• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EL - Toulouse (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA rules:
F-hFDE1XEAEfJ2O

Shouldn't have been disallowed on 3 counts.

1) Should never have been ruled a handball in first place as it deflected off another part of his body
2) It was accidental and not deliberate
3) It was 20 seconds before and they had a chance to clear. New phase.

And the ref gave the goal, and then called it back too.

What a joke.
Isn't there another one where if it wasn't given, as long as he isn't the one that scored it.. it shouldn't be pulled back?

Doubly bummed.

What horrible game and performance, the back 4 at times was uncoordinated crap and Szbo needs to dropped and rested. He has been crap of late.

Up at 4.45am to watch Liverpool play like shite and get beat, all while being screamed at and vomited over by a grouchy 5 month old who rather watch dancing fruit on the TV.

To be fair…. he has a point.

From UEFA's own website: "No handball offence should be called on a player if the ball is previously deflected from his own body and, in particular, when the ball does not go towards goal."

Well, it’s a good job none of us cares about this competition.

I mean VAR obviously decided he controlled it deliberately with his arm, rather than it being accidental.

Still shite though.

Scrapping VAR would be an admission from IFAB that the referees are totally incompetent and they'd rather reduce the increased possibility of 2 (or more) idiots having to make a decision, as opposed to the one idiot currently on the field.

We got what we deserved, no question about it. Doesn't matter who you are or where club you're travelling to, no effort throughout the game automatically means you deserve fuck all.

Nobody played well. The subs laughably made us worst.

We have a serious mental deficiency when it comes to playing away, in particular fodder sides with no technique and all fighting spirit.

Last edited:
It was a fair result.. we were shite.

That decision is absolutely horrendous though. The person on VAR should be sacked. Doesn't even know the laws of the game.

Apology from UEFA incoming.
I mean it looked a pretty intentional handball from where I was watching, shit control from Mac which he knew and if he hadn't used his arm then the ball would've got away from him. He was shit all game tbh, looking like a poor signing.

Crap few days at the office. It happens, and it’s acceptable as long as we learn and shift up a gear. If we’re crap against the mighty Brentford, I’ll be a little concerned. But we won’t be.

Kelleher 4 - Meh.
Gomez 5 - Average
Matip 3 - Shit
Quansah 4 - Meh
Kostas 1 - Utter wank
Endo 1.5 - :redcard:
Harvey 3 - Shit
Mac 3 - Shit
Doak 4 - Did ok
Gakpo 2 - Useless
Diaz 4 - Did ok

Salah 2 - Pointless
Szobo 2 - Pointless
Trent 2 - Pointless

I mean it looked a pretty intentional handball from where I was watching, shit control from Mac which he knew and if he hadn't used his arm then the ball would've got away from him. He was shit all game tbh, looking like a poor signing.

He will be suspended against Brentford, so we will see yet another midfield reshuffle. I think he needs to be benched for a while but I don't see it happening. Midfield still looks completely unbalanced, which isn't surprising given the number of changes and the obvious gap we have at DM.

He will be suspended against Brentford, so we will see yet another midfield reshuffle. I think he needs to be benched for a while but I don't see it happening. Midfield still looks completely unbalanced, which isn't surprising given the number of changes and the obvious gap we have at DM.
Thank god because he really does look slow, weak and out of sorts.....not sure if he's suffering with something but clearly this isn't the same player we saw at Brighton or at the World Cup.

We just need to find a way to be hard to beat away from home because tactically we've got it wrong almost every time. Can you remember a first half where we've comfortably lead away from home at half time? Me neither.

Macca looking like a poor signing?! Jeezzees. So many bad opinions on here.

We've played him mostly as a DM and he's looked weak there. That's not his fault that's on Klopp and the coaches, but he's clearly struggling. Persisting with him in that position is just going to erode his confidence.

He also looks knackered, whether that's mental or physical fatigue I don't know but I'd imagine between club and international football he's had very little time off in the last 2 years.

Great comeback, super impressive. We're allowed a bad week. Feck it, once it ends soon, I'll keep that knee in check

This was actually a good result, I am hoping that this is the first bottom of the barrel performance, and having fucked up against Luton tactically, and been overrun by much of game tonight and losing it in the end will give the players extra motivation against Brentford on Sunday. They needed this loss to get the feeling and motivation for Sunday, and this loss won't harm us in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom