• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll New Manager speculation

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who'll will be the new manager?

• Xabi

Votes: 63 87.5%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Some old dude like Ancelloti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A cool dude in a suit

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

• De Zerbi

• Unai Emery

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Zinedine Zidane

• Ange Postawotever (for Dreamie)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like Xabi is the fav from fan's point of view.

His age or experience doesn't worry me, Pep and Zidane were largely in experienced when they took over massive jobs and proved capable.
I guess one factor maybe possible Labour's Tax rates, last time Labour were in Gov, Xabi was on way to Real...
These players didn't leave us because of Labour tax rates, wise up. It was the dog days of G&H and these players were offered ways out by some of the biggest clubs in football.

These players didn't leave us because of Labour tax rates, wise up. It was the dog days of G&H and these players were offered ways out by some of the biggest clubs in football.

I’ve definitely posted this a few times on here, he did have an eye on the money. Between that and your manager wanting to replace you with Gareth Barry.

I’ve definitely posted this a few times on here, he did have an eye on the money. Between that and your manager wanting to replace you with Gareth Barry.

Yeah the Rafa coldness screwed him too. I get it.. you want to sell Xabi to get 2 or 3 players in to replace him. But rather than telling Xabi that, he gave him the cold shoulder so Xabi dug his heels in and got the move that favoured him rather than us. Worked out for one of them.. and it wasn't Rafa.

Also in regards to Potter, the philosophy of his football doesn't suit our current set up.

He was massively screwed over by Chelsea though. I do rate him as a manager. Just not for us.

Here's my list of viable candidates
The people I'm ruling out...
Ange - just signed for Spurs, won't move.
Emery - see above
Zidane - he is holding out for something, and it's not the liverpool manager role
De Zerbi - Achieved sweet FA
Potter - See above
Maureen - needs alot of cash, has a confrontational attitude
Conte - see above
Sean Dyche - he is becoming a legend but we all know his level, and that's fighting relegation

Here's my list
Inzaghi - done alot with very little
Alonso
Ruben amorim
Roger Schmidt - currently head coach at benfica, has developed a slue of talent and won the league albeit having the best talents prised off them
Inzaghi - Got to a CL final despite being financially challenged. My first pick, as he will be used to financial challenges
Allegri - proven manager, topping seria A at the moment.

Last edited:
Emery - see above
Zidane - he is holding out for something, and it's not the liverpool manager role
Potter - See above
Conte - see above

Here's my list
Alonso
Ruben amorim
Roger Schmidt - currently head coach at benfica, has developed a slue of talent and won the league albeit having the best talents prised off them
Inzaghi - Got to a CL final despite being financially challenged. My first pick, as he will be used to financial challenges

Julian Negalsman - contract with German FA finishes after Euro’s

Marco Rose - wouldn’t be the first time we’ve looked at RBL for a signing.

Tiernan Lynch - after leading Larne to their first ever title and Champions League football, he secured 4 in a row County Antrim Shields after the mighty Inver Reds defeated Glentoran in the final the other night. Counting Julian Ward as an ex-player, Larne are the stepping stone for Lynch to achieve more than greatness in the picturesque seaside holiday destination of Larne.

Emery - see above
Potter - See above
Conte - see above

Here's my list
Alonso
Ruben amorim

Are we even particularly financially challenged anymore?

The PSR rules are clearly starting to work. There isn't really anybody we can't compete with in the PL anymore.

I agree with Luis that Gerrard would fit the club in terms of drive, attitude and style of play. But what worries me about Gerrard is his tactical ability and in-game management.
I'm sorry, but when he and Xabi were playing together in midfield, it wasn't Stevie that Benitez was pulling to the sideline and giving tactical instructions to, it was Xabi.

Last edited:
Honestly if Xabi rejects us, I wouldn't mind Potter. Also, bring on someone like Milner as an assistant since he basically knows the entire squad.
Millie!| Now you're talking

Julian Negalsman - contract with German FA finishes after Euro’s

Marco Rose - wouldn’t be the first time we’ve looked at RBL for a signing.

Tiernan Lynch - after leading Larne to their first ever title and Champions League football, he secured 4 in a row County Antrim Shields after the mighty Inver Reds defeated Glentoran in the final the other night. Counting Julian Ward as an ex-player, Larne are the stepping stone for Lynch to achieve more than greatness in the picturesque seaside holiday destination of Larne.
I forgot Hans Flick who failed at international level but won the double with Bayern.
But since you told me about Lynch, I am now fully invested in any one other than Lynch becoming manager.

I did his wise up, check his quotes at the time when he left. Was one his reasons quoted. While some of us were going through redundencies, Xabi was against paying extra 5% tax.

Last edited:
I forgot Hans Flick who failed at international level but won the double with Bayern.
But since you told me about Lynch, I am now fully invested in any one other than Lynch becoming manager.
Herr Flick?
MV5BOTc0MTUzNjA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkzMTUzOA@@._V1_.jpg

The DOF appt is just going to be as important. Rolfes delivered the players that Alonso wanted - allowing for the signings to integrate seamlessly and not feel the loss of Diaby, who played a part in >30% of their league goals last season.

Heres my top five
1) David Wagner.. Becuase he is Klopps mate
2) Fat Sam ... FSG first choice be cuase he can put together teams on shoe string and spit
3) Harry Redknapp ... If he can stop the bet ads he will have the time
4) Roy Hodgson ... A manager that has some unfinished business at the club (Didn't clear out his locker)
5) Jürgen Klinsmann .. FSG was trying to tempted him into the job before Klopp

Heres my top five
1) David Wagner.. Becuase he is Klopps mate
2) Fat Sam ... FSG first choice be cuase he can put together teams on shoe string and spit
3) Harry Redknapp ... If he can stop the bet ads he will have the time
4) Roy Hodgson ... A manager that has some unfinished business at the club (Didn't clear out his locker)
5) Jürgen Klinsmann .. FSG was trying to tempted him into the job before Klopp
If you are a real person, and above the age of 7, please go see a doctor. Ask them to test for lead poisoning.

What a tough debate. Most footballers who become young managers fail at top clubs except - Pep and Zizou. Is Xabi one of them?

He’s doesn’t have a body of work. You do need failure as part of your learning. He has that. He’s had half a season last year at BL and another half season this year and he looks like a genius.

But - it’s not enough really. Unless he’s one of the Pep-zizou outliers. He’s played under all the top managers and he was their go to guy - so you could argue he’s been a manager in training while playing. More than say - Nagelsman?

Everything will be a step down now. We have to be ok with that. But at Liverpool, if we win the title this year, it will buy a new manager a lot of patience. And we would already be willing to give a lot of patience to Xabi. I really wish some of Klopp’s people Would hang around. To help the transition. I don’t want to lose all that knowledge!

Like how they signed so many good players.
How they turn so many games at halftime.

But it seems like that’s the modern game. Coaching staff move on.

But yes I think Xabi fits best. He’s as much a gamble as a Nagelsman who lost the dressing room at Bayern when he skateboarded into work. Our players need someone to look up to who can command respect immediately.

We also need a manager who can attract players.

Who on the market is like that?

Are we even particularly financially challenged anymore?

The PSR rules are clearly starting to work. There isn't really anybody we can't compete with in the PL anymore.
We are always claiming poverty. I have no idea what the new PSR rules mean, and how vastly differently things change, afterall I hear Chelsea are looking to spend £100m plus on a striker?
I don't know will go, but I am hoping most will chose to stay. I suppose who ever the new SD is will have to persuade those players who are having 2nd thoughts

We are always claiming poverty. I have no idea what the new PSR rules mean, and how vastly differently things change, afterall I hear Chelsea are looking to spend £100m plus on a striker?
I don't know will go, but I am hoping most will chose to stay. I suppose who ever the new SD is will have to persuade those players who are having 2nd thoughts

There will probably always be a bit wriggle room, but the enforcement of the rules so far suggests that clubs will be afraid of blatant breaches.

I think from now on it'll be a fairly level playing field.

There will probably always be a bit wriggle room, but the enforcement of the rules so far suggests that clubs will be afraid of blatant breaches.

I think from now on it'll be a fairly level playing field.
City have been selling and have nearly a £150m cushion in terms of turnover, what that translate to in terms of spend I don't know but logically it would indicate they can spend more than us?
Regardless.i hope they appoint a SD that could do that, maybe rehire Edwards?

King Kenny
Yes
I dunno man, game was very different back then
Those who remember Kenny vividly are at least in their mid to late 40s,and we're young kids, so nostalgia also can play tricks to the memories.
Is it important to give him the title of "most complete manager"? It's the memories he has created that will live on after 30 years of domestic drought and 12/13 years of European obscurity

City have been selling and have nearly a £150m cushion in terms of turnover, what that translate to in terms of spend I don't know but logically it would indicate they can spend more than us?
Regardless.i hope they appoint a SD that could do that, maybe rehire Edwards?

You'd think they'll be much more confident conservative from now on, given all the investigations going on. In fact their spending is nowhere near as excessive as it used to be already. I think their wage bill is about the same as ours. They don't spend vastly more on fees.

I think the days of really excessive spending are over now.

I see Xavi is leaving Barca in the summer

Be very much FSG to go "But they wanted Xavi?! Why are they mad"
Wonder would Pep be tempted back since he knows that winning anything with City is already soulless and without any competition it'll just be...... something beyond soulless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom