• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll New Manager speculation

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who'll will be the new manager?

• Xabi

Votes: 63 87.5%
  • Harry Potter

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Some old dude like Ancelloti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A cool dude in a suit

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milner

• De Zerbi

• Unai Emery

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Zinedine Zidane

• Ange Postawotever (for Dreamie)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That did cross my mind, which is why I'm not convinced that it is the most important issue (although we are in a bit of a different position in terms of manager recruitment than we were when we appointed those three, to be fair).

Personally I think the risk of Alonso is worth taking but I'm trying not to base that on the fact that he played for us years ago.

I just need a wee bit more convincing that it’s not some weird coincidence and he is actually a managerial genius.

It feels too good to be true.

Ideally, I think I’d want him to be taking over from Klopp in 2026 and not now.

I mean, I’d rather Klopp extended and stayed for a long time….

Gonna be very honest here.

If Emery didn't look, talk and smell like a vampire, and if we weren't all snobby about taking an Arsenal 'reject' he'd be the top pick. Triple EL and bringing Villareal to the Champions League semi is crazy.

That said, one cannot discount the above factors. Especially when you're taking over from Herr Klopp.

I know mate that does it for me totally - that vampire look - really fucks me off

What I’m picking up is that each of the candidates for the job have flaws and areas of concern - unlike when Klopp was appointed, where he ticked every important box.

This is a lot more concerning than I want it to be.
I'll be honest and say I don't think being a vampire is a flaw.

Last edited:

Well there's a dark elephant in the room.

Which is that whoever comes in needs to persuade VVD, Alisson, Trent, Konate and others to stay and commit.

Obviously it can't be a popularity contest. Liverpool doesn't do player power. Rather, whoever comes in needs to have enough charisma, personality and Magnetism feel a Klopp sized hole, so that these guys will feel they NEED to stay.

I'm not sure about some of the candidates tbh even the ones that I think is the best candidate may falter in this test.

Really? Aren't Villa the highest pressing team in the PL (or something like that)? Plays a back four, great defensive record (4th best in the PL), Villa were 16th when he took over.

Yeah, I've not seen as much of the 4-3-3 usage described but I guess he is comfortable doing it in a more expansive team with quality and possession.

Yeah. I think if you could either get Emery or Alonso and you pick Alonso because you imagined it was you he was kissing instead of Gerrard, you're an idiot.

Emery did get rejected by arsenal, and they were fucking dumb for doing it and wasted time. They gave arteta that time because he was one of theirs and a more handsome face. Are we seriously saying "let's follow the example of arsenal supporters."

Emery is like the exact opposite of Klopp. Boring and dull. Big fat NO.

Xabi is the only one for me. Nobody comes close.

We aren't going to get anyone that fills the character of klopp, but we will get over it if we win shit. I think a boring choice isnt a bad one.

Any manager who doesn't win anything all you cunts will end up hating all of the idiosyncrasies you found enjoyable for a few months or a year.

Emery is like the exact opposite of Klopp. Boring and dull. Big fat NO.

Xabi is the only one for me. Nobody comes close.

Emery told me to pass on a message to you.

Plus, no one cares about your personal feelings and what makes ya knob frob.

FY-7D3IWAAM43E0.jpg:large

Yeah if you like the european Mickey mouse cup so much (which we’ll likely win this season anyways) then put your money where your mouth is and change your vote to dull dracula.

What I’m picking up is that each of the candidates for the job have flaws and areas of concern - unlike when Klopp was appointed, where he ticked every important box.

This is a lot more concerning than I want it to be.

People doubted klopp too. You just haven't cast your mind back.

One of the red flags was he lost almost every final.

I remember people not loving klopp the first year and even beyond. Yes his charisma helped but the team learning how to "play fucking football" did more than anything.

What do you guys think - if Southgate quits after the next tournament, that Klopp may be given an offer ? - if he was do you think he would take it above taking the German coaching job ?

Yeah I am one of them, it was getting a bit scary though wasn't it ? - we lost 3 finals in a row, and before we won the CL we lost the league by 1 point, there is feeling good, but then there is just sheer bad luck a person can bring as well.

What do you guys think - if Southgate quits after the next tournament, that Klopp may be given an offer ? - if he was do you think he would take it above taking the German coaching job ?

I doubt it, personally.

I know England had foreign managers in the past but I don't get the impression that the FA are really wanting to do that again.

For the record, I very much think Klopp would take the Germany manager job above anything.

I remember people not loving klopp the first year and even beyond. Yes his charisma helped but the team learning how to "play fucking football" did more than anything.
really ? I remembered 90% of 6CM adored Klopp and his heavy metal football, and Oncy alone made up half of that percentage.

really ? I remembered 90% of 6CM adored Klopp and his heavy metal football, and Oncy alone made up half of that percentage.
So do I, - the journey was wonderful, the highs and lows it was just great. We were not a robot team like City which I think is an abomination of the 1982 Brazil team.

Really? Are you clutching your pearls at the idea that this site has some contrarians, smarter than everyone in the room cunts, and plonkers (ok, some of them left) that didn't get onboard?

There were doubters for a while, there were grumblings when we lost the final. There weren't very convincing results for a little while. We had a bunch of shit players and a year in there were plenty of people who were still waiting to see what would happen. They weren't even wrong, exactly, to think that. It's easy to remember it differently in retrospect.

Last edited:
If Klopp takes the Germany manager role in the next year or so, I’m putting the mortgage on the Germans bringing home the next World Cup.

The only scepticism about Klopp for me was thinking he just had a great PR agent because all the media endorsed him and I never heard anyone speak badly about him (which didn't seem natural in a game full of dickheads). Like him looking like too great of a fit or something

If Klopp takes the Germany manager role in the next year or so, I’m putting the mortgage on the Germans bringing home the next World Cup.
Well we all know what motivated Germans are capable of.

the Barcelona Xavi is an interesting one. Seems like Barcelona is the problem there, not the manager who could you take?

a-espncdn-com.jpg

Really? Are you clutching your pearls at the idea that this site has some contrarians, smarter than everyone in the room cunts, and plonkers (ok, some of them left) that didn't get onboard?

There were doubters for a while, there were grumblings when we lost the final. There weren't very convincing results for a little while. We had a bunch of shit players and a year in there were plenty of people who were still waiting to see what would happen. They weren't even wrong, exactly, to think that. It's easy to remember it differently in retrospect.
Nah not me. I fell in love with Klopp the minute he coined that famous phrase bout changing doubters to believers. And that goofy grin and hugs. Never doubted him for one sec.

I remember we called his style Gegendepressing for a while - but that was while he was coping with the trash he inherited.

Mind you - that probably didn’t change when he signed the “shithouse ghost”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom