• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely whats the point in following football any more? We know whats going to happen. "Sorry Jurgen, we've suspended them on full pay for 2 weeks"
Add in the fact city can just cheat for a decade with zero repercussions

It's corruption to it's core

It is tough to get your head around this. I’m firmly with the opinion that the officials are not corrupt and as likely to fuck up for one team as another.

The fact that Darren England asked the ref to reconsider his opinion ref Curtis is acceptable, the fact the screen that greeted the ref was the impact and not the how it occurred, was bad. You follow that up with the offside fuck up and you have to say that he’s had more than a bad day at the office.

Never want anyone to lose their job but that is definitely a contender for gross incompetence

It is tough to get your head around this. I’m firmly with the opinion that the officials are not corrupt and as likely to fuck up for one team as another.

The fact that Darren England asked the ref to reconsider his opinion ref Curtis is acceptable, the fact the screen that greeted the ref was the impact and not the how it occurred, was bad. You follow that up with the offside fuck up and you have to say that he’s had more than a bad day at the office.

Never want anyone to lose their job but that is definitely a contender for gross incompetence

The offside fuck up cannot be considered anything other than 1)cowardice to not call play back, or 2)corrupt. Whichever one it is, he needs to be sacked. He's not hamstrung by the fact the free kick was taken, as i've seen people try to excuse on twitter. He has fucked it, maliciously or not is open for debate.

Na honesty more I think about this. Its absurd.

Do these guys even enjoy/watch football.

They made horrendous decisions again and again. Anyone who watches knows plays football would show the full challenge not the impact its actually bizarre

The red card issue was bad, but thats the standard incompetence thats to be expected from this shower of shite.

Genuinely whats the point in following football any more? We know whats going to happen. "Sorry Jurgen, we've suspended them on full pay for 2 weeks"
Add in the fact city can just cheat for a decade with zero repercussions

It's corruption to it's core
We've signed our lives away to this shit, like it or not. The ink on that paper is irreversible.

Tbh, I'd accept that as a red if he saw it all and still thought yeah he's gona over the ball.
I'd think it was wrong and the ref was a dick but I'd say seem em given kinda thing.

The fact it was a still, in front of screaming spurs fans. It's weird.

Add to the other horrendously utterly bizarre decisions, today and this season and you really have to question what's going on.

If you were paying refs to throw matches for prop bets, you would have their incompetence manifest itself randomly. I'm not saying they are corrupt, but if betting syndicates are what caused them to be, they wouldn't give a shit about any particular team.

On the plus side, that's Klopp's team talks sorted for the rest of the season. I didn't expect it to come together so quickly, but this team has got real backbone.

On the plus side, that's Klopp's team talks sorted for the rest of the season. I didn't expect it to come together so quickly, but this team has got real backbone.

When we're pushed backs to the wall we can show off out gritty side, that's never been in question.

So then, when it was a goal kick. It was impossible for him to say there has been a miscommunication. Fucking twats
Even so, it will just take another 5 seconds to comms back to the ref to clarify that hey that was a goal. Again, that's the whole reason VAR is there for right?

They are just pulling excuses out of their ass. Fuck knows what really went down. They had only one job to do.

I'm not finding myself more at peace with this as time goes on.
It's a game where everything went against us, with that cruel last minute goal. Questions are answered with more questions, each more confusing than the next. And Spurs are somehow heralded as "resilient" and will be challenging for the title.

It's just hard to accept for anyone in red. One of the worst in recent memory.

I'm not finding myself more at peace with this as time goes on.
We are always going to lose some games this season, but the character and mentality we showed despite the total shithosiery of refereeing should make you/us feel proud, and now be confident we can mount a title challenge. Spurs, won due to some shocking decisions. but imagine how they must feel when they have to come to Anfield with a 60K+ crowd?
Even with numbers disadvantage we were asking Spurs questions. This game more than any other will put fear into our rivals.

We are always going to lose some games this season, but the character and mentality we showed despite the total shithosiery of refereeing should make you/us feel proud, and now be confident we can mount a title challenge. Spurs, won due to some shocking decisions. but imagine how they must feel when they have to come to Anfield with a 60K+ crowd?
Even with numbers disadvantage we were asking Spurs questions. This game more than any other will put fear into our rivals.

We are going to lose some games this season on the way to not winning a title, that'll come most likely due to fixture congestion as it always does, with the advantage going to the team that has players it barely uses in every position. It's already enough of an uphill struggle. We could use games where we easily dismiss teams like Tottenham, or Newcastle rather than willing our way with heroics and red cards.

When we've lost the title before it's been by a point. You can pretend this won't cost dearly if you'd like. I haven't really doubted the character and mentality of this side. I'd rather not have the reminder and have 1 or 3 points more.

I've been teaching my kid how to play board games and instilling in him the idea that you don't cheat, and that even in cooperative games the rules of the game must be enforced, otherwise it's not really a game. He genuinely couldn't understand what the fuck was going on today at 6 years old and neither could I. He was quoting my own words back to myself. He stopped watching the game which was the only rational reaction.

We are going to lose some games this season on the way to not winning a title, that'll come most likely due to fixture congestion as it always does, with the advantage going to the team that has players it barely uses in every position. It's already enough of an uphill struggle. We could use games where we easily dismiss teams like Tottenham, or Newcastle rather than willing our way with heroics and red cards.

When we've lost the title before it's been by a point. You can pretend this won't cost dearly if you'd like. I haven't really doubted the character and mentality of this side. I'd rather not have the reminder and have 1 or 3 points more.

I've been teaching my kid how to play board games and instilling in him the idea that you don't cheat, and that even in cooperative games the rules of the game must be enforced, otherwise it's not really a game. He genuinely couldn't understand what the fuck was going on today at 6 years old and neither could I. He was quoting my own words back to myself. He stopped watching the game which was the only rational reaction.
Its well documented the state of officiating in the UK is one of the poorest in Europe. We are not alone to experience travesty, shithousiery will continue until we get genuine reform. For reform to happen its upto the 20 PL clubs to raise it.
  1. Get in referees from Europe
  2. Independently audit games, and start fining PGMOL for stupid and obvious mistakes
  3. Match officials to hold postmatch Q&As with press
  4. Bad referees should be deselected and good referees will earn bonuses. The Independent Audit decides who sits where.
Now move on to "Accountability" as a lesson. If there aren't proper checks and balance, errors will occur or even worse, abuses, and thats what we have with the PGMOL

Most corrupt game i've seen in a long time, possibly ever.

Done with the game. It'll get more and more ridiculous as the season goes. Just watch.

It's never been a VAR issue. It's always been about idiotic humans.

VAR existed in the first place to improve the standard of refereeing and minimise human errors. But the humans who man the system are more idiotic and error-prone, so what gives ?

What's next ? Replace humans with AI robots ? Dont bet your money against it cos you just know there will be retards who will consider doing it.

FIFA will never bin VAR because they've pocketed lots of money and made a lot of people rich. Klopp's right. If you open your mouth, you'll get fined.

Woke my arse. It's worse than a dictatorship.

So then, when it was a goal kick. It was impossible for him to say there has been a miscommunication. Fucking twats

Yeah, thats just BS. At the Amex the ref blew for full time but then VAR made him check for a penalty.
Gave the penalty to Utd and they scored. So not to go back after a free kick is pure BS.

I’m still fucking angry about that goal. We should get the game replayed.

Even so, it will just take another 5 seconds to comms back to the ref to clarify that hey that was a goal. Again, that's the whole reason VAR is there for right?

They are just pulling excuses out of their ass. Fuck knows what really went down. They had only one job to do.
Doesn't even need that, all it needs is to repeat : VAR check complete, the goal stands / confirm it is offside. Zero miscommunication.

Obviously the very basics of management aren't being done in order to ensure that each team doing var follow the same procedures. I doubt that there even are procedures.

The more alarming thing to me is a pervasive sense that the var rooms are panicking due to the sense of time pressure and the question of "second guessing" others. It came up with that stupid interview the other day, with refs "dreading" that they'd have to do the job, and now we have an account that involves one person freezing, and a second person ignoring that they have frozen.

A decision like the offside one might be consequential and high profile, but it should be, for any professional referee, something they can do in their sleep. If doing it is stressful, they aren't cut out for the job.

This is quite insane;

Liverpool’s minutes played with 10 men:
Klopp’s first 434 matches: 163 mins
Klopp’s last eight matches (to full time today): 158 mins

Sorry mate, but the only way board games are fun is when you cheat.

The cannot stop the game excuse is bullshit.

What should have happened is "Simon blow your whistle for a free kick and come to the monitor"

The sign checking goal possible offside should have been replayed on the screens.

Edit.. apparently it WAS still on the screen when they realised.. and when they told Hooper. So they 100% should have blown the whistle.

It's a poor poor poor excuse.

Remember they awarded a penalty after the fulltime whistle before.

Last edited:
That bullshit excuse they cobbled together last night was the only one that they could put out that doesn't clearly point at an individual making a massive mistake. Took them a few hours but they managed to cover everyone's arse and make it appear a process issue rather than point to someone who should be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom