• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Ashes 2013-14

Boycs was ripping into him on the radio the other day for just this kind of thing, and that was even before this latest piece of stupidity.

Well done Australia, thoroughly deserved if classless winners. Well done Ben Stokes for proving Boycott wrong. And fuck off Tony Hill - possibly the worst umpire around at the moment.

Congrats to the Aussies - I could bring up the 3 lost tosses in a row but that would be churlish. England have been dire and deserve to have their noses rubbed in it. @Ryan enjoy it while you can - We'll smash you in Melbourne 😉

Well played Australia. They did what the Mancs did last season - win because the opposition was weak while they themselves were average - but you still have to get the job done and they did that.

I hope the selectors are ruthless and give Ballance a bat. Bin prior for bairstow and drop bresnan. I also hope they drop swann for Monty.

Finn or rankin in as well.

I hope the selectors are ruthless and give Ballance a bat. Bin prior for bairstow and drop bresnan. I also hope they drop swann for Monty.

Finn or rankin in as well.

That's alot of changes Fox! Pietersen deffo needs a kick up the arse, what on earth was he thinking. I thought Clarke was very cute when he was batting, he kept changing the field to Lyons as it was pretty obvious Pietersen was premeditating where he would hit him, and maybe this muddled him a bit. As shots go trying to clear long on whilst in the process of trying to save the game was criminal.

Let Balance have a go against the Sri Lankans in June, when he has a better chance of a successful start to his test career. He is a very good prospect from what I've seen.

Silly fucker Kohli got Pujara run out there. Pujara looked like he was in one of his trademark "i will be the last man out" mode, until that point. A big score was there for taking.

Actually think it was a bit of a missed chance. There is bounce but not that much lateral movement...which explains why Morkel was superb. But 400 is par first innings score on this pitch, and it is looking like a missed opportunity to get past that mark. Pujara's run out and Rohit stupid shot to get out were both needless. Kohli played a good hand. But at 5 down, it just takes one more wicket to get to the tail and i don't see the tail making too many runs against Steyn/Philander and Morkel.

Tahir has been bowling pies all day! delicious pies....

As expected, Indian tail couldn'teven contribute 10 runs to the total.

When it Comes to Zak vs Smith, there usually is only one winner...

defo missed chance for Indians ... If we can get them out for under 325 by Lunch, and bat for 2 days, we'll win.

Whoops not likely now from 130-1 to 145-6 an Englandesque collapse there. Wasn't expecting that as India's seam attack doesn't look all that on paper. Never rated Ishant, once brilliant Zaheer is over the hill and far away and Shami has come right out of the blue.

It was a very very streaky innings from Smith and unusually Amla. Zak should have had Smith very early....130-1 flattered them quite a bit, I thought.

The difference between India and SA will come to light before all now....they won't find it easy to get through SA tail. This has always been India's weakness....the lack of bowlers who could send the tail packing swiftly. We don't have someone to send them inswinging yorkers. One of the main reason why India couldn't hang on to No.1 ranking for longer and why S.A are more deserving No.1.

As Julian has mentioned, the SA tail has been excellent today. Philander is two off a 50 and if he can get going tomorrow with Faf (remember his batting during the series in Australia), we still can swing a win in this test series. It all depends on the next two wickets and how quick they fall as I cannot see Steyn, Morkel or Tahir (wish we had Petersen) getting anything meaningful with the bat.

What about that innings by Pujara!!! Paced so beautifully........saw Steyn and Philander out and them moved from 50 to 100 in 41 balls........he has got it........the stuff that players like Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting etc had....

Graeme Swann retires? In the middle of the series?

I don't know anything about what is going on, but that comes across as a spineless decision...

Yeah, I think it would be wrong to jump to conclusions. Swann isn't normally the type to duck out of a challenge.

Very, very strange. A sad, and rather pathetic, end to a career ..... on first impressions. I'm hoping some justification comes out, though I don't know what it could be.

Yeah he said wanting to give opportunity to youngsters as the reason.

But i'm not buying it. The only other spinner in the squad is Panesar - who is no spring chicken.

Anyway, he was not going to stunt anyone's growth by playing two more Tests....

Geoff Boycott has just been on the radio sticking up for Swann. He thinks that if Swann felt he was no longer up to playing test cricket, it was the right decision to make way for someone else.

Swann has had a number of operations this year and he says he was feeling that he was not capable of bowling at his traditional best. I suppose it is in everybody's interests for him to pack it in before any more damage is done.

S.A are going for the win against India...

80 odd runs required from 18 overs.

Indian bowling in the last innings has let the down, but it has been an amazing inning from Faf du Plesis. It needs to be said.

S.A are going for the win against India...

80 odd runs required from 18 overs.

Indian bowling in the last innings has let the down, but it has been an amazing inning from Faf du Plesis. It needs to be said.

Faf is Mr. last inning ...

AB's century has been excellent too.

6 down....by the looks of it, this is going to be a grand stand finish....

I have got no more nails in my hand already....

AB throws away his wicket ... and Duminy out for 5!

407/6 with Philander up ...

11 overs to go, 50 runs needed to win ... it comes down to this partnership!

Back
Top Bottom