• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton Away - 1st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47004.msg1405217#msg1405217 date=1317050056]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1405211#msg1405211 date=1317049568]

I think lucas is asked to do too much by himself, there are huge gaps all over the midfield, the defense is too deep and his midfield partner (adam) goes missing for long periods offering nothing going forwards or back the other way.
far as I can see lucas is the best served at sheilding the defense and unfortunately they need shielding.
[/quote]

Yes this
[/quote]

Except Lucas doesn't shield the defence, he runs around aimlessly a lot though. He follows the ball around and has no sense of positioning or discipline. He chases stupid causes out wide to make tackles, while leaving gaping holes in the middle of the park.

Adam was the only midfielder to make any tackles in front of our centre backs or around our own box.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47004.msg1405320#msg1405320 date=1317062641]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47004.msg1405217#msg1405217 date=1317050056]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1405211#msg1405211 date=1317049568]

I think lucas is asked to do too much by himself, there are huge gaps all over the midfield, the defense is too deep and his midfield partner (adam) goes missing for long periods offering nothing going forwards or back the other way.
far as I can see lucas is the best served at sheilding the defense and unfortunately they need shielding.
[/quote]

Yes this
[/quote]

Except Lucas doesn't shield the defence, he runs around aimlessly a lot though. He follows the ball around and has no sense of positioning or discipline. He chases stupid causes out wide to make tackles, while leaving gaping holes in the middle of the park.

Adam was the only midfielder to make any tackles in front of our centre backs or around our own box.
[/quote]

Wrong.

and its wrong because he made a couple of important tackles towards the end of the game. Overall yeh he was shite and did spend a lot of time running around aimlessly. Mostly covering Adams out of position arse.

I stand corrected, Lucas successfully made one tackle around / in the box.

Adam made three.

The rest is correct though. And so is Pesam. Kuyt would do a better job because he can read the game. It's not a coincidence that we've been fucking rubbish since we put him in the team regularly. (although it's not all his fault,)

basically (and it's this old chestnut again) I think we defend too deep meaning lucas has to cover more ground than he should. I watched the manu stoke game and manu were holding a very high line which made sheild the defense easier for anderson. admitedly they may have just wanted to push up to push crouch out of their box but none the less the play was compressed between the defense and the attack.

[/quote]

So the midfielder who is directly responsible for at least half of our league goals this season offers us nothing going forward ?

That seems odd to say the least.

i dont understand why people think lucas is still shit, he just isnt, im not gonna get into statistics or anything cause u guys dont seem to be too keen on them, but, well they speak for themselves. He has off games, and people are reminded of the old lucas who was consistantly shite, but he's a good fuckin player, maybe not good enough to be paired with someone as shit defensively as adam but he's th best we have

[quote author=Lewy link=topic=47004.msg1405340#msg1405340 date=1317064828]
i dont understand why people think lucas is still shit, he just isnt, im not gonna get into statistics or anything cause u guys dont seem to be too keen on them, but, well they speak for themselves. He has off games, and people are reminded of the old lucas who was consistantly shite, but he's a good fuckin player, maybe not good enough to be paired with someone as shit defensively as adam but he's th best we have
[/quote]

I'm one if those who thought he was shite but can see past my own backside now that he's much improved. Yeh he's no Zidane and yeh he still has bad games, like anyone

He still annoys the fuck out of me with some silly fouls and misplaced passes. He also gets bypassed a lot by quicker players and our midfield has been a gaping hole of late. Bit of blame is of course pointed at McLardarse aswell, but Lucas desperatly lacks mobility.

Did anyone spot when Lucas swept in to dispose Jarvis right after he waltzed past Adam who was too tired to make a challenge. It was right at the very end of the game. It really stood out for me and I think a few people commented on it in the match thread.

Lucas should 100% play in the derby and you know what he'll have a good game too.

-----------Suarez------Bellamy---------
--Downing---------------------------Kuyt---
--------------Gerrard----Lucas--------------
---Enrique----Carra-----Skrtel-----Kelly---
----------------------Reina--------------------

Picks itself IMO.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=47004.msg1405184#msg1405184 date=1317047768]
Every time you talk about Lucas, it makes me forget that you generally seem to know what you're talking about.

Everyone has a blind spot I suppose.
[/quote]

Haha that.

Pesam I love you but shut the fuck up about Lucas.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47004.msg1405544#msg1405544 date=1317084800]

Picks itself IMO.
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind that line up. If I were to make changes, it would be Coates for Skrtel after his horror show against Wolves and maybe Carroll for Bellamy. Otherwise it's pretty much spot on.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47004.msg1405329#msg1405329 date=1317063509]
I stand corrected, Lucas successfully made one tackle around / in the box.

Adam made three.

The rest is correct though. And so is Pesam. Kuyt would do a better job because he can read the game. It's not a coincidence that we've been fucking rubbish since we put him in the team regularly. (although it's not all his fault,)

[/quote]

Ross, fuck up.

Picks itself IMO.
[/quote]

can't see bellamy and and gerrard starting the match and no way on this earth is kenny going to drop adam, just isn't going to happen.
I think the only change from the team that started against wolves is kuyt for henderson and even that may not happen.

I think Suarez will be benched for Bellamy. We cant beat Utd without him (barring stevie coming back firing on all cylinders) whereas we can beat Everton without him, esp' if Bellamy & kuyt link up well again.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47004.msg1405762#msg1405762 date=1317127179]
I think Suarez will be benched for Bellamy. We cant beat Utd without him (barring stevie coming back firing on all cylinders) whereas we can beat Everton without him, esp' if Bellamy & kuyt link up well again.
[/quote]

Ignore me, I thought Suarez was on 4 yellow's. He's on two.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1405658#msg1405658 date=1317116305]

Picks itself IMO.
[/quote]

can't see bellamy and and gerrard starting the match and no way on this earth is kenny going to drop adam, just isn't going to happen.
I think the only change from the team that started against wolves is kuyt for henderson and even that may not happen.
[/quote]

True, as we've already seen, Kenny can make some mind-boggling decisions.

I'd back that team to smash Everton.

I think Lucas and Adam will play, but someone should be next to them. Whether that's Gerrard or Spearing, anyone's guess.

However, that would probably mean Suarez or Carroll dropping to the bench and I don't think anyone's going to make that decision.

So, I think Kenny will go with the same team as last week, maybe Kuyt for Henderson (a given in my book but obv not Kenny's).

I also think someone will get sent off and we'll get a draw at best.

Well im not looking forward to this one but i refuse to believe we will turn up and perform quite as badly as we did in last seasons 'must not get out of our own half, stay compact!' Royesque display at the same shithole.

Fellaini will probably steamroller Lucas again and Adam will look lost if the more industrious Osman/Cahill are on their game and have their battling heads on which they will. Baines and Drenthe against Kelly is a bit of a worry but then again Enrique and Downing should get plenty of joy out of Hibbert if he plays because hes fucking shit!

far be it for me to tell kenny what to do but I think it's very important to push as high up the pitch as possible. everton's attackers are better in the air than our defenders so push them as far away from our box as possible or we are going to pay the price.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1406136#msg1406136 date=1317201560]
far be it for me to tell kenny what to do but I think it's very important to push as high up the pitch as possible. everton's attackers are better in the air than our defenders so push them as far away from our box as possible or we are going to pay the price.
[/quote]

Cahill is the only aerial threat as far as i could se in their attack. Vellios might be good but i doubt he'd start

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47004.msg1406148#msg1406148 date=1317203221]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1406136#msg1406136 date=1317201560]
[/quote]

Cahill is the only aerial threat as far as i could se in their attack. Vellios might be good but i doubt he'd start
[/quote]

They're good on the deck, I think people underestimate their ability to play good football and they are pretty good on the break too. We should just go there and try to just be better than them and win. Simples. Sort of. I don't think we can afford to push up away at Goodison, we're not exactly rapid ourselves and if they get in behind the last thing we need is to be chasing back.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47004.msg1406162#msg1406162 date=1317204563]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47004.msg1406148#msg1406148 date=1317203221]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They're good on the deck, I think people underestimate their ability to play good football and they are pretty good on the break too. We should just go there and try to just be better than them and win. Simples. Sort of. I don't think we can afford to push up away at Goodison, we're not exactly rapid ourselves and if they get in behind the last thing we need is to be chasing back.
[/quote]

completely agree mark. Saha, cahill, osman, drenthe, fellaini, barkley, all excel with the ball at their feet

and if they play saha we definitely don't want to be playing high up. His speed on the counter would shatter us too easily

It's going to be a tough game alright. Our form isn't great but neither is theirs. That said, form tends to go out the window. It will be won in midfield though - which worries me a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom