• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said about the abroad thing for a while.

Pay them a decent fucking wedge too. Best of the best and all that.

Right now the PL has the most substandard officiating of any sport. Never mind the top leagues of football.
I watched Fjortoft answer questions on VAR - he said they have the same issues in Germany and Norway.

Check complete offside check complete goal no offside.
How difficult that must me .

Yep, the lack of scrunity about the state of the game at the moment from broadcasters is extremely telling. None of them have the balls to challenge the product they've paid billions for.

Their default is lt to lumping praise on a 'wonderful Man City side' or praise Spurs for 'always believing' or some trivial shit, the decisions 'even themselves out line' will get trotted out, and the circus rolls on.
Actually mate it's the opposite from what I've watched (BBC. Sky, ESPN, Bein etc,) they are all calling out PGMOL. It's the odd idiot here and there praising Spurs for their 'mentality'. Though the Red Card for Jones is split down the middle with the proviso that the Ref shouldn't have been shown a 10 second still of the worst looking frame..

Didn’t Bisouma strike someone in the face with his hand… intentionally - and it wasn’t looked at.

Nah, don't want to be a cunt like those fans.
That was at most a stern talking to - it wasn't intentional.
But Bissouma's acting for Jones' red card makes me want to wish he has a long sideline stay after not faking it.

The PL decided to go against using Semi-Automated Offside Technology at the start of the season, instead electing to use 4 extra cameras.
Anyone know what the PL mean by "the technology may date too quickly for it to prove a difference-maker"?
[article]
Chief executives across the organisation's clubs are said to believe that the technology may date too quickly for it to prove a difference-maker. One innovation that will aim to provide greater clarity over controversial VAR calls next season is the addition of four extra cameras at Premier League grounds.
[/article]
[article]
Premier League 'decide AGAINST introducing semi-automated offside technology next season... but will look to add FOUR additional VAR cameras to grounds to avoid controversial calls'

• The semi-automated technology was trialed successfully at 2022 World Cup
  • LaLiga will invest in its usage next season but PL believes technology will date
  • Two Liverpool matches had calls that fell in VAR blind spots this season
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...semi-automated-offside-technology-season.html

[/article]

What was really off for me is that all the foreign channels and radio 5 live were talking about it at half time, but sky didn't even mention it until they absolutely fucking had to, like half an hour after the match. It's all one big fuck off arse covering club. I've been quiet quitting from giving a shit about results for the last few years, and this just hammers the point home that there are better things to do with your Saturday afternoon than have it wasted by a few fucking thick wankers who were bullied at school so much that they became referees.

The offside decision is obviously ridiculous as well as the excuses/reasons for why the decision was made but there were plenty more concerning decisions in the game that are going unmentioned.

Salah was booked for dissent when a foul was awarded against him that was never a foul as he hardly touched the spurs player who went down, the decision was compounded by the fact he was through on goal with a teammate in a good position to pass to and only one defender close enough to affect the outcome. I would back Mo to score or assist a goal in that situation so I can see why he was so pissed off.

Robertson was booked for a challenge where he was clearly looking at the ball and the spurs player was clearly looking only at Robbo and shoulder charged him, however the spurs player went down holding his face and got the foul. Ridiculously unfair decision and blatant playacting by the spurs player.

Van de Ven challenged Gomez in the box and a corner was given even though the spurs player made no contact with the ball and only impacted Gomez. VAR was not mentioned in the commentary i was watching as having got involved even though the commentator questioned whether a foul had been committed. How was a penalty not given or at least assessed by VAR?

I'm sure there were more bad decisions made but these three alone could have had a massive impact on the outcome of the game but are hardly being mentioned in the media because of the error that PGMOL have admitted and the debatable red card/yellow card decisions. Total shit show all round.

Salah - he was booked for kicking the ball away. Clear Yellow.

Robbo - absolutely, that was a terrible decision, the Ref had a nightmare game. 10 Yellows (exc. Jota) + 2 Reds.

Gomez - I think VAR did check that. From reviews it wasn't a foul anyway.

VAR is a godsend for refs and allows them to influence the outcome of a game even more that previously

VAR is a godsend for refs and allows them to influence the outcome of a game even more that previously
Yes and it also makes them less accountable for their decisions because VAR will look at it anyway. It's shit, it hasn't fixed anything and it makes watching the games worse

In danger of straying into other forum meltdowns.

Fuck it, no point ranting anymore about this. Onto the next game.

In fairness we have had our fair share of decisions against them over the years, they just got all of theirs in one match.

I don't think that's true. Robertson was wnt off against them a couple of years back and Kane made pretty much the same tackle and wasn't punished. They got their equaliser in the 4-3 last year off a free kick that wasn't a foul. If anybody is using the CL final as an example they're deluded. His arm was sky high. Yeah, Mane took advantage but his hand/arm was above shoulder height and fully blocked the path of the ball.

IMG-20231001-WA0003.jpg

No, we cannot and you know we can't.

& no we're not gonna appeal the Jones red either because let's face it.....it was a red.
The Jones one wont be appeled, I get that.
The Jotta one, what do you mean.. I know we cant ? Its a red based on a scond yellow, where the first red was for NOTHING. Are you suggesting we are so corrupt now that we give a yellow for doing Nothing now ?

I can only assume that this happened after all our previous fixtures with Spurs as we had "our fair share of decisions against them over the years" ...
These two should be fired.

384100188_10161512009957745_7072244275694227466_n.jpg

LOL - the one thing that will come from this game is we'll have a huge chip on our shoulders ... it helps build great teams

384575037_10221563713113701_6837549331898839319_n.jpg

I've been saying it for years - they should just abolish red cards. They're shit and completely unnecessary. They just serve to completely ruin potentially great games of football.

Give a penalty instead. At least there's some coming back from that.

Salah - he was booked for kicking the ball away. Clear Yellow.

Robbo - absolutely, that was a terrible decision, the Ref had a nightmare game. 10 Yellows (exc. Jota) + 2 Reds.

Gomez - I think VAR did check that. From reviews it wasn't a foul anyway.
Why Salah was booked is irrelevant, the yellow card is not the issue i highlighted but the fact that the foul was incorrectly given and we would have had a chance to score if play had been allowed to continue.

On the Gomez challenge how can it not be a penalty when the spurs player makes contact with Gomez before any touch on the ball (if he did touch the ball at all). The same reason Van dijk was sent off at Newcastle was that he touched the player before playing the ball. What's the difference?

Now you're going to be like the Spurs fan and say "It wasn't a penalty in the CL" too?

Mark Goldbridge, a fucking Manc, says he turned the game off it was so disgraceful and that's all the calls going against his BIGGEST rival ... and you're "to be fair" ... come on dude, if ever a game signals VAR should be canceled, it's this. Because 'human error' should be greatly limited when technology is involved, and it makes NO difference.

I get it, you love Ange and want him to succeed - even if it's screwing your favorite team - but yesterday was one of the worst games I've ever seen refereed in my life.

Heck, my 14 year old son even said "That's the worst referee game I've seen since Chelsea-Barcelona" (My response was " You weren't even alive for that lovely travesty" - and he responded, "I know but I saw highlights and I don't understand how those calls were possible").
It was farcical and of course we were robbed, I never said anything any different. My care factor is less in the league as I don’t see anyone coming remotely close to City over the course of the season. Games fucked. They’ll walk the title.

It was farcical and of course we were robbed, I never said anything any different. My care factor is less in the league as I don’t see anyone coming remotely close to City over the course of the season. Games fucked. They’ll walk the title.

I think they'll walk the title too - but I dont' think refs should make it easier for them!

I think they'll walk the title too - but I dont' think refs should make it easier for them!
No but I don’t bother crying about it. Achieves nothing and just gives rival fans something to latch onto. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see how good we looked and how insane a pt would have been and thoroughly deserved. We will be the only team to stay anywhere near City come the new year imo.

Why Salah was booked is irrelevant, the yellow card is not the issue i highlighted but the fact that the foul was incorrectly given and we would have had a chance to score if play had been allowed to continue.

On the Gomez challenge how can it not be a penalty when the spurs player makes contact with Gomez before any touch on the ball (if he did touch the ball at all). The same reason Van dijk was sent off at Newcastle was that he touched the player before playing the ball. What's the difference?
Foul not given - happens dozens of times a match. You can't kick the ball away. End of the story.

VvD tackle on Gomez. Looks to me like he got the ball - Gomez placed his foot down in front of VvD's.

No but I don’t bother crying about it. Achieves nothing and just gives rival fans something to latch onto. Anyone with half a footballing brain could see how good we looked and how insane a pt would have been and thoroughly deserved. We will be the only team to stay anywhere near City come the new year imo.

You don't think we should post about bogus calls because it achieves nothing?

Foul not given - happens dozens of times a match. You can't kick the ball away. End of the story.

VvD tackle on Gomez. Looks to me like he got the ball - Gomez placed his foot down in front of VvD's.

Spurs fan (ex runner of 101greatgoals): " maaaan it’s a clean tackle"

I haven't felt this bad about defeat since... actually I don't know.
Seriously I felt sick to my stomach yesterday. Started working just to keep my mind off it.

I have no words to be honest. If I feel this bad and cheated, I wonder how the players and the staff feel

I keep thinking, if they knew that a mistake was made, why didn't they stop the game? Why didn't the VAR ref try to get the on field ref's attention to rectify the mistake? This is what irks the most.

No actually, what irks me the most is that nothing will come of this. The refs will get a break and we'll lose the league by one point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom