• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - just a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet Anzhi also bid, 35 mill €.
But I guess everything Palkin says in this saga is the truth eh.

Its almost endearing the gerbil faced optimism and dogmatic regurgitation of twitter rumour as fact. Almost endearing.

But actually tragic and annoying and laughable.

Well considering he appeared to be our no 1 target this summer it's a pity to miss out . It would be interesting to know why , i mean if he was never even interested in us because we lack champs league football you would think we'd have worked that out earlier . And if that is the reason we didn't get him well it's a bitter pill to swallow but sadly to be expected after finishing 6th or worse for 4 seasons.

Dortmund are an interesting choice . yes they've been very successful of late and are a good club but it will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

And just on the subject of third party ownership which has been mentioned a few times in this saga , why haven't fifa/uefa provided law which all FAs can follow ? Why is it allowed in some leagues and not others ? I've never really felt comfortable with it , i mean i understand that you can look at a footballer as an 'asset' which in theory people can own rights to but in any other walk of life or business would it be allowed ? Can somebody own your skills and influence where you want to use them , who to 'lease' you to ?

Anyway it seems we were willing to spend 20m+ on a player , let's see what we do with that money now , if anything .

I've never been sold on him anyway.

Never heard of him before a month ago. The fee was always excessive. And from his point of view, Dortmund are a better club to join.

Everybody wins. Let's find someone better and get on with it.

He was perfect. Could play any role in centre mid, could play on the wing, would have brought loads of goals, more pace to our attack, etc. etc. etc. He's a fantastic footballer and I'm absolutely gutted we didn't sign him. I can't think of anyone who fits the bill the way he would have; hopefully the transfer committee doesn't have the same problem.

Never heard of him before a month ago. The fee was always excessive. And from his point of view, Dortmund are a better club to join.

Agreed. Didn't see what all the hype was about. He seems decent but big time overpriced.

fair enough , but who better would sign for us ?

And does it not say something that dortmund , a club who's players everyone is creaming themselves over , are willing to spend 20m on him ?

Hansern. I apologise.
Youre right, I am bipolar and a fuckwit.
I love you, I just wish you didnt listen to speculation and bullshit so much.
That said there is no need to be rude.
I am sorry.
x

I guess one positive we can take from this is that Dortmund have been very good at picking out players over the last few years so hopefully this means we're on the right track in terms of the players we're identifying.

Alexey Yaroshevsky ‏@YaroLFC 19h
Ok, my source finally informed of talks with BVB. He cannot confirm whether Mkhitaryan has really gone to Dortmund, but talks were held:(

Tomorrow i'll have info on what exactly happened and what could have gone wrong for LFC. Still, the guy didnt say whether deal was struck

There we go. Shakhtar CEO Palkin confirms talks with BVB, but says the club isnt happy with 25 million euro offer and are pushing for more

Palkin also says that he hasnt yet spoken with Mkhitaryan ever since he went AWOL

Palkin also said that his issue WILL be resolved soon. Which suggests that the deal with BVB HASNT YET BEEN AGREED. just as my source says

In another words, regardless of where Mkhitaryan ends up eventually, this has been one of the most awful transfer sagas of late

the full interview with Palkin is here (in russian) http://terrikon.com/posts/159741

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ian Ayre's name yet. Didn't he cancel his trip to Brazil to try to negotiate things ?

It's soooo tempting to blame Ian, isn't it ?

Sky Sports News reports Liverpool have matched Borussia Dortmund's bid for Henrikh Mkhitaryan but the player's agent won't let him speak to the Reds. Odd situation this one. The Mkhitaryan saga continues...

Why on earth wouldn't the players agent let him speak to us? Is it in his best interest not to? I'd assume that we'd be offering more dosh than BVB. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom