• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match, Europa League: LASK (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So qualification as it stands:

A - West Ham or Freiburg
B - Marseille or Brighton
C - Real Betis or Prague/ Rangers
D - Atalanta or Sporting
E - Liverpool
F -Rennes or Villarreal
G - Slavia Prague orvRoma
H - Bayer Leverkeusen

First team most likely to qualify direct, only us and Xabi’s team guaranteed

What, so we top the group amazing.
But that means we miss the next set of games and go straight to the last 16?
And some other chumps have to play in the last 32(?) To get to the next round.

What an odd set up

Reactions: dee

What an odd set up
Not really odd at all.

Group toppers get auto qualification whilst runners up have to play a play off tie to join the last 16. We're not missing anything.

There is no last 32.

Hard to call those dropping down in to the qualifiers.

A - Copenhagen or Galatasery (or United if they beat Munich)
B - PSV or Lens ( or Sevilla)
C - Napoli or. Braga (or Union Berlin if they beat Madrid)
D - RB Salzburg or Befica
E - Feynoord
F - PSG or Newcastle or Ac Milan
G - Red Star Belgrade or Young Boys
H - Porto or Shaktah Donetsk

Yepp

We could have 5 of the last 16 from the EPL! Although I doubt it. Most likely just us and West Ham

Klopp spoke highly of Connor Bradley after the game. Seems like we've found our (backup) right back.

Good result but thought it was a bit of a crap game… in some ways like a playground match.

I imagine Klopp just wanted to ensure a win so in that sense job done… aside from Nunez not getting a goal.

LASK fans still singing waving their scarfs after FT.

Half our fans left with 10 mins to go. You'd have thought we were the side 4-0 down.

We've been put to shame....don't get why they pay a ticket to essentially do the same as they would if they were watching home alone on their sofa.
How many people do you know that get up and walk outside their house with 10 mins to go while watching us?

Klopp spoke highly of Connor Bradley after the game. Seems like we've found our (backup) right back.
The problem with us and Trent/Right backs is now we expect people like Gomez and Bradley to follow suit. It’s a complete no no, asking them to do what Trent does in his new role is a shambles.

Nights like tonight where Trent isn’t starting, we should just play our conventional back 4 but we have Gomez playing in a double pivot with Endo and it left so much space for Lask to exploit it was ridiculous. I don’t like it.

What an odd set up

Wait till you CL next season.

The problem with us and Trent/Right backs is now we expect people like Gomez and Bradley to follow suit. It’s a complete no no, asking them to do what Trent does in his new role is a shambles.

Nights like tonight where Trent isn’t starting, we should just play our conventional back 4 but we have Gomez playing in a double pivot with Endo and it left so much space for Lask to exploit it was ridiculous. I don’t like it.
We did it knowing Lask were shit.

I guess we had to let Kelleher do SOMETHING

So qualification as it stands:

A - West Ham or Freiburg
B - Marseille or Brighton
C - Real Betis or Prague/ Rangers
D - Atalanta or Sporting
E - Liverpool
F -Rennes or Villarreal
G - Slavia Prague orvRoma
H - Bayer Leverkeusen

First team most likely to qualify direct, only us and Xabi’s team guaranteed
As far as being favourites to win this is concerned one has to be worried about Leverkusen's progress. He has done an AMAZING job there and they continue to blaze a path in the BL. A very very dangerous team.

Reactions: dee
As far as being favourites to win this is concerned one has to be worried about Leverkusen's progress. He has done an AMAZING job there and they continue to blaze a path in the BL. A very very dangerous team.

Hopefully we meet in the finals, and after the game our future boss can have a meet and greet with his next team.

Hopefully we meet in the finals, and after the game our future boss can have a meet and greet with his next team.

It will be amazing to see Xabi at Anfield in the 1/4 or 1/2 finals, showcasing his young team like a proud cat mom shows her kittens to her human owners. Hope football gods make it happen, will be cracking game and atmosphere.

Not looking forward to the inevitable meeting in the final with Sevilla though…

Last edited:
When Klopp leaves, and it will be a sad day when that eventually happens, but Xabi is by far my number one target to replace him.

Have you guys seen the football they play ? They setup to move in 'boxes'. Rafa used to setup his teams to pass and move in triangles, but Xabi takes it up a notch by playing in 'squares' which i've never seen before and it's so far proving to be effective and exciting to watch. He's a progressive coach and comes across as an intelligent student of the game. I'd love him to manage us one day.

As I said in the Fulham game. Quietly had a good game. Should have had an assist at the end of the game as well.

69 touches
88% pass success rate [43/49]
2 key passes
1 big chance created
4/6 ground duels won
2 clearances
1 interception
3 tackles

When Klopp leaves, and it will be a sad day when that eventually happens, but Xabi is by far my number one target to replace him.

Have you guys seen the football they play ? They setup to move in 'boxes'. Rafa used to setup his teams to pass and move in triangles, but Xabi takes it up a notch by playing in 'squares' which i've never seen before and it's so far proving to be effective and exciting to watch. He's a progressive coach and comes across as an intelligent student of the game. I'd love him to manage us one day.
Madrid or Munich will get to him first, unless Klopp implodes.

My prediction
  • 4 van Dijk
  • 8 Szoboszlai
  • 9 Núñez
  • 10 Mac Allister
  • 17 Jones - on 70th min for Gravy
  • 32 Matip
  • 44 Chambers - on 60th min for Kostas
  • 45 Pitaluga
  • 49 Gordon - on 70th min for Lucho
  • 50 Doak - on 60th min for Salah
  • 66 Alexander-Arnold