• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d imagine Utd will play Varane & Evans at CB with Wan-Bissaka & whoever at LB, tucking in, with Amrabat & McTominay sitting in front of their back 4 - they’ll sit deep making it almost like a back 6.

I guess the only other midfielder they have is Hannibal - who’ll sit in front of the other two and kick anything that moves.

I guess they’ll try to sucker us on the counter by hitting long balls into the spaces left by our “Full Backs” getting high up the pitch to help break down their low block.

We need to crisp with our passing, move the ball quickly and get some width into our game.

Slobbers needs to get out wide on the right if Trent’s going to roam infield and Diaz needs to stay out wide and let Gravy do the running.

We smashed them a few years ago at OT with runners from deep - it was Jones & Keita of all people that did the damage that day.

You’d imagine Utd will play Varane & Evans at CB with Wan-Bissaka & whoever at LB, tucking in, with Amrabat & McTominay sitting in front of their back 4 - they’ll sit deep making it almost like a back 6.

I guess the only other midfielder they have is Hannibal - who’ll sit in front of the other two and kick anything that moves.

I guess they’ll try to sucker us on the counter by hitting long balls into the spaces left by our “Full Backs” getting high up the pitch to help break down their low block.

We need to crisp with our passing, move the ball quickly and get some width into our game.

Slobbers needs to get out wide on the right if Trent’s going to roam infield and Diaz needs to stay out wide and let Gravy do the running.

We smashed them a few years ago at OT with runners from deep - it was Jones & Keita of all people that did the damage that day.
It’ll be Kobi Mainoo not Hannibal and McT will be higher up the pitch as Ten Hag prefers two ‘8’s

Starting Trent as the 6 shouldnt even be considered.
It’d mitigate their one chance of exploiting the space on our right he’d vacate if playing the hybrid role. Stick Gomez at right back and their outlet for Rashford / Garnacho is snuffed out.
Meanwhile, given Utd are likely to sit deep, Trent will see a lot of the ball in deep midfield to pick out passes (and without worrying that he’s left a Rashford size hole free behind him).

It’d mitigate their one chance of exploiting the space on our right he’d vacate if playing the hybrid role. Stick Gomez at right back and their outlet for Rashford / Garnacho is snuffed out.
Meanwhile, given Utd are likely to sit deep, Trent will see a lot of the ball in deep midfield to pick out passes (and without worrying that he’s left a Rashford size hole free behind him).

I dont see a reason to change how we set up to counter Garnacho or Rashford. Klopp will want to be on the front foot, not the back foot.
Trent should be the RB with the hybrid role. Thats how we roll these days and how we've become one of the better teams again.

Reactions: dee
I dont see a reason to change how we set up to counter Garnacho or Rashford. Klopp will want to be on the front foot, not the back foot.
Trent should be the RB with the hybrid role. Thats how we roll these days and how we've become one of the better teams again.
Yep can see that too…but I think it’s potentially s a good game at home to give Trent licence to dictate from the 6 position (as a more attacking selection than Endo) whilst also closing the door to pretty much the only attacking outlet they have.

Klopp’s switched to Trent at the 6 in games that were in need of a goal (as an attacking shift in games)…there’s potentially an added benefit in this game to doing that from the start.

Yep can see that too…but I think it’s potentially s a good game at home to give Trent licence to dictate from the 6 position (as a more attacking selection than Endo) whilst also closing the door to pretty much the only attacking outlet they have.

Klopp’s switched to Trent at the 6 in games that were in need of a goal (as an attacking shift in games)…there’s potentially an added benefit in this game to doing that from the start.

I actually think Trent will be more free coming in from his RB role. If we need to do something attacking wise later in the game he could be an option.
Endo will give us the balance we need in midfield. With Trent the game could become much more open and unbalanced and we dont want that.

United have injuries on their left I thought. Trent needs to be played on the right as right back or hybrid and told to bum them proper.

I’m 100% in the “if it ain’t broke” camp on this. Trent at RB, konate to cover across should the super scary Garnacho get free and do his Baros impersonation

United have injuries on their left I thought. Trent needs to be played on the right as right back or hybrid and told to bum them proper.
I would expect any sensible manager to play Regulion at LB who will be solid but Ten Hag seems to fancy Dalot for some mad reason

I could actually see Klopp putting Gomez at LB to have a right footed full back against Antony’s left foot preference

Gomez havent been very good as a left back though, and we are much worse going forward with him in the team.
Tsimikas was rested last night. He'll start.

Press conference done…Vinny the only 1 asking the questions :D, as low key as it gets which in some way was refreshing to hear.
  • Talks about the tough schedule again and needing Anfield.
  • Dives a little into squad depth, the bond between the new guys, and the impact the players off the bench have been making.
  • Happy with the process and development the team is making whilst acknowledging more is yet to come.
  • Not concerned with Utd's form/problems but ETH must be doing something right to have been awarded MOTM.

I could actually see Klopp putting Gomez at LB to have a right footed full back against Antony’s left foot preference
Gomez got properly rinsed multiple times on the right yesterday, by some player whose name I don't even know. Contrary to popular belief, I don't even think he is a better defender than Trent. His defending is hit and miss, no different from Trent. I don't think he is necessarily a better defender than the Greek, regardless of whichever foot.

Gomez got properly rinsed multiple times on the right yesterday, by some player whose name I don't even know. Contrary to popular belief, I don't even think he is a better defender than Trent. His defending is hit and miss, no different from Trent. I don't think he is necessarily a better defender than the Greek, regardless of whichever foot.

I'd agree there, the biggest issue with Gomez is he can't track a ball over his head.

Just noticed that Luke Shaw is fit for selection on Sunday as is Rashford. Bit of a surprise. Martial and Maguire defo out

That away win is memorable to me.

We've had some great away wins there too, Torres destroying Vidic and Stevie kissing the camera.

The 3-0 there where Studge destroyed Vidic and won 2 pens I think.

None of them will ever beat 7-0, the banter that followed was unlike anything I've seen......they'll never recover from that 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom