• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2014 Six Nations

If you look at the world cup success in isolation then maybe you could justifiably down play it, but when you throw into the mix the recent Lions tour AND the domination of European rugby, then no sane man can claim that this welsh team is all hype.

You'll have to remind me what Englands golden generation ever managed to win to warrant the comparison.

What domination of European rugby ?

Has a welsh team ever won the Heineken cup?

Has a welsh team ever won the Heineken cup?

I don't see the relevance considering that we're talking about international rugby.

Seeing as we're playing this game though...........

How many Grand Slams have Ireland won in their entire history? I'll give you a clue, Gethin Jenkins has more.

If you look at the world cup success in isolation then maybe you could justifiably down play it, but when you throw into the mix the recent Lions tour AND the domination of European rugby, then no sane man can claim that this welsh team is all hype.

You'll have to remind me what Englands golden generation ever managed to win to warrant the comparison.

Thats the point, These Wales players will never win a World Cup.

Winning a 2nd rate rugby competition will be as good as it gets and you never know Wales might even beat a Southern Hemisphere team one day, if they ever manage that the hype will be in overdrive no doubt.

No need to get defensive, just think they are way over hyped, thats all really, never said they were shite.

If they start beating southern hemisphere teams and win a World Cup then i will hold my hands up.

I'm not being defensive mate, I just think you're setting the bar very high here. I will agree though that Wales do have the failure to take a few SH scalps as a blot on their record at present. We always seem to run them very close but yet we can't seem to get over the finish line even when the games their for the taking.

The World cup group will be very interesting, at this point i'd be backing England +1 to go through.

I've got a feeling that we'll be seeing some major changes for the France game next week, with some senior players being dropped. We've got quite a few quality young players in the squad with a huge amount of experience (Faletau, Warburton, Lydiate, Tipuric, Davies, North, Halfpenny and Cuthbert), but the next generation of youngsters are already amongst the squad). Keep a look out for the following: Jordan Williams, Rhodri Williams, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Rhodri Jones and Emyr Phillips. I'll be expecting at least two of them to be named in the starting 15 for Fridays match.

New Zealand and Wales have lots of sheep as well as good rugby teams.

I wonder is that an example of causation or correlation?

Dan Cole's popped a disc and will miss the whole Six Nations tournament. We aren't exactly overrun with quality tight heads to replace him either. :mad:

Seems the Welsh are bookies' favourites for the game against France. I know they're at home, but even so - really?

I suspect they'll bounce back against the French. The French haven't looked all that impressive. England made them look ordinary in Paris for large swathes of their game so I'm not convinced this is anything like a French side to inspire fear.

Phillips seems to be the only casualty from the spanking Wales got last time out.

I thought there would have been more changes than that

Yeah i'm surprised he only made three changes. Priestland must be magical in training because I've no idea how he's keeping his place in the team.

I think that's the problem with this Welsh team - theres plenty of good players but a some key positions are manned by unreliable players.

I don't get Priestland at all - is there nobody else ?

Biggar - once again just a steady player who is very predictable
Hook - I think Gatland hates him seeing how little game time he gets
Pratchell- Cardiff 10 and a very good young prospect who people were tipping for the six nations squad, but got injured just before it was named.
Williams - I think this lad has it all (plays for Leicester), just maybe a little bit early for him.

Basically as it stands right now i'd play Hook, Biggar and Preistland in that order, but there's no chance of that happening. If Preistland is shite tonight I expect he'll get dropped for Biggar and then he'll be crap for the next ten games. Give it a season or 2 and we'll deffo see Williams or Pratchell in the 10 jersey for Wales.

Why doesn't Warburton sing the anthem? i know hes English really but the other English lads North, Cuthbert and Davies sing it.

I think our game with the English tomorrow is a toss up. I think our pack is better than it previously was - certainly in terms of depth- but I wonder how much we've been made to look good in some respects.

Wood and Lawes will put our lineout under serious pressure and I expect England will be well prepared for our rolling maul. We'll need massive performances all around to get the win

Yeah, could go either way. I think we're more canny than them all over the park, if not necessarily filled with more talented players.

Wales have made France look like the ordinary side they are.

I'm afraid to make any comments about tomorrow's match for fear of jinxing it.

I'm afraid to make any comments about tomorrow's match for fear of jinxing it.

Very wise Ruairi. We need to win and I'm not having you fucking it up for us. I have a bunch of Irish lads coming round and we would like to rub some faces in an Irish victory.

Very wise Ruairi. We need to win and I'm not having you fucking it up for us. I have a bunch of Irish lads coming round and we would like to rub some faces in an Irish victory.

Keep it tight lads, keep it tight.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Ireland win a close game tbh, of course it would be nice to see England beat them up again but can't really see it.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Ireland win a close game tbh, of course it would be nice to see England beat them up again but can't really see it.

I wouldn't say that Spag. There is the makings of an excellent team in England. in terms of sheer physicality, I don't think there's a team in the Northern hemisphere that measures up to them. I think our hopes lies in better game management, but if England get their own game running well, they could easily win, and even win well. Nerve jangler for me.

Fucking well sussed. I was taking him in earnest, but you're qware good at this jinx theory.

I'm going to buy myself a blue eye on the way to the James Joyce tomorrow to help keep the jinxing at bay. No doubt it will be full of Englishers!

France were complete shite tonight, but still great to get back to winning ways.

It goes without saying that I hope the Irish smash England tomorrow, but I can't see it happening. Led by that Tongan number 8 I'll go for a convincing England win.

Back
Top Bottom