• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kai Havertz asks to leave Bayer Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
[article]According to Bild on Wednesday, Kai Havertz has asked to leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer.[/article]

Chelsea are willing to pay 100 million in installments ...

Their team is stacked already with attacking talents ... If they sign him too, it's just taking the piss.

Depends on the instalments obviously, but I would guess it would be a fair amount up front. I can't see us competing for him, sadly.

What worried me about our game at City (don't worry it's Havertz related) was when I saw that they started with 2 holding midfielders (Gundogan & Rodri). I said to my brother that I hoped we didn't "fall for this" as it was obvious that Guardiola is learning how to play against us. Instead of City bombing forward they played on the back foot (a bit like we do to great effect in Europe) and tried to hit us on the break. Unfortunately we didn't read their intent and we duly attacked them and played right into their hands. They only had 4 attacking players on the pitch (Foden, Jesus, DeBruyne and Sterling) which is very rare. However 4 was enough especially when you have DeBruyne pulling the strings.

Teams have cottoned on to us and play deep. Fortunately our front 3 are usually good enough to undo these tactics.

But recently, against the better teams (City, Napoli, Atletico) our front 3 have largely been nullified.

Our midfield is very good and Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Ox, Gini etc are all very good players BUT we don't have a midfielder who can beat a player for pace/skill like a Coutinho, Havertz, etc or can unlock a defence with one pass like DeBruyne.

I am sure Klopp was hoping that Keita would be that player but as yet he hasn't shown he's up to the task consistently. The difference Havertz would make would IMO take this squad to the next level. The option to go to the toughest away venues and play Havertz behind Salah, Mane and Firmino whilst leaving the other 6 players sitting deep is most appealing.

Also, at 21 FSG would hopefully look at his signing as an investment i.e. his value will continue to rise for at least the next 4 or 5 years.

I know it's very unlikely that we are gonna spend big but IMO we need someone like him next season if we are to win major trophies.

If he's available, there'll be a queue for him. A queue that we're not in as we have less money than even Italian teams even though we're reigning European and league champions, play in the most lucrative league in the world, and have spent fuck all for 2yrs.

Nice to see Fwank concentrating on Chelski's own youth set up, as promised.

Yeah he's got Mount, Odoi, Abraham and probably a few others who I'm forgetting about who will slip down the pecking order now with these signings. Bit of a strange one.

Chelsea are really buying themselves back to the top. Werner, Ziyech and now Havertz?
William has to go, despite him being brilliant right now. Chelsea really need to find that Terry replacement. And possibly a left back.
But I don't see them challenging next year. They'll have a young inexperienced team that need time to gel. It's not like Man U.

Last edited:
It's not a strange one for me.

Havertz is a world class prospect. I don't see why any manager wouldn't want Werner and Havertz in their squad.

Lampard only had that brief because of a transfer ban, which got reduced by twelve months. He's absolutely right to go after them.

Klopp would be also if we weren't owned by mingebags.

It's not a strange one for me.

Havertz is a world class prospect. I don't see why any manager wouldn't want Werner and Havertz in their squad.

Lampard only had that brief because of a transfer ban, which got reduced by twelve months. He's absolutely right to go after them.

Klopp would be also if we weren't owned by mingebags.

In that sense, no its not strange. But I just thought they'd be more willing to fix their glaring issues at the back. Up top, they're in decent shape.

Lampard only had that brief because of a transfer ban, which got reduced by twelve months.

No, he only got that CHANCE because of the transfer ban. He sold himself as the ex-player who was committed to using the home-grown talents rather than relying on hugely expensive signings. That's why he (and his ex-youth coach buddy) was so celebrated by fans as the man to finally recognise the young talents that the club already had. The idea he was merely another Maureen type biding his time before normal service could be resumed is rewriting history.

What worried me about our game at City (don't worry it's Havertz related) was when I saw that they started with 2 holding midfielders (Gundogan & Rodri). I said to my brother that I hoped we didn't "fall for this" as it was obvious that Guardiola is learning how to play against us. Instead of City bombing forward they played on the back foot (a bit like we do to great effect in Europe) and tried to hit us on the break. Unfortunately we didn't read their intent and we duly attacked them and played right into their hands. They only had 4 attacking players on the pitch (Foden, Jesus, DeBruyne and Sterling) which is very rare. However 4 was enough especially when you have DeBruyne pulling the strings.

Teams have cottoned on to us and play deep. Fortunately our front 3 are usually good enough to undo these tactics.

But recently, against the better teams (City, Napoli, Atletico) our front 3 have largely been nullified.

Our midfield is very good and Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Ox, Gini etc are all very good players BUT we don't have a midfielder who can beat a player for pace/skill like a Coutinho, Havertz, etc or can unlock a defence with one pass like DeBruyne.

I am sure Klopp was hoping that Keita would be that player but as yet he hasn't shown he's up to the task consistently. The difference Havertz would make would IMO take this squad to the next level. The option to go to the toughest away venues and play Havertz behind Salah, Mane and Firmino whilst leaving the other 6 players sitting deep is most appealing.

Also, at 21 FSG would hopefully look at his signing as an investment i.e. his value will continue to rise for at least the next 4 or 5 years.

I know it's very unlikely that we are gonna spend big but IMO we need someone like him next season if we are to win major trophies.

When they sat back, and we had a clear opportunity to take the lead early on, would you be saying Guardiola was learning how to play against us? We did twat them only the last time we played them in the league. Against them it can go either way, and that’s been the case for the last few seasons. Guardiola tinkers like hell when he plays us so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he takes a different approach the next time we play them.
And I don’t think teams are suddenly playing deep against us either. Most teams we’ve played over the last couple of years have played deep. Our attackers have been immense in breaking them down.

Last edited:
If you stand still you are going backwards, we got away with it this year because City are going backwards faster than we are. Utd and Chelsea are building very good squads and significantly younger than ours.

I wanted one player this year, Havertz. I firmly believe hes exactly the player we need to bring in for the team to evolve.

If chelsea replace hazard (like we did with the countinho the rat money) with Ziyech, Pullisic, Werner and Havertz - that's taking the piss, they'll be in a million times better shape.

They could buy Messi, Ronaldo, and Lewandovski but they'll still concede goals.

Remember how our front 3 plus Coutinho were awesome but we still used to concede stupid goals? That's Chelsea in a nutshell right now.

They can spend as much money on attacking all they like but until they sort out their keeper and defence they won't be winning anything. It's Kevin Keegan's Newcastle all over again

Remember how our front 3 plus Coutinho were awesome but we still used to concede stupid goals? That's Chelsea in a nutshell right now.

They can spend as much money on attacking all they like but until they sort out their keeper and defence they won't be winning anything. It's Kevin Keegan's Newcastle all over again

Mate, please stop posting thing ... eventually it will filter back to Lampard and you'll be to blame for them buying a top notch DM to replace Kante, a proper CB to partner Rudiger and a proper keeper to replace De Gea

Remember, all these players joining Chelsea will be new to the league. There's is no guarantee that they'll be successful. They won't have a long enough pre season to gel so I don't think they'll be strong enough to mount a challenge next season but if they sign a top class defender, they'll be challenging the season after next.

Last edited:
Mate, please stop posting thing ... eventually it will filter back to Lampard and you'll be to blame for them buying a top notch DM to replace Kante, a proper CB to partner Rudiger and a proper keeper to replace De Gea
De Gea?

Chelsea are a much more well drilled side though, in general.

Chelsea are a much more well drilled side though, in general.
That was under Mourinho. I agree that Lampard, if he gets all those players, will have enormous firepower at his disposal. But he will still need [significantly] better defenders and goalkeeper. Just think back to Liverpool as others have pointed out-- van Dijk and Becker have been the key difference from the previous seasons.

If chelsea replace hazard (like we did with the countinho the rat money) with Ziyech, Pullisic, Werner and Havertz - that's taking the piss, they'll be in a million times better shape.
Hoping Kante pushes for a move away...

Yeah he's got Mount, Odoi, Abraham and probably a few others who I'm forgetting about who will slip down the pecking order now with these signings. Bit of a strange one.

To be fair, Abraham and Odoi have been really shit in recent games. Can't blame the manager for looking elsewhere. Mount is doing pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom