• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konate as a leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Excerpts from Ibu Konate’s interview with French outlet RMC Sport:
[article]On wanting to become a leader: “Of course. I was also lucky to be with James Milner, who is leaving us this season. He was really the leader, the big boss. I've never seen that in my life, it was incredible! I learned a lot from him. In England, I would like to have this leading side, but there is the language barrier... Sometimes I want to say sentences but my English is not perfect enough to get out certain sentences at the right time. I still master the language a little so I can talk to my teammates. But having this leading side in the dressing room where you gather the whole group by saying strong words is the next goal I would like to achieve next season.”

On new signings:
"I think we have four players leaving this season, Ox, Keita, Milner and Firmino. We are obliged to replace them. If we don't replace them, how do we do it? We are understaffed and we lack quality? We can't play with young people at this level."

On his relationship with Khephren Thuram:
"Khéphren is like my little brother, he's someone I saw grow up, I would do anything to make him a top player. If Khéphren has the opportunity to come to a club like Liverpool, I think he will be surprised by the enthusiasm that will come behind him. It's up to him to work. He is still very young but he has an incredible margin for progress so I have confidence. I would be very happy if he came to Liverpool, I would take him under my wing and I would do everything to make him progress and become the player he wants to become.”[/article]
I think we’ve got ourselves a gem of a player - he has everything mentally and physically to be Virgil’s heir. Just stay fit! And in terms of squad planning it makes perfect sense to surround him with players he knows well and who are of the same ilk - warmhearted and positive, but also ambitious, humble and super talented. Viva la French Revolution!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom