• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Championship Play Off Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
If you love football it’s a great scrap at the moment for play off spots.

Currently promoted,

Burnley (Champions)
Sheffield United (2nd).

Of the spots from 3-6th that go into a playoff to win the last spot two are already decided with two games to go.

Luton (guaranteed 3rd)
Middlesbrough (guaranteed 4th)

The last two spots are being contested by 8 teams with 2 games to go. Superb drama and entertainment.

Personally I love to see clubs that haven’t been up in a while/ever get promoted so I’d love to see Luton come up.
P GD Pts
5 Coventry 44 10 66
6 Sunderland 44 10 65
7 Millwall 44 7 65
8 Blackburn Rovers 44 -3 65
9 West Bromwich Albion 44 6 63
10 Preston North End 44 -8 63
11 Norwich City 44 5 62
12 Swansea City 44 3 62

I’m a fan of new teams coming up. Burnley and Sheffield United are urgh sides to come up. Luton would be good to come up as would PNE. I wouldn’t mind Coventry either as it’s been ages since they were up. The rest can do one.

I’m a fan of new teams coming up. Burnley and Sheffield United are urgh sides to come up. Luton would be good to come up as would PNE. I wouldn’t mind Coventry either as it’s been ages since they were up. The rest can do one.
I still have nightmares of listening to Radio 5 live in 97 saying there was a late goal at Anfield when we were drawing 1-1 and Dion Dublin fucking nicked a win for them essentially ending our interest in the season.

And don’t get me started on Peter Nudlov’s Anfield Hat trick in the 90’s!!

Fuck Coventry.

I’m torn on Millwall. Their fans are a bunch of nutters, but it‘ll be handy for me just down the road to take my boys to the odd game.

Being an old-timer, I have a bit of a soft spot for the traditional teams, so in that sense I'd like to see Preston, Blackburn or Sunderland come up. Luton bring back too many memories of plastic pitches and rabid Tory chairmen for me. Was it them who didn't turn up for a cup match at Anfield? If so, you can add Steve Foster and his hairband to that list.

Norwich please. We need the 6 points.

16070228267562.jpg

I would like to see Coventry earn promotion to the Premier League because of the amazing work Mark Robins has done.
  • Longest serving manager in the Championship
  • 5th longest serving manager in the country
  • 3rd longest serving manager in the EFL
  • Won promotion twice with Coventry (from League Two via play-offs and from League One as Champions)
  • Oversaw improvement on Coventry's league position in every campaign since 17/18
Untitled.jpg

Wouldnt mind Sunderland getting promoted. They play decent football, big stadium and a mad fanbase.

Like to see Cov get in there. My old Uni team, done amazing to get back in the Championship and do so well.

I still have nightmares of listening to Radio 5 live in 97 saying there was a late goal at Anfield when we were drawing 1-1 and Dion Dublin fucking nicked a win for them essentially ending our interest in the season.

And don’t get me started on Peter Nudlov’s Anfield Hat trick in the 90’s!!

Fuck Coventry.

1 Add the fact they gave us Phill Babb
2 Focus on our match threads - stop spreading yourself

I would like to see Coventry earn promotion to the Premier League because of the amazing work Mark Robins has done.
  • Won promotion twice with Coventry (from League Two via play-offs and from League One as Champions)
  • Oversaw improvement on Coventry's league position in every campaign since 17/18
View attachment 2620
Yeah, I'd like Coventry to come up. They've seen some really dark times since their relegation, playing as nomads without a home ground. I have a mate who is a Coventry supporter and I'd be made up for them.

Luton because my Mum & Grandparents are from there so I've always had a soft spot. I think Middlesbro might do it though. They lost at Luton this week (2-1) but by all accounts dominated the first 30 mins before it became more even and Luton won it with a very disputed penalty.

Boro for me, I was unfortunate enough to live there for a year in the 90s but I used to go to Ayresome Park for some form of entertainment.

Are people a fan of Sheffield Utd coming up or happy about it? Considering they are run by an Arab led consortium......

Are people a fan of Sheffield Utd coming up or happy about it? Considering they are run by an Arab led consortium......

They're owned by a Saudi, but I'm pretty certain not by a consortium. They don't seem to have much money as they've only just had a transfer embargo lifted, partly imposed because they didn't pay us part of the fee for Brewster. The owner seems to want to sell, but also seems to have trouble attracting a buyer. Considering the problems they've faced, I think they've done brilliantly to get up.

Blackburn 1-1 Luton. Blackburn winless in 8 league games, drawing 5 times. Last league match, away to 5th place Millwall.

untitled-jpg.2620

At least 1 result to be happy about. Luton vs. Coventry in the Playoff Final

Oooooh.

Very nice.

I do like a good rags to riches story. Coventry would be sound. Luton even better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom