• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll New Manager speculation

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who'll will be the new manager?

• Xabi

Votes: 63 87.5%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Some old dude like Ancelloti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A cool dude in a suit

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

• De Zerbi

• Unai Emery

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Zinedine Zidane

• Ange Postawotever (for Dreamie)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a real person, and above the age of 7, please go see a doctor. Ask them to test for lead poisoning.

That’s conclusive proof it’s not a real person - just a character created for shits, giggles & trying to wind people up.

You'd think they'll be much more confident conservative from now on, given all the investigations going on. In fact their spending is nowhere near as excessive as it used to be already. I think their wage bill is about the same as ours. They don't spend vastly more on fees.

I think the days of really excessive spending are over now.

Until the charges get dropped - then they’ll beating money left, right & centre again.

Until the charges get dropped - then they’ll beating money left, right & centre again.

Could be, but not in my opinion. I think there'll be a significant dampening effect. It's already not like it used to be. Btw I'm just saying that their spending will continue to be at a level that we can reasonably compete with. Might not be absolute equality, but manageable - maybe something along the lines of Barca vs Real Madrid.

Their biggest advantage is Pep, and even he'll leave eventually.

Could be, but not in my opinion. I think there'll be a significant dampening effect. It's already not like it used to be. Btw I'm just saying that their spending will continue to be at a level that we can reasonably compete with. Might not be absolute equality, but manageable - maybe something along the lines of Barca vs Real Madrid.

Their biggest advantage is Pep, and even he'll leave eventually.

It might depend on the impact to Newcastle - if there are no consequences to City for doing it, Newcastle will follow, then it depends on how serial big spenders like City, Utd & Chelsea react - does it become another arms race?

It might depend on the impact to Newcastle - if there are no consequences to City for doing it, Newcastle will follow, then it depends on how serial big spenders like City, Utd & Chelsea react - does it become another arms race?

I just don't think it's going to happen. City (forget about Newcastle) have to significantly inflate their commercial revenues just to roughly keep track with our and Arsenal and Utd's TOTAL revenues. For them to return to a position where their spending completely overwhelms the others', they'd either have to vastly increase that inflation (which everyone already knows about and they've already faced extreme scrutiny for) and not arouse suspicion (effectively impossible) or they'd need the abolition of PSR and FFP altogether.

I mean, the latter COULD happen, but it seems pretty far-fetched to me.

If anything this just shows we really don't trust anyone with experience and would rather have a former son/player to manage us with minimal experience than getting any young and up coming managers who actually have more than 6months worth of experience. I also voted for Xabi.

On the assumption this season continues in the same vein, I would really like ljinders to take over.

We don't need an overhaul with new philosophy. We have a winning formula with young players suited to it. Let's give pep a chance.

On the assumption this season continues in the same vein, I would really like ljinders to take over.

We don't need an overhaul with new philosophy. We have a winning formula with young players suited to it. Let's give pep a chance.

It doesn't sound like that is really a possibility though, as why announce he is going? The club could have said nothing about the coaching staff if they are even considering him.

Makes it more likely that everything is already agreed.

Poss
It doesn't sound like that is really a possibility though, as why announce he is going? The club could have said nothing about the coaching staff if they are even considering him.

Makes it more likely that everything is already agreed.
I'm inclined to agree, however, if it's all been a bit of a rush and they haven't ruled him in or out, this keeps your options open.

FSG know it's very unlikely that it will be a smooth transition and that results and performance will likely dip.

They know the fans will accept that, it's inevitable.

But there needs to be enough support to get the new manager through the bumpy periods or the whole thing will turn to shit.

Xabi will most likely get that through what he has achieved in a short amount of time as a manager and previous reputation as a player.

Pep won't get that, based on how we all wanted his head for publishing a book.

What about Simone Inzaghi? Plenty of experience with a big club with Inter Milan. He's won seria A and taken them to a Champions League final.

What about Simone Inzaghi? Plenty of experience with a big club with Inter Milan. He's won seria A and taken them to a Champions League final.
Italians don’t do so well here. The Italian league is a very different beast

I reckon our Italian curse extends beyond players and into managers.

De Zerbi fills me with fear too.

If you are a real person, and above the age of 7, please go see a doctor. Ask them to test for lead poisoning.
I am a A.I. bot' aged 4.. It was a tongue in cheek post
Maybe I should be questioning "If" you and those who liked your post are real people :rolleyes:

Italians don’t do so well here. The Italian league is a very different beast
They don’t? Conte, Ancelotti, Mancini and Ranieri, all league winners.
Vialli and Sarri also won trophies.
De Zerbi is doing quite well right now.

They don’t last long but they do win shit

Sorry "Italians don't do well HERE". Here being LFC - not clear I realise

Ancellotti - bizarelly - I was thinking as Spanish!

I am a A.I. bot' aged 4.. It was a tongue in cheek post
Maybe I should be questioning "If" you and those who liked your post are real people :rolleyes:

This is all going on in your head and none of us were smart enough to realise you were making a hilarious joke. Absolutely no doubt if you had said it in real life people would dying from laughter. Tomorrow, when you wake from this fictional reality, go see a doctor and ask them for a cognitive assessment. Tell the doctor that the voices in your head said it was important. Be sure to tell the doctor your funny joke. Don't worry, doctors are trained to deal with hilarity so there is no danger. Don't tell anyone else though as they might die.

Oh FFS. Dreamy just came all over his monitor.

did-we-ever-figure-out-what-randys-sexual-preference-is-v0-0z6kbqh2piv81.png

@Dreambeliever

I don't think Postecoglou is a bad manager but as far as managing at the top level is concerned, he isn't experienced.

If one of the arguments against Alonso (which is valid) is his inexperience then going for Postecoglou instead doesn't make a lot of sense.

We should really make sure we Get someone who can set up a team to Play in different ways, and different set ups. One-trick ponies Get found out after a while, particularly in Europe.

I don't think Postecoglou is a bad manager but as far as managing at the top level is concerned, he isn't experienced.

If one of the arguments against Alonso (which is valid) is his inexperience then going for Postecoglou instead doesn't make a lot of sense.
I believe Alonso would command a lot more respect from the players. They're old enough to have seen him play. Some have possibly even played against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom