• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was last round of the league in Norway last night. It was really intens because the 6 lowest teams could all go down (2 directly relegated and 1 play qualifier against a team from the division under.)

FA in Norway is like a small brother to the FA by not even try to hide their incomeptence. They are just a bunch of real arses with some power to fuck up the supporters life it seems.

The first night of December (never has the Norwegian league dragged out this late) they manage to give Tromso (just south of the North pole) a home game. Tromso is one of the 6 teams that can go down. They shuffled all the snow from the pitch before kick off, but halfway through first half they had to engage the tractors again. Which meant that this game would be disrupted for about 13-15 minutes. The FA then decided that all the other games should be delayed kick off for second half to avoid any club havingan advantage of playing at a different time than any other. However some of the games still started second half to when they were supposed to, others waited 10 minutes and the Tromsø game started later than any else. At half time 5 of the 6 bottom teams had 30 points while the bottom team had 28. It was a mess. Fuck the FA.

I watched some of the game between Leicester and Everton and can now say that I'm pretty confident that Leicester won't be able to keep up the pace set by us.
They looked pretty vulnerable at times and a decent side could definitely beat them.

I watched some of the game between Leicester and Everton and can now say that I'm pretty confident that Leicester won't be able to keep up the pace set by us.
They looked pretty vulnerable at times and a decent side could definitely beat them.
As opposed to how we brushed aside palace and brighton with no concerns?

As opposed to how we brushed aside palace and brighton with no concerns?
Yeah well teams open themselves up more when playing Leicester. With us it's park 8 busses Infront of goal.

Which is reflected in their superior goal difference ?

My point being Rodgers is an experienced operator with a team containing some league winners , youth and talent.

I'd not rule out Leicester pushing as hard if not harder than city purely based off the reasons you mentioned, teams don't treat them similarly to how city and ourselves are dealt with

Which is reflected in their superior goal difference ?

My point being Rodgers is an experienced operator with a team containing some league winners , youth and talent.

I'd not rule out Leicester pushing as hard if not harder than city purely based off the reasons you mentioned, teams don't treat them similarly to how city and ourselves are dealt with

Leicester have nobody near the level of Suarez. They will not be anywhere near us by the end of the season

That must be the weirdest prerequisit for fighting for top spots in PL ever?

Linking Leicester’s challenge to Rodgers previous experience with our team in 13/14 makes its very relevant. There is no chance they go in the kind of run needed to beat us. Ie 95+ points

It was last round of the league in Norway last night. It was really intens because the 6 lowest teams could all go down (2 directly relegated and 1 play qualifier against a team from the division under.)

FA in Norway is like a small brother to the FA by not even try to hide their incomeptence. They are just a bunch of real arses with some power to fuck up the supporters life it seems.

The first night of December (never has the Norwegian league dragged out this late) they manage to give Tromso (just south of the North pole) a home game. Tromso is one of the 6 teams that can go down. They shuffled all the snow from the pitch before kick off, but halfway through first half they had to engage the tractors again. Which meant that this game would be disrupted for about 13-15 minutes. The FA then decided that all the other games should be delayed kick off for second half to avoid any club havingan advantage of playing at a different time than any other. However some of the games still started second half to when they were supposed to, others waited 10 minutes and the Tromsø game started later than any else. At half time 5 of the 6 bottom teams had 30 points while the bottom team had 28. It was a mess. Fuck the FA.
You lost me on round of League in Norway..
:,-)

Linking Leicester’s challenge to Rodgers previous experience with our team in 13/14 makes its very relevant. There is no chance they go in the kind of run needed to beat us. Ie 95+ points
Where did i liken the two?

Rodgers over several seasons since leaving us has proven to be a good manager. Fact

Leicester are playing some good football under Rodgers. Fact

They are our closest rival and currently have a superior goal difference. Fact

You're a mong. Fact

Leicester have nobody near the level of Suarez. They will not be anywhere near us by the end of the season

Hmm, maybe not, but they've got Jamie Vardy, who gets about 20 league goals a season, and has 13 already.

Plus a quality midfield and a tight defence. It's a good side, no doubt about it. And while it is VERY unlikely that they'll win the title, it was VERY unlikely the last time they did it too.

Exactly the point made by the more cerebral posters on the Leicester fan forum. It's all very well saying "it's only 8 points" but of more relevance is what will be required to overhaul us. Either an unprecedented Liverpool meltdown or Leicester going on an unprecedented ⅔ of a season run. Neither is really feasible.

Hmm, maybe not, but they've got Jamie Vardy, who gets about 20 league goals a season, and has 13 already.

Plus a quality midfield and a tight defence. It's a good side, no doubt about it. And while it is VERY unlikely that they'll win the title, it was VERY unlikely the last time they did it too.
And how many points did they win it with? 81 wasn't it? When not one of the established top 6 were able to mount a challenge, being in various stages of restructuring. To win it this season they would be stepping far into unprecedented territory (for them).

City are still easily the only team that could stage the kind of sustained challenge required. That said, I'm more worried of injuries detailing our season than of any other club sustaining the kind of run required to overhaul a fit Liverpool team.

Where did i liken the two?

Rodgers over several seasons since leaving us has proven to be a good manager. Fact

Leicester are playing some good football under Rodgers. Fact

They are our closest rival and currently have a superior goal difference. Fact

You're a mong. Fact

He’s won a team league where every other manager who’s managers there since Rangers folded also won.

Leicester are indeed playing good football but there is no chance they’ll go the distance or even come second.

As for you last point well that’s your opinion fair enough.

I guess we’ll see at the end the season whether thinking Leicester were a threat was foolish or not.

It was very unlikely but they did it with 81 points last time and they’ll need 15 more than that this time.

I’ll be hoping they beat Man City that’s for sure.

He’s won a team league where every other manager who’s managers there since Rangers folded also won.

Leicester are indeed playing good football but there is no chance they’ll go the distance or even come second.

As for you last point well that’s your opinion fair enough.

I guess we’ll see at the end the season whether thinking Leicester were a threat was foolish or not.
Ofcourse we will, were not timetravellers so lets deal with the here and now, they are a credible threat as of right now and writing them off based off nothing but your opinion being projected as fact probably isnt the best course of actionas is suggesting the team in second place on merit ,14 matches into the season having 'zero chance' of finishing in second place.

Will you still think that, if your prediction of a utd win against city comes through next weekend and leicester open a 6pt gap on city? Will they still have 'no chance'?

Exactly the point made by the more cerebral posters on the Leicester fan forum. It's all very well saying "it's only 8 points" but of more relevance is what will be required to overhaul us. Either an unprecedented Liverpool meltdown or Leicester going on an unprecedented ⅔ of a season run. Neither is really feasible.
Unprecedented? Where were you last Season?!?

The fuck are you and dreamy smoking?

Calling last season a meltdown is hardly accurate. There was a dip in results and performances but the pace set was outstanding. We won something like 9 of our last 10.

Ofcourse we will, were not timetravellers so lets deal with the here and now, they are a credible threat as of right now and writing them off based off nothing but your opinion being projected as fact probably isnt the best course of actionas is suggesting the team in second place on merit ,14 matches into the season having 'zero chance' of finishing in second place.

Will you still think that, if your prediction of a utd win against city comes through next weekend and leicester open a 6pt gap on city? Will they still have 'no chance'?

It’s an opinion based on evidence. City have serious pedigree when it comes to racking up points. Regardless of how poorly they have started I don’t see them going from 100 pts to 98 pts to <85 which is the absolute ceiling for any other team
based on recent history.
Leicester have absolutely no track record of going on the types of runs ourselves or Man City have.

Winning a title with 81 pts when everyone else was shite just doesn’t stack up. To challenge or stay second they’ll have to beat top teams. They’ve lost to us and Utd already. They will do amazingly well to even get top 4 nevermind top 2 or 1st

It’s an opinion based on evidence. City have serious pedigree when it comes to racking up points. Regardless of how poorly they have started I don’t see them going from 100 pts to 98 pts to <85 which is the absolute ceiling for any other team
based on recent history.
Leicester have absolutely no track record of going on the types of runs ourselves or Man City have.

Winning a title with 81 pts when everyone else was shite just doesn’t stack up. To challenge or stay second they’ll have to beat top teams. They’ve lost to us and Utd already. They will do amazingly well to even get top 4 nevermind top 2 or 1st

The only natural thing is that City drop their point tally. Their two last seasons have been unaturall high, and repeating that kind of success is extremelly difficult no matter how big financial advantage you have. The squad gets a little tired/weared out, and they drop more points. Of course they are capable of going on a winning streak, but they look more vulnerable this season than any other. CL is starting to become an increased priority and when that move to players head they will drop even more points.

Eh? Have you just described our season last year as a "meltdown"?
Well apparently a team overcoming an 8 PT gap around Christmas time is only possible via 'unprecedented Liverpool meltdown' I can't be the only person here that remembers the lead we had over man city last season.

So erm, eh - are you describing the notion of dropping an 8 point lead at Christmas time unprecedented and not a meltdown , given we did exactly that and then some last season ?

Leicester have one game a week, and a manager experienced with winning a league, and experienced with getting v.close to winning the EPL.

To write them off is silly.

Having said all that, I am still looking at City as the main threats and hope they lose again soon, so we can write them off as title contenders. They are the one team that can genuinely get a bit of momentum (if we give them any sniff of getting back into it) and reel off 20-25 wins straight. So the sooner they lose belief, the better for us.

In an ideal world, we win our next 3, go off to WCC, come back and beat Leicester, who will have beaten/drawn with City the week before.

The obsession with some magical final points tally is so dumb.

You don't know that Leicester need to get 95 points to win, just because both City and ourselves did last season.

There are plausible scenarios where Leicester win, and almost all of them would include us not reaching that total. Most people who are worried about us not winning the title presumably think that we will start to drop more points. I feel dumb even writing that.

It wouldn't even require a melt down. We are a third of the way into the season. We could drop a couple points, which would be fucking normal, and the whole narrative would change.

Just a few games into the season every dumb cunt was talking about a two horse race.

based on recent history.

Well,...nearly everyone else is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom