• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_maradona

Very Active
Incredible CV, winning championships in different countries.

Where does he rank amongst the all time greats? Drawbacks are that he has won with clubs who are filthy rich, but to have won in different leagues is still impressive. However, has he won the Champs League? Don't think so, although this could change with Real. What's the criteria?, suggest it is incredible success consistently amongst different countries or with one club.

Think he is great, but amongst modern day club managers, a level below Mourinho, Capello and Ginosak.

ooops! I have banished 2007 from my mind. just checked wiki, he has actually won it twice!

Maybe I am being harsh on him. However, what makes Mourinho and Capello so special is that they won the champs league with two different clubs. Does this count>

Most of the top tier managers have succeeded because they have been at clubs with bare bank.
The most impressive jobs are the likes of Benitez at Valencia and Klopp at Dortmund who have won titles in spite of being at poorer clubs.
Im not massively impressed by managers who win titles at teams that can just outspend any other.

ooops! I have banished 2007 from my mind. just checked wiki, he has actually won it twice!

Maybe I am being harsh on him. However, what makes Mourinho and Capello so special is that they won the champs league with two different clubs. Does this count>

Capello has only won the Champions League with Milan.

Fucking hell, man, you really didn't think this through.

Just edit your first post to:

Ancelotti is a good manager ay?

Capello has only won the Champions League with Milan.
Fucking hell, man, you really didn't think this through.

oh dear oh dear, this is not turning out well...

So Mourinho is the standout - winning the champs league with 2 different clubs (one unfashionable) and winning the top league in 3 different countries.

Most of the top tier managers have succeeded because they have been at clubs with bare bank.
The most impressive jobs are the likes of Benitez at Valencia and Klopp at Dortmund who have won titles in spite of being at poorer clubs.
Im not massively impressed by managers who win titles at teams that can just outspend any other.

Did Rafa change much at Valencia?
Hector Cuper had them right up there and challenging in Europe.

oh dear oh dear, this is not turning out well...

So Mourinho is the standout - winning the champs league with 2 different clubs (one unfashionable) and winning the top league in 3 different countries.

Interestingly he seems to leave his teams in disarray more often than not.

And since the Champions League era, Liverpool had never even got to the semi finals. Rafa comes in and we get into 2 finals in 3 years.

I thought it would open in a different tab but no apologies for fucking up the thread. It was fucked when I found it.

I like his name, sounds kinda sexy and dangerous. He could be the baddie in a Bond movie with that name. Other than that he's let down by having a budgie face so he could be a relative of Hodgson.

'Spose he's not bad at the footy stuff though.

And since the Champions League era, Liverpool had never even got to the semi finals. Rafa comes in and we get into 2 finals in 3 years.

I could show you proof that I went to more games around that time than I had the previous few years. And claim my increased presence must have had something to do with it too. And I've had to reduce the games I go to in the past couple of years, that might be why we're shit. Eat those stats..

You would then quite rightly point out the difference between correlation and causation. And point out the fact that if you follow spending and wage bill patterns you'll see our rise is explained by that. And when the money levelled out we fell away because we bought lots of shit players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom