• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

When they scored their second goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Although, it was only about 20 seconds later that we got the penalty. There wasnt enough time for it to sink in.

Honestly, no, or at least I didn't fully believe it- I said, "right, 7 minutes, comon", sort of thing.

I honestly didn't. All through the second half I was convinced they were going to score a second, and when it came I was just relieved that there were still more than five minutes left. I was sure we'd get a third. It was just that kind of match...

Yeah.

Although I thought we were out at the end of the first half, because we were pretty poor for most of it.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=22427.msg538275#msg538275 date=1207747533]
... did you think we were out?

Be honest.

[/quote]

Strangely I thought yes but I couldn't believe myself.

I just could not quite imagine that we could lose at that point. I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from but still couldn't see us losing.

When Stevie had the penalty lined up I could see him missing it though. Fantastic penalty under immense pressure.

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=22427.msg538280#msg538280 date=1207747603]
Yes. Although, it was only about 20 seconds later that we got the penalty. There wasnt enough time for it to sink in.
[/quote]

Oh I know fucking well that you did- you were effing begging them to score all game.

I didnt watch the penalty live. like alot of liverpool's game, when we must score from a penalty, i just cant watch it. i had to walk out the room, and heard someone scream Gerrard and quickly rushed back in.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=22427.msg538296#msg538296 date=1207747844]
[/quote]

Oh I know fucking well that you did- you were effing begging them to score all game.
[/quote]

Hahaha. I thought Gerrard would miss too. I didn't have time to type that, though.

I don't know. I think i was doing my best Mascherano impression at the time. I remember just standing saying something along the lines of "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off!" then seeing Adebayor's shit celebration and thinking oh fuck. Then i think i was asking why no one fouled Walcott whilst they seemed to be showing replays of the goal when all of a sudden Babel was fouled by Toure. I didn't really have time to think we were going out. Crazy game.

Strangely I did think we might score which is contrary to my normal pessemistic demeanour.
Like S.G. said earlier, I was sure Stevie would miss the peno. Fair balls to the lad. A great penalty in the circumstances

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=22427.msg538304#msg538304 date=1207747967]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=22427.msg538296#msg538296 date=1207747844]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaha. I thought Gerrard would miss too. I didn't have time to type that, though.
[/quote]

You didn't need to. Having said that I very nearly turned the telly off for the peno, I couldn't bear the tension.

I don't think I've ever believed that a Liverpool player would miss a penalty - certainly not under Rafa in the CL. Even if Almunia had saved it, I felt sure we'd have got to the rebound first...

No, given the pressure that we had just been putting them under, and the fact that most of them looked shell shocked and their legs had gone, I was sure that we could still snatch a goal in the last ten minutes.
Still , I am the eternal optimist and I always think like that.... ;)

regards

No, I thought that they were dead on their feet and we can never be written off. I thought Stevie would score but still couldn't bare to watch him take it.

Well, there was still time on the clock and we'd looked well capable of getting another for the past 30 mins, so I thought we could, but obv the odds were against us, there wasnt really enough time to digest it all, by the time I'd stopped swearing and looked at, Babel was on his way.

Not enough time for me to think at all between their second goal and Babels penalty.

So it's a 'maybe' for me.

I thought 'Theres an angry cat in Mollys room'

Nope.

I knew we would get another.

They were dead on their feet with the exception of Walcott.

I did think it would be Gerrard but not a peno.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=22427.msg538321#msg538321 date=1207748417]
No, given the pressure that we had just been putting them under, and the fact that most of them looked shell shocked and their legs had gone, I was sure that we could still snatch a goal in the last ten minutes.
Still , I am the eternal optimist and I always think like that.... ;)

regards
[/quote]

But Rafa is still a moron and has to go eh! :p

Oh yes, it was michael thomas all over again for me. Head was in hands. We were out. that was it. If I was Gerrard, I would have lost my legs. What composure...

I didn't think we were out of it, but I did think the odds had swung pretty clearly against us at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom