• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arsenal pre match thread (H) 28 September Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Hendo is out and it’s not looking good for Matip. Gomez is back in training. Thiago is looking like a starter.

7-0 win. They’re shit.

Mark Auba tightly and they will look devoid of options. We did a great job of cutting of Chelsea's supply by keeping Jorginho & Kovacic constantly under pressure and and hopefully we do the same with Xhaka & Ceballos.

I think Fab will play CB again

-----------Alisson--------
TAA--Fabs--VVD--Robbo
-------Thiago--Naby------
-----------Gini-------------
Salah----Bobby----Mane

Gomez's injury can't have been too bad considering he's back in training already, with 4 days to KO. I think he'll start assuming no breakdown.

------------------Alisson--------

TAA----Gomez-------VVD-----Robbo

-----------Thiago ------ Fabs

--------------------Keita

----Salah------Firmino-------Mane

Yeah, I’d go:

Alisson

TAA Gomez Virgil Robbo

Thiago Fabinho Gini

Salah Firmino Mane

We know from previous meetings with Arsenal under Arteta that this will be scrappy, tight and hard fought.
Need some power in midfield but also Thiagos creativity.

Gomez's injury can't have been too bad considering he's back in training already, with 4 days to KO. I think he'll start assuming no breakdown.

------------------Alisson--------

TAA----Gomez-------VVD-----Robbo

-----------Thiago ------ Fabs

--------------------Keita

----Salah------Firmino-------Mane

Thats the team Id play but I suspect Klopp will start Wijnaldum over Keita, without Henderson he will want a bit more consistency and work rate.

I think you’ve got it froggy. Cutting out the ball to aubameyang with Fabinho on him when Trent bombs forward will make them toothless.

Arsenal are quick on the counter and as much as I'd like to start Fabs, I'd rather have Gomez on the pitch for this game.
Arsenal are very wing oriented in attack so, I think our midfield would cope without Fabs too.
Thiago, Gini and Keita in the middle. #Sexymidfield

Last edited:
In recent games they’ve play acted a lot in the middle and tried to force us into a battle. Instead of adapt our game to that we should out ‘arsenal’ them with out suite of ballers - Thiago, Naby & Bobby.

In recent games they’ve play acted a lot in the middle and tried to force us into a battle. Instead of adapt our game to that we should out ‘arsenal’ them with out suite of ballers - Thiago, Naby & Bobby.
And Gini

A bit too early for Thiago to start, I think. Fabs, Keita and Gini in midfield, Gomez should play if fit.

Don't see how Thiago doesn't start, especially if Hendo is ruled out.

I see Gomez being on the bench only. Would honestly start Jones and see what happens.

Alli
Trent Fabs Virg Robbo
Thiago Gini
Jones
Salah Bobby Mane

A bit too early for Thiago to start, I think. Fabs, Keita and Gini in midfield, Gomez should play if fit.

Really don't see how it's too early for him to start. He played in CL Final just over a month ago, has had a fair few training sessions since then and got a full half last Sunday. He'll be good to go imo.

Really don't see how it's too early for him to start. He played in CL Final just over a month ago, has had a fair few training sessions since then and got a full half last Sunday. He'll be good to go imo.
I think the fact Klopp brought him on to replace Hendo when he was injured vs Chelsea tells us all we need to know. And he's had more than a few training sessions since then.

He should be fine fitness-wise, but he will need a bit of time to learn our defensive organization. A bit risky to start learning that against Arsenal. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he starts, but I think more likely he won’t.

He should be fine fitness-wise, but he will need a bit of time to learn our defensive organization. A bit risky to start learning that against Arsenal. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he starts, but I think more likely he won’t.
I think because he is so intelligent, such a student of the game and wanted this particular move so badly* the bedding in period will be almost non existent.

* meaning he's watched us play a lot before and had the month after the final to learn it even better

I think because he is so intelligent, such a student of the game and wanted this particular move so badly* the bedding in period will be almost non existent.

* meaning he's watched us play a lot before and had the month after the final to learn it even better

I agree and I am not saying he will need 6 months to get up to speed - just a few games to work out some movements and defensive responsibilities.

Something that it took someone to ask me for me to realise, have Liverpool ever signed as high a profile player as Thiago before? Just won the CL with Bayern. Won it before with Barca. Won the league in eleven of the twelve seasons he's been playing footy. Nope. Not even close.

Yeah but he still needs time to settle in.

Bossing the entire Chelsea midfield in your first game don’t count.

It's taken alot of Premiership based players a while to get to grips with how we play, so it's not unreasonable to think that despite him being obviously brilliant, there might be some transition. 45 minutes against one side was great, he still has to learn the system, the intensity and the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom