• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Union St Gallileo (H) - Thurs - 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Nice home game next to blow off some steam. We can assume our suspended players will start! I wonder if Nunez will continue to be rested if he has a knee discomfort.

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Quansah
Tsimikas

Bajcetic
Jones
Gravenberch

Doak
Jota
Elliot

This will walk it in my opinion, giving important minutes to players who should feature in the first XI soon (Konate, Gravenberch)

I’m still fuming about Saturday. No interest in watching football at the moment.
Still fuming from 18 months ago when Rodri wasn't penalised for handball against Everton which would've seen us win the Prem last season.

It is what it is, we're gonna go all teh way and win this competition so I'd rather say I watched every minute of our game en route to doing so.....even hoping to get a ticket in the morning, try for a ticket Rurik.

I see the team being Kelleher Trent Ibou Quansah Kostas Endo Grav Harvey Doak Nunez Jota

Down a midfielder (for 3 matches) and a striker (for 1 match), I can't see Mac or Nunez starting, we can't afford to take those risks.

Down a midfielder (for 3 matches) and a striker (for 1 match), I can't see Mac or Nunez starting, we can't afford to take those risks.

Both due to suspensions......

Risks of injuries are a given in any game, if you're worried Nunez will conveniently pick up an injury the 1 game when we have another player in his position out for 1 game then god help us all.

Gonna start playing random kids all because we're worried injuries might stack up.

Both due to suspensions......

Risks of injuries are a given in any game, if you're worried Nunez will conveniently pick up an injury the 1 game when we have another player in his position out for 1 game then god help us all.

Gonna start playing random kids all because we're worried injuries might stack up.
You've never done any risk assessment or managed a company in real life have you? You've got a short memory, Jota vs Midtjylland ring a bell?

Small game, take no risks. They may get injured next weekend, sod's law,, but no point risking them in a match which we should win easily with our squad/U21s. Have them on the bench for sure, but no way should they be starting.

And Brizzle's team isn't a bunch of random kids.

You've never done any risk assessment or managed a company in real life have you? You've got a short memory, Jota vs Midtjylland ring a bell?

Small game, take no risks. They may get injured next weekend, sod's law,, but no point risking them in a match which we should win easily with our squad/U21s. Have them on the bench for sure, but no way should they be starting.

And Brizzle's team isn't a bunch of random kids.
Yes Jota v Midgetlland is 1 example, but it's also an example of an injury happening to any player at any time.....what about all the injuries we suffer in other games or in training? What risks are taken then? Do we say "ok Thiago today is Friday we don't want to risk you getting injured before match day so today you sit out" course not, it's part of the game unfortunately.

We're already making enough changes bringing in Kelleher Endo Grav Kostas and 3-4 others, it's no biggie if we play 1 or 2 regulars.

Obviously anyone can get injured in training, but training is a necessity. Risking someone for 90 minutes in an easier game than they need to be in is always iffy

Obviously anyone can get injured in training, but training is a necessity. Risking someone for 90 minutes in an easier game than they need to be in is always iffy
I mean sure but firstly no one said anything about risking someone for 90 minutes and secondly someone like Nunez is no more at risk of injury to say a Doak.....it's just that Nunez is a key player so of course if it was a choice then we'd prefer he didn't get injured.

If we're gonna start saying Nunez or Mo or Virgil can't play any Europa league games because we need him on the weekend at Burnley or Forest, to me that's a bit crap. Because if he was available to play against USG, doesn't play and then gets injured the next day or 2 in training....I'm going ape shit.

Yes Jota v Midgetlland is 1 example, but it's also an example of an injury happening to any player at any time.....what about all the injuries we suffer in other games or in training? What risks are taken then? Do we say "ok Thiago today is Friday we don't want to risk you getting injured before match day so today you sit out" course not, it's part of the game unfortunately.

We're already making enough changes bringing in Kelleher Endo Grav Kostas and 3-4 others, it's no biggie if we play 1 or 2 regulars.
It's called (I'm repeating this for your benefit because somehow I feel you didn't get it first time round) : Risk Management. Sigh.

It's called (I'm repeating this for your benefit because somehow I feel you didn't get it first time round) : Risk Management. Sigh.
:D

How about fuck risk management and fuck worrying over what might happen and we watch Nunez bag back to back hattricks? How about that for risk management.

main-qimg-7998f784906174fe5c4eb4ae7f6c1df0

Surely Jota & Curtis play in this if they’re suspended domestically.

Trent & Konate could do with sone time - Kelleher, Endo, Harvey, Doak & Tsimikas are always likely to play.

Kelleher
Trent Konate Quansah Tsimikas
Harvey Endo Curtis
Doak Jota someone else

Only question for me is go we push Harvey or Curtis further up into the forward line & play Badger or Gravy in midfield?

No way we should play Nunez if he’s carrying an injury - despite Binomial having separation anxiety from not seeing him on the pitch every game.

That “someone else” was the signing of the summer if you ask me. And what a bargain basement deal. He’s going to go into great fings.

his xg rating is off the bleedn’ charts. Defenders don’t see ‘im. The kop call him “the invisible 11th man”.

I’m still fuming about Saturday. No interest in watching football at the moment.

Try and get over it, and hope that this is our Pearl Harbor moment, where he Giant Monster has been poked. Fuck me - you saw how solid they looked, they will proper be angry against Brighton and do some serious shit. Well that is what I am hoping anyway.

Surely Jota & Curtis play in this if they’re suspended domestically.

Trent & Konate could do with sone time - Kelleher, Endo, Harvey, Doak & Tsimikas are always likely to play.

Kelleher
Trent Konate Quansah Tsimikas
Harvey Endo Curtis
Doak Jota someone else

Only question for me is go we push Harvey or Curtis further up into the forward line & play Badger or Gravy in midfield?

No way we should play Nunez if he’s carrying an injury - despite Binomial having separation anxiety from not seeing him on the pitch every game.
Nunez injured or not? Not saying he should play. Why did Jones get a 3 match ban, isn't a 1 game ban enough? Gravenberch has to take this chance

Nunez injured or not? Not saying he should play. Why did Jones get a 3 match ban, isn't a 1 game ban enough? Gravenberch has to take this chance
3 match ban is the standard for "highly dangerous play with a probability of resulting in multiple losses of life"

3 match ban is the standard for "highly dangerous play with a probability of resulting in multiple losses of life"
I understand if someone's gone flying in but in his case there was nothing he could do to avert the collision. I remember Jota kicking albeit inadvertently a Spurs player last year, no red card. Or Oliver Skipps challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom