• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Dutch masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
We have 3 very special players in Virgil, Gakpo and Gravenberch - soon the Dutch national team will feel more “Liverpool” than any other national side as this trio will form the basis of this team for years to come.

But not while Koeman is in charge, probably - this man sure can hold a grudge!

Koeman reminds me of getting old, and how easy it is to become a curmudgeon by "being right" too often

Frankly I thought he'd passed his sell-by date and was surprised when Holland gave him the gig. Maybe they were scratching around trying to find someone who would actually want the job. Trying to persuade the Dutch squad to get along and pull together must be a bit like trying to herd cats.

Reactions: jan
Speaking about dealing with national team managers:

[article]
Klopp: “I love absolutely everything about Ibou, but the problem is Ibou had injury problems from time to time and Mr Deschamps played him 90 and 87 minutes in the two games (for France).” “So we used the time now to give him a little rest. He could have played (against Toulouse) of course, but he has to play on Sunday again.” Klopp emphasized the importance of proper player management and urged Konaté to convey his message to Deschamps. He said: “That’s why I spoke to Ibou and told him ‘tell Mr Deschamps that’s how you rest a player’. Not three minutes, no, a full 90.”
[/article]

Frankly I thought he'd passed his sell-by date and was surprised when Holland gave him the gig. Maybe they were scratching around trying to find someone who would actually want the job. Trying to persuade the Dutch squad to get along and pull together must be a bit like trying to herd cats.

He's not helping by being so fecking strident. If he should know anything these days, it's that the current generation of european players are a bit more worldly, some even more educated, more sensitive, less hard, and I mean he brought his girlfriend to his first day on the job. He had just signed. Give him a warning and let it go Koeman

What is it with Dutch international managers and their Surinam origin players historically?
Koeman will come begging if he carries on progressing with LFC, they have’t got anyone like him at the moment.

Gravenbench could do with extra time at LFC over the int duty period. More beneficial then Koeman’s hoofing anyway…

Grav opted out when he was still living in a hotel and getting settled into a new city. If Koeman wants to hold that against him then I have little doubt it will cost him at some point.

Koeman got cursed by Everton. You can tell Ancelloti is possibly their one single exception

Grav opted out when he was still living in a hotel and getting settled into a new city. If Koeman wants to hold that against him then I have little doubt it will cost him at some point.
Aye well Koeman won't be there beyond summer 2024 anyway. The Dutch are shite despite having many good players because Koeman is negative and just a moody bastard in general. They should be playing good football but it's very Everton level attritional. Whoever hired him at Barca should have been fired within a week

Still early days but I would imagine Virgil putting in a word if Gravenberg does lit up the premiership. Holland are not exactly blessed with talents these days anyway. Just look at the state of their midfield/frontline against Greece.

Didn’t Koeman quit the international job before a tournament for the Barca job a while ago?
Bit of a hypocrit.

Koeman's successor will have Gravyboat back in the fold sharpish. I doubt the lad gives a flying one meanwhile. LFC certainly won't.

Wow I know we were crying out for a DM in the summer, but I didn't think we were that desperate

Last edited:
He was a master of getting away with the kind of challenges that would get other players sent off. Needs to be recruited as Andre’s personal fouling coach when he signs.

I know - sounds like school, he got 100 lines and 3 weeks of detention for getting caught smoking behind the bike sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom