• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

The January transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Rodgers said at the start of the season that we wanted to be close to the top 4 come January.
Well, we're 1 point short and have played every top team away bar Utd.
We actually only play 3 games away to the top 13 in the league in the next 19 games.
Which means we have a great chance of getting Champions League football.

But, for that to happen we desperatly need to add some quality players. We also need the signings to be spot on. We're usually quite good in the January transfer window.

I'd go for;

Salah - attacking midfielder/winger
M'Vila - central midfielder
Montoya - full back

What do you think we need? And who should we try to sign?

I don't think standout players who are established in their club teams are going to risk a move just prior to the World Cup, so I'd like us to look into loan deals for players on the fringes of Brazil 2014 determined to lay claim for places in their final national squads.

Lavezzi and Menez are keen to go on loan. I'd add Shaqiri, but I don't know if he adds to the subtle interchanges among Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling. Arbeloa would add some stability from either side of the defence.

I'd accumulate the funds to tie up deals for players just before the World Cup, who look like they'll make their mark. For the positions mentioned, Konoplyanka, Yarmolenko and Gonalons (whom you championed for some time now) look exciting prospects. Matic is not going to the world cup and he's financially out of our grasp, as is Matuidi, but these two would bring some strength into our midfield.

@barcastuff: Barcelona winger Cristian Tello (22) is close to joining English club Liverpool on loan until the end of the season. [radio marca]

Is that a reliable source? Tello has been linked every window for years.

I do think we will be going all out to boost the squad whether its loans or signings, the owners are not stupid (anymore) and obviously know we have a great chance and that this is the time to grasp the opportunity, wouldn't be suprised to see 5 or 6 come in.

I'ld grab Suso back aswell if possible.

Tello has started just two games this season and subbed on in eight. The perfect example of a player that would be willing to make a short term move to get more game time.

However, can we give it to him? Who does he replace from Sturridge, Suarez, Couthino and Sterling? If he's back-up, why would he move?

Balotelli could be set to exit Milan in January for 25M.

Any takers?

Suarez/Balotelli combo up front - 2 nutcases.

Reports in Il Secolo XIX this morning revealed that club presidentSilvio Berlusconi has had enough of the controversial forward and has ordered Adriano Galliani to accept any offer of €25m (£20.8m) or more.

The Italy international’s representative has claimed that the 23-year-old wants to leave San Siro next month. "Mario wants to leave Milan in January," his agent, Mino Raiola, told The National. "I don’t know where he will go, but we will look at different options. Chelsea is an option, but there have been no real offers and I cannot say anything."

Read the original article on Football Italia

Makes one wonder why Tello (22) committed himself to a new contract till 17/18 with an increased release clause of 25m euros, with Neymar (21) 's signing, Deulofeu (19) 's potential break through to 1st team and the likes of Sanchez (25) and Pedro (26) around. There's also other talents like Adama Traore (17) who made his debut this season.

If our interest was indeed as firm as rumoured and had he chosen to leave Barca for us, we could've save up on 1 or both of Aspas and Alberto (or even Moses).

Looks like we might have to switch target
[article=http://www.marca.com/2013/12/29/en/football/barcelona/1388357268.html]Barcelona and Martín Montoya have begun negotiations again with the aim of extending the full-back's contract, which comes to an end on 30th June, 2014.

The player's agent, José María Orobitg, asked the club to recommence talks, after Montoya's role in the team had increased.

Orobitg has told the club that they are prepared to negotiate once more and that Montoya has changed his mind.[/article]

Makes one wonder why Tello (22) committed himself to a new contract till 17/18 with an increased release clause of 25m euros, with Neymar (21) 's signing, Deulofeu (19) 's potential break through to 1st team and the likes of Sanchez (25) and Pedro (26) around. There's also other talents like Adama Traore (17) who made his debut this season.

If our interest was indeed as firm as rumoured and had he chosen to leave Barca for us, we could've save up on 1 or both of Aspas and Alberto (or even Moses).

Because guaranteed money is hard to turn down when your career could be over tomorrow

Stay away. For the love of God stay away.

Thing is Hansern, he still has lots of untapped potential. If Rodgers could get him putting 100 percent in to every game (playing with Suarez would help), he'd be monstrous in time.

15-20m and I'm in.

Thing is Hansern, he still has lots of untapped potential. If Rodgers could get him putting 100 percent in to every game (playing with Suarez would help), he'd be monstrous in time.

15-20m and I'm in.

The talent is there but you're buying trouble. He's like a little kid and when you look at the team spirit we've got going now I cant see him fitting in. He's also on a massive contract.

Has had a magnificent season for Leverkusen. Goals & assists.

Sam, Kiessling, Son ... fantastic attacking trio for Leverkusen.

Yepp, can't believe they'd sell. Would be idiotic. Probably the usual contract renewal bollocks from agents

Anyway .... We need a goalscoring, all-action CM like 26yo Stevie, a first team RB and a bloody good LB as a swap for Cissokho. If we can get Tello to replace Moses even better.

Jan 31st should see:

IN:

All action CM (Salah?)
RB (First teamer)

LB (replacement for Cissokho, loan?)
AM (Replacement for Moses. Tello on loan?)

Recall one of Borini/Suso

OUT:

Cissokho loan cancelled
Moses loan cancelled

Liverpool are planning a £7m bid for Udinese's Ghanaian midfielder Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, 23, in January after Reds boss Brendan Rodgers bemoaned his lack of squad depth.

BBC Gossip column today.

Never heard of him, anyone seen much of him?

Anyway .... We need a goalscoring, all-action CM like 26yo Stevie, a first team RB and a bloody good LB as a swap for Cissokho. If we can get Tello to replace Moses even better.

Jan 31st should see:

IN:

All action CM (Salah?)
RB (First teamer)

LB (replacement for Cissokho, loan?)
AM (Replacement for Moses. Tello on loan?)

Recall one of Borini/Suso

OUT:

Cissokho loan cancelled
Moses loan cancelled

Salah IS NOT an all action Gerrard-type midfielder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom