• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll New Manager speculation

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who'll will be the new manager?

• Xabi

Votes: 63 87.5%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Some old dude like Ancelloti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A cool dude in a suit

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

• De Zerbi

• Unai Emery

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Zinedine Zidane

• Ange Postawotever (for Dreamie)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Alonso would command a lot more respect from the players. They're old enough to have seen him play. Some have possibly even played against him.
Handy Thaigo replacement too. I saw some of his passes on the Levekusen training ground recently. He's still pinpoint!

Besides Xabi, Amorim is the other name on my preferred list. He ticks a lot of boxes. (He would "know" Nunez and Diaz well too.)

Started following Amorim since 2022.

Guided Sporting to 1st league title in 19 yrs inc. record 32-match unbeaten streak + some Portuguese League Cups while competing with financially stronger Benfica and Porto.

Developed/bringing the best out of players: Palhinha (rejoined after being on loan at Braga for 2 seasons), Nunes (signed for €500k & sold for €45m), Goncalves (23 goals in 32 league apps in his first season at the club, which happened to be the one they won their 1st title in 19 years), Porro (initially a loan move from Man City, signed for €8.5m & sold for €45m), Ugarte (signed for €6.5m & sold for €60m)

(notable) Debuts for: Mendes (sold for €38m), Inacio, Chermiti (sold for €12.5m after 22 1st team appearances)

‘He will be an unavoidable name in European football’ – Ruben Amorim, Europe’s next supercoach?

Contracted till 2026, €20m release clause - that's him ruled out then.

Sporting Club de Portugal manager Rúben Amorim is part of the shortlist being looked at by Liverpool as they plan for life post Jurgen Klopp.

That’s according to Correio da Manhã’s Weekend edition, who say the manager’s €20m release clause ‘won’t be an impediment’ for the Reds.

According to them the work carried out by Amorim at Sporting has not gone unnoticed in recent years, with his ability to promote young talents and get them playing attractive football ‘highlighted internationally’.

Despite only being 38-years-of-age Amorim has shown he is ‘ready for higher goals’ and he has a passion for English football too, meaning a move to the Premier League is in his dreams.

There is also a feeling that his cycle at Sporting is coming to an end and that could lead the Portuguese boss to Liverpool as they plan for life after Klopp has gone.

The Reds are regular attendees at Sporting to watch players such as Pote and Goncalo Inacio but it’s not just the players they’ve been watching.

Amorim is also of interest to them and the €20m clause in his contract, which is specifically for foreign clubs, ‘will not be an impediment’ for any suitors.

Liverpool are apparently one of them and have Amorim on their list alongside Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard, Julian Nagelsmann and Thomas Frank according to the newspaper.

Amorim has developed multiple players at Sporting CP who have gone on to be worth big fees. Those include Pedro Porro, Manuel Ugarte, Matheus Nunes, Nuno Mendes and Joao Palhinha.

There’s also multiple players in the current squad who are expected to leave for big fees, including Viktor Gyokeres, Marcus Edwards, Gonzalo Inacio, Pedro Goncalves and Ousmane Diomande.

Sporting CP are currently top of Liga Portugal and in a title battle with Benfica and Porto.

Ralph Hasenhüttl is my new second favourite.

1. Xabi
2. Hasenhüttl
3. Potter
4. De Zerbi

Allegedly on double Klopp's currently salary (£30m vs £15m) so FSG may not be tempted

Ah okay. Yeah, that would definitely be a sticking point.

I don't think we would have ended up with him anyway, but I could see FSG considering him.

Ralph Hasenhüttl is my new second favourite.

1. Xabi
2. Hasenhüttl
3. Potter
4. De Zerbi
Bold choice. I worry he could be a Moyes, who is an excellent manager, but not a big enough personality for a top club.

I would take De Zerbi next. So impressive how quickly shifted from Potter-ball, which was good, to his style. Potter was the best manager Brighton ever had. He must be an excellent communicator and instantly grabbed the confidence of the players almost instantly. It took him three games. This year, he loses much of the spine of the team (Colwill, Mac, Calceido, Trossard) and they have barely missed a beat, while adding demands of Europe.

Really? Ralph and potter?

I mean, they're decent but...really?

I'm
1. Xabi
2. Amorim
3. De zerbi

Yes and Hassenhuttle is above Potter by some distance. The reason why he's my new no, other than the fact that I totally forgot about him is that his style is very similar to Klopp's. Here's a quote from him:

“[Klopp and I] did our coaching badges together and we know each other very well,” Hasenhüttl told bundesliga.com in an exclusive interview. “I think we appreciate a similar philosophy on football – we want to play a high tempo game, we want our guys to sprint around, press well and these are elements which make the game livelier and varied and get people excited.”

He has experience from top flight football as a player and as a manager. He's had good times and bad times at Southampton, wasn't really backed by the board. The biggest stylistic change is that he plays a sort of 4-2-2-2 line up, but I don't see him as the rigid kind. He'll adapt if he gets the job.

Bold choice. I worry he could be a Moyes, who is an excellent manager, but not a big enough personality for a top club.

I would take De Zerbi next. So impressive how quickly shifted from Potter-ball, which was good, to his style. Potter was the best manager Brighton ever had. He must be an excellent communicator and instantly grabbed the confidence of the players almost instantly. It took him three games. This year, he loses much of the spine of the team (Colwill, Mac, Calceido, Trossard) and they have barely missed a beat, while adding demands of Europe.
Yes De Zerbi has done an impressive job at Brighton, but if I'm being honest I think Potter laid the foundation for him. Yes, he lost a few players but it's not like he started from scratch.
I always knew that the Chelsea job was too big for Potter. It's a Hollywood club, filled with big ego's. It's like when Benitez went there, couldn't really instil his philosophy and never got the respect from the players despite saving their season.
It's a club of cunts, by cunts and for cunts.

Ange taking over after Klopp would have the feel of Hodge taking over for me, some of these options are so scary like Simeone. I just want to go and hide in wardrobe and pretend Klopp will stay..,

Ange taking over after Klopp would have the feel of Hodge taking over for me, some of these options are so scary like Simeone. I just want to go and hide in wardrobe and pretend Klopp will stay..,
No, for me Ange taking over is a bit like Brendan Rodgers taking over but a little less embarrassing.

Leverkusen are one of the best counter- pressing teams in Europe this year.

Has to help Alonsos case.

No love for Negalsman?

The Bayern situation was weird, his record wasn’t that bad - and it’s better than Tuchel’s.

No love for Negalsman?

The Bayern situation was weird, his record wasn’t that bad - and it’s better than Tuchel’s.
I'm afraid that it's going to be another Villas Boas situation. Nagelsman taking over after someone like Klopp, will the players respect him? He's just a few years older than Van Dijk and Salah.

I'm afraid that it's going to be another Villas Boas situation. Nagelsman taking over after someone like Klopp, will the players respect him? He's just a few years older than Van Dijk and Salah.

He is very young, but has been coaching for 14 years since having to quite due to injury - so in that sense, as a coach he’s pretty experienced.

I dunno, I think I’d prefer him to a lot of the names mentioned - he’d be on my shortlist along with Xabi & De Zerbi.

I’d certainly prefer him to Ralph Hasenhuttl.

I’ve seen Thomas Frank mentioned - and not by KHL surprisingly!!!

I don't know about that, at least Hasenhuttl has PL experience so we dont have to worry about that bit. Still, Xabi is the obvious choice for me.

And yet, Xabi has less experience than Negalsman and equally no Premier Keague experience.

I think playing in the Prem for 6 years counts for something.

I mean, it might, but he left almost 15 years ago, so I don’t know how much.

Fun fact - the only manager to have won the Premier League and play in the Premier League is Roberto Mancini - couple of games on loan to Leicester.

Prior to that it was Dalglish and then you’re out to people like George Graham.

So.. playing in the Premier League doesn’t appear to be a requisite to be successful as a manager.

I mean, it might, but he left almost 15 years ago, so I don’t know how much.

Fun fact - the only manager to have won the Premier League and play in the Premier League is Roberto Mancini - couple of games on loan to Leicester.

Prior to that it was Dalglish and then you’re out to people like George Graham.

So.. playing in the Premier League doesn’t appear to be a requisite to be successful as a manager.

Congratulations..you have just reached peak clutching for reasons not to appoint Alonso.

Nagelsmann was sacked from Bayern, official reason was they were terrible in close games and a bad culture fit.

The unofficial reasons were the players hated him and he was leaking stories to the press.

Do you really want that instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom