• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (A) - 1 April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Joke of a kick off time. 12:30.

The big dog is back. Any cunt mentioning 7-0s or dead rubbers will anger the jinx gods. Punishment is being fed to great whites.

Diaz back in training. Love the scrawny fella. He won’t start. Donkey fit. Ali and Trent rested. Robbo should have bollocks the size of a vat of Irnbru after his few outings.

Ali

Trent
Big Ib
Van dijk
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Elliott

Salah
Gakpo
Donkey

Diaz to play the last 10.

If they are without Haaland then that’s a bonus. I have a feeling we can hurt them every time we attack with pace.

I got a feeling. 2-4 to the red men. Let’s break the lunch time curse.

Woof woof owooooooooo

I respect you flying in the face of a lunch time curse. It's a bold way to salvage a reputation in tatters, or have a reasonable excuse for the inevitable.

Damn wish i'd thought of it

But yeah. Who fucking knows. We turn up when we want to, not when we should. This game has all the hallmarks of a premier league classic

The only downside is no matter the result, we make city fans or arsenal fans happy.

Fucking hate it here

I think its a good omen, but I hope to be 18-30 meters under the Atlantic for most of this match. Pretty sure last time that happened we beat Bournemouth 9-0.

No bats down there though

Early kickoff after an international break against one of the best teams in the world?

cp3o-star-wars.gif

I have a vision. It’s of a forum full of Liverpool fans looking forward to league football after 2 weeks of international dog shite. They tune in to watch their team play the first PL fixture of the weekend with a hint expectation and excitement despite it being against City.

They then lose the will to live or ever watch football again by 13:30

We’re getting absolutely wrecked here lets be honest.

Rodri KDB Gundogan v Fab Hendo and Harvey? I’m too young too healthy to start having panic attacks and seizures.

[article]
Over four seasons, there was a single Premier League point between them. This season there are 19 points between Manchester City and Liverpool. City still don’t have things their own way: Erling Haaland’s presence remains a double-edged sword. Without Haaland’s goals, Arsenal would be on a title victory lap while with the Norwegian – an injury doubt for Saturday’s match – City have never quite hit the fluency shown when they were duking it out with Liverpool over those years. By contrast Jürgen Klopp’s problems run rather deeper than implanting a guaranteed goal-machine. Virgil van Dijk was criticised this week by the Dutch legends Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten for his leadership style. And even though Stefan Bajcetic is only 18, losing him for the season was a blow. Liverpool, though, retain significant danger, as Manchester United found out, and as Guardiola recognised after losing 1-0 at Anfield in October to a Mo Salah strike. John Brewin

[/article]

It's time for us to turn the tide here as DSE mentioned. We are crap after a break and we are crap in an early kick off.

However - Foden out & Haaland a risk would be huge.
Rodri got torn a new one by McTominay in the week so Robbo should remind our players of that.

I can't wait to see Diaz come on towards the end. What a player, he's been missed.

Bobby loves playing City too, part of me would consider starting him given he's also going to be fresh. I also think Darwin might be rested given he missed the break

-------------Ali--------------
Trent--Ibu--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabs-------------
------Elliot------Hendo----
Salah-----Jota-----Gakpo

I don't know if I want to see Jota. He's so criminally out of form and this is a huge game, to start a period of huge games. The domino effect of a bad result would be catastrophic

More importantly, I don't want to see Gakpo on the left, ever

I think he's more than capable based on recent form (initially he looked awful), but a traditional 9 with gakpo the creative force on the left could work. I'm also not opposed to darwin and gakpo swapping position on occasion to disrupt the city midfield/defence

If anything fans should be coming out saying "I don't want to see Nunez ever playing on the left", sure he's capable but the guy is going to become 1 of the best forwards in the world.

We're far more effective Gakpo coming in off the left and Nunez down the middle.

With Diaz now back we'll likely see Nunez playing through the middle again.

--------------------Ali------------------
--Trent---Konate---VVD---Robbo---
-----------------Fabinho----------------
-------Elliott-------------Henderson
-----------------Gakpo------------------
----Salah-----------------------Nunez---

We need 6 points minimum against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. It's set in stone that the Chelsea match will be a dreary 1-1 draw, so delivering against City and Arsenal is a must. Historically we have always faired better against these sides, but we'll need Henderson and Fabinho to turn up consistently over an intense period, which is a bit like hoping your COPD riddled Nan can trek climb Kilimanjaro. The odds are really not in our favour.

--------------------Ali------------------
--Trent---Konate---VVD---Robbo---
-----------------Fabinho----------------
-------Elliott-------------Henderson
-----------------Gakpo------------------
----Salah-----------------------Nunez---

We need 6 points minimum against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. It's set in stone that the Chelsea match will be a dreary 1-1 draw, so delivering against City and Arsenal is a must. Historically we have always faired better against these sides, but we'll need Henderson and Fabinho to turn up consistently over an intense period, which is a bit like hoping your COPD riddled Nan can trek climb Kilimanjaro. The odds are really not in our favour.

In Chelseas defence, our recent games against them have been end to end, brilliant games.....just ended in draws. Hopefully that left with Tuchel and we can get one over on potter

It's time for us to turn the tide here as DSE mentioned. We are crap after a break and we are crap in an early kick off.

However - Foden out & Haaland a risk would be huge.
Rodri got torn a new one by McTominay in the week so Robbo should remind our players of that.

I can't wait to see Diaz come on towards the end. What a player, he's been missed.

Bobby loves playing City too, part of me would consider starting him given he's also going to be fresh. I also think Darwin might be rested given he missed the break

-------------Ali--------------
Trent--Ibu--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabs-------------
------Elliot------Hendo----
Salah-----Jota-----Gakpo

I mentioned turning the tide? I distinctly recall saying we're doomed!

Rodri was outfought against Scotland for Spain. Its not impossible to boss that City midfield.

Pep very coy about Haaland but I still dont think he plays. Will be interesting to see if he’s back in training today.

Diaz should start and play till he's knackered instead of coming on at the end. Give him half an hour and then bring salah on for him. Play with their fucking heads.

There's no way that Diaz is sharp at all, he hasn't played an actual game in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom