Adams to get the Caicedo one done.

Would we have agreed a fee with Southampton if the player wasn't keen?

According to Sky he is heading to Chelsea.
Serves us right for mucking around between the 2.

Hopefully we've learned our lesson to not chase these overpriced Prem players because it's clear we can't negotiate our way out of a paper bag.

Potentially so, to be fair I don't think I'll ever look at a transfer fee and think that's good value for money ever again, unless it's a Macallister release clause situation.

I'd take anything coming out London with a pinch of salt. The briefings have all been coming from Chelsea. It took a [desperately] scuppered deal with Adams to get the Caicedo one done.

Would we have agreed a fee with Southampton if the player wasn't keen?

Keen until Chelsea say double wages for twice as long?

If so, that's how the cookie crumbles.

No it isn't. We caused this entire thing. It's our fault. Fucking amateurs.

At least this whole thing has made me realise that I could still make it as a sporting director/transfer negotiator for a huge Premier League club if I fancied it. Because I literally couldn't do any worse than these fucking jokers.

Belgian journo seem to think he still wants to join us:

But the player’s preference - as always repeated it - never changed about #LFC that just reached an agreement with Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom