• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers - Jan 2014 window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorginho - Napoli (undisclosed fee, reportedly €5.5m for co-ownership and another €5m for permanent transfer)
BeRmciQIYAAyhCb.jpg

[article]Jorginho is officially a Napoli player after completing his transfer from Hellas Verona.

The 22-year-old creative midfielder was already in Naples today to undergo a medical and whittle down the final details of the contract.

This afternoon Verona released a statement confirming they sold half of Jorginho’s ownership to Napoli for an undisclosed fee.

It is reported this cost €5.5m and Napoli will pay a further €5m at the end of the season to make the move permanent.

He signed a contract until June 2018 and will wear the Number 8 jersey.

“I am happy to wear the Napoli jersey, as this is a great club with wonderful fans. It’ll be fantastic to play at the San Paolo and I can’t wait to start my Azzurri adventure,” he told the official club website.

Jorge Luiz Frello Filho was born in Brazil, but has been in Italy for many years and plays his international football for the Azzurri.[/article]

Traore has signed for Monaco, right? And they've loaned him out straight away to Everton? Weird.

Santiago Vergini - Sunderland (loan)
Vergini-web-2.jpg

[article=http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/january/defender-vergini-joins]Sunderland AFC have signed Argentinian defender Santiago Vergini on loan until the end of the season.

The 25-year old centre-back, who was on loan with Argentine Primera club Estudiantes from his Uruguayan parent club Atletico Fenix, will spend the rest of the campaign on Wearside.

Vergini becomes the second arrival at the Stadium of Light this month and will wear the number 27 shirt.

The centre-back began his career in Paraguay with Olimpia before playing in Europe with Italian club Verona in 2011.

After a spell with Newell’s Old Boys, Vergini joined Estudiantes in 2013. He won his first cap for the Argentina national team in 2012.[/article]

Oscar Ustari - Sunderland (free transfer)
Ustari-1.jpg

[article=http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/january/black-cats-seal-ustari-deal]Sunderland AFC have signed Argentinian goalkeeper Oscar Ustari until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old stopper arrives on Wearside following a stint with Spanish club Almeria, whom he joined from South American giants Boca Juniors last year.

Ustari becomes the third player to join Sunderland this month, following the arrivals of defenders Marcos Alonso and Santiago Vergini.
The goalkeeper has won two caps for Argentina’s national side, as well as representing his country at the 2008 Beijing Olympic games.

Ustari began his career in his native Argentina with Independiente, scoring for the club from the penalty spot. He later joined Spanish club Getafe in in 2007 where he spent five years before returning to Argentina.[/article]
2nd Argentinian signing in 2 days.

Ola Toivonen - Rennes (€2.5M)
28130.jpg

[article]Stade Rennais FC have finished their long search for striking reinforcements by capturing Sweden forward Ola Toivonen.

Toivonen, 27, joins from PSV Eindhoven in the Netherlands and has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at the Stade de la Route de Lorient. The tall forward, capable of playing as the attacking spearhead or behind an out-and-out striker, follows in the footsteps of compatriots such as Kim Källström, Andreas Isaksson, Erik Edman and Peter Hansson by pulling on the red and black jersey in Brittany.

Toivonen arrives having featured irregularly this season at PSV under Philip Cocu. However, he had previously been a key player at the Philips Stadion and notably scored 18 goals in the Eredivisie in the 2011-12 season. He won the Dutch Cup that season and went on to represent Sweden at Euro 2012.

"He is a very technical player who impressed me when I came up against him in a friendly match when I was at Valenciennes. I remember that he played his part in the beating that we took in that game," said Rennes coach Philippe Montanier, whose side lie in a lowly 15th place in the table.

"He is not going to change everything on his own but he will give us something extra. It doesn't matter if he is big, small, blond...The objective is to have a talented and valuable player. He has always played as a striker, even if he has dropped a little deeper in Eindhoven, where they have a little phenomenon in that position (Memphis Depay). That proves his versatility."

As Toivonen arrives, Rennes have allowed goalkeeper Abdoulaye Diallo to join Ligue 2 club Havre AC on a six-month loan deal. That is because the Normandy outfit have sold France under-21 international 'keeper Zacharie Boucher to Toulouse FC for a reported €1.5 million. Boucher, who has made 65 appearances in Ligue 2, has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at Le Stadium, where he will compete for the number one spot with Ali Ahamada.[/article]

Diego Forlan - Cerezo Osaka
BemqbR8IMAAaH2w.jpg

[article=http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/diego-forlan-joins-japanese-club-cerezo-osaka?#ixzz2rD7LMBoF]Diego Forlan, the Uruguayan striker, has joined Japanese club Cerezo Osaka on an 18-month contract.

The former Independiente, Manchester United, Villarreal, Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan striker will leave Brazilian club Internacional and join his new club in time for the new season which starts on March 1.

Forlan, 34, had been with the Porto Alegre club since 2012, but finances are tight at a club who have been forced to play their home games elsewhere while their stadium is rebuilt for the World Cup. He started well for Inter and was the top goalscorer in last season’s Guacho championship; but the inexperienced side struggled in the Brazilian league and dismissed their coach Dunga. They also sold Forlan’s Brazilian international strike partner Leandro Damiao to Santos for R$41 million (Dh63.4m).

It is a coup for Cerezo to sign the twice European golden boot winner who was also the joint top goalscorer in the last World Cup finals, where he won the Golden Ball for being the tournament’s best player.

Forlan won wide praise in Japan for his performance in a friendly there in August, scoring twice in a 4-2 win against the fellow World Cup finalists. His strike partner Luis Suarez was at the heart of both goals.

Forlan was happy at Inter and living in Brazil ahead of the World Cup finals, but speculation began to mount about his departure in recent weeks, with offers from North America and Europe. Brazilian side Botafogo were understood to be keen to sign him to spearhead their Copa Libertadores campaign. Their player manager Clarence Seedorf left them for coach AC Milan last week, freeing up space in their budget. But much as Forlan would like to play in the Libertadores, his club were understood to be reluctant to sell him to a domestic rival – just as Forlan did not want to leave Inter and play for a domestic rival.

“I was happy at Inter and had a great relationship with everyone, but the one offer which stood out for me was from Japan,” Forlan said as he signed the forms to complete the negotiations at his home in Porto Alegre on Tuesday. “I’ve played in Japan three or four times and always enjoyed the atmosphere in the stadiums, what culture I’ve seen and the people have always been very friendly. I’m really looking forward to joining Cerezo and doing my best for my new team.”

Forlan has no fears about the J League hampering his chances of being in the Uruguay squad for the World Cup finals.

“It’s not the Premier League or La Liga, but the standard of football is high, improving and the league is very competitive,” Forlan said. “I saw Cerezo draw with Manchester United pre-season and they were praised for playing so well. I’m also in really good condition and want to play for as long as possible. Cerezo are a well established club with huge support in from a big city. I’m really excited about the move.”

Cerezo, who count Shinji Kagawa among their former players, finished fourth in the 2013 J League, four points behind champions Sanfrecce Hiroshima. Just nine points separated the top eight clubs, with Cerezo one of four teams to qualify for the 2014 AFC Champions League alongside UAE sides Al Ain, Al Ahli, Al Jazira and Baniyas. The winner of this will play in the 2014 Fifa Club World Cup.

Forlan will be the highest profile player in the 20-year-old J League, whose new season starts on March 1, but breaks from May 17 to July 19 to help players prepare for the World Cup finals. Cerezo’s Japanese internationals Yoichiro Kakitani and Hotaru Yamaguchi will appreciate the break – as will Forlan.[/article]

Albert Rusnak - Birmingham City (loan)
4x3101-1308355_478x359.jpg

[article= http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20140121-albert-rusnak-wings-in-to-blues-1307468.aspx#AlMisvgyI6bX5dSh.99]Blues have completed the loan signing of teenage Manchester City attacking midfielder Albert Rusnak.

The 19-year-old Slovakia U21 international has joined Blues on a one-month youth loan up to and including Saturday 22 February.

The forward, whose preferred position is the 'number ten' role, has been with City since moving to the Etihad Stadium from Slovakian side MFK Košice in 2010.

A regular for City's Development Squad, he has yet to make a competitive first-team start for the Barclays Premier League title-chasers.

However, earlier this season he spent a short spell out on loan at Sky Bet League One side Oldham Athletic, where he made three appearances for the Latics.

Rusnak, who will wear first-team squad number 35, comes into contention for this Saturday's FA Cup with Budweiser fourth-round tie against Swansea City at St. Andrew's (3pm kick-off).

"Albert is a player I know well," Clark told bcfc.com. "He plays in a Jesse Lingard-type of role and is a similar type of player. I wouldn't be saying that he'll probably go and score four on his debut but we're really excited by him.

"I spoke to Patrick Viera at Manchester City and he has really high hopes for Albert to be in and amongst their array of mega talent next season in their first- team squad. We're delighted that Patrick and Manchester City have allowed Albert to come to us. We're looking forward to working with him.

Rusnak will now come straight into the manager's thoughts ahead of the visit of Swansea City on Saturday (3pm kick-off) in the fourth round of the FA Cup with Budweiser.

Clark added: "We've been given permission to play him in the FA Cup by City so we'll be looking to put him in there for Saturday.

"The type of players that we now have in the midfield areas are all talented ball players and that gives us the possibility to change one or two things higher up the pitch. All the strikers that we have give us something different so Albert will be able to link up with them." [/article]

Eduardo Vargas - Valencia (loan)
Be-gz0gCAAAMzqx.jpg

[article]Valencia CF has reached an agreement with la Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli for the loan of the Chilean, Eduardo Vargas until the 30th June 2014. Vargas, the Chilean International will arrive on Saturday, 25th January.

Vargas, one of the most contrasted and emerging players of Chilean football, has recently played in Brazil for Gremio de Porto Alegre. Eduardo, born in Renca, Santiago de Chile on the 20th November 1989, has participated in 48 matches during the season and has scored a total of 13 goals.

An interesting stat is that Vargas holds the Chilean record for scoring 7 goals in 6 consecutive matches, two of which came on the friendly match versus Spain which was played in Geneva on the 2nd September 2013.

Eduardo Vargas on ‘valenciacf.com’ has said that he is “excited to take on this new challenge in my career. I am very proud that an important such as Valencia has fixed their eyes on me, and now my only goal is to deliver and return that confidence in me”.

In regards to his new coach, the Chilean International has stated: “I’ve been told that he works really well and that he’s a demanding coach that calls for intensity from his players. I hope to provide that strength in these upcoming months in Valencia so that we can meet the goals that we set”.[/article]

Alex Telles - Galatasaray (€6.15 million)
BeimCOcCMAAm-Oy.jpg

[article]Galatasaray AŞ have concluded their lengthy search for a left-back by signing Alex Telles from Grêmio Foot-ball Porto Alegrense for €6.15m.

The former Juventude EC defender, 21, has penned a four-and-a-half-year contract with the Turkish champions. He joined Grêmio 12 months ago and immediately became a fixture in a side then coached by Vanderlei Luxemburgo, scoring once in 26 Brazilian Série A outings and featuring three times in the Copa Libertadores.

Galatasaray coach Roberto Mancini said: "I have been following him for almost four months. He is a strong, pacey player who uses his left foot very well. In addition to this, he is young but has significant experience. It will take some time for Alex Telles to get used to the league and his team-mates. However, he is an ideal player for the left-back position."[/article]

Daniel Ayala - Middlesbrough (undisclosed fee)
0,,1~12380415,00.jpg

[article=http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/news/latest/0,,1~3636501,00.html]SPANISH central defender Daniel Ayala has joined Boro for an undisclosed fee after agreeing a three-and-a-half-year contract.

The 23-year-old's 93-day emergency loan from Norwich City expired earlier this week and Boro moved quickly to agree a deal with the Canaries.
He becomes manager Aitor Karanka's first permanent signing.

Ayala has made 12 starts and one substitute appearance for Boro, scoring three goals, a towering header on his debut in the 4-0 win over Doncaster Rovers at the Riverside and further strikes against Watford and Birmingham City.

He began his career with Boro's UEFA Cup conquerors Sevilla before Rafa Benitez signed him for Liverpool in 2007.

He made five Premier League appearances for the Anfield club and, after successful loan spells with Hull City and Derby County, joined the Canaries in August 2011, signing a four-year deal.

Standing 6ft 3ins tall, Ayala, who has one Spain U21 cap, spent the 2012-13 season on loan with Nottingham Forest.

He is eligible to play in tomorrow's big against leaders Leicester City.[/article]

Antonio Nocerino - West Ham (loan)
Be1NY7rIAAAXDq6.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20140125/hammers-net-nocerino_2236884_3637594]West Ham United are delighted to announce the arrival of AC Milan midfielder Antonio Nocerino on loan until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has been capped by his country on 15 occasions, going to the 2008 Beijing Olympics and Euro 2012, where he scored one of the penalties that knocked out England at the quarter-final stage.

Born in Naples, Nocerino's career began at Juventus, where he played 32 league games, as well as gaining experience with loan spells at the likes of Genoa, Messina and Piacenza.

He moved on to Palermo in 2008 and went on to establish himself at the Sicilian club in a three-year spell which yielded 106 league outings and six goals.

After helping the Rosanero qualify for the UEFA Europa League, Nocerino left for AC Milan in the summer of 2011, making his UEFA Champions League debut shortly afterwards when Milan drew 2-2 with Barcelona.

His first goal for Milan came against his former club Palermo, and a successful first season at the San Siro also included a hat-trick in a 4-1 victory over Parma.

The Neapolitan notched eleven goals in all in the 2011/12 campaign and backed that up with a further 31 appearances last term.

With eleven Serie A games and two appearances in the Champions League under his belt in 2013/14, Nocerino will now be bringing his talents to the Barclays Premier League with the Hammers.[/article]

Nico Yennaris - Brentford (undisclosed fee)
nico-4x3277-1318639_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/nico-yennaris-signs-27.01.14-1318813.aspx#5KOk83pTegCVkw5l.99]Brentford have signed England Under-19 international Nico Yennaris from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old, who can play in defence and midfield, linked up with The Bees this morning.

He signed a two and a half year deal and will be available for Brentford’s Sky Bet League One match against Bristol City at Griffin Park tomorrow, Tuesday January 28.

The contract will keep him at Griffin Park until 2016.

Mark Warburton, Brentford FC Manager, said: “Nico is a player we have watched for many years as he has come through the Academy at Arsenal.

“He is a very talented player, technically good and physically sound.

“He has a real tactical astuteness for a young player.

“Nico has shown great flexibility in terms of positioning, appearing for Arsenal at right back, left back and in midfield.

“Nico is in the same age category as George Saville, Jake Bidwell and Marcello Trotta.

“He is a talented young player and I am sure he will have a bright future at Brentford Football Club.

“We are delighted to secure him permanently.

“I thank the senior staff at Arsenal for their help in finalising the deal.”

Nico, which is short for Nicholas, came through the ranks at Arsenal, having joined The Gunners at the age of seven.

He signed his first professional deal in 2010, just after his 17th birthday, and made his debut in October 2011 in a League Cup tie against Bolton Wanderers.

Nico has made four appearances in total for Arsenal, including one in a Premier League game against Manchester United.

He also played for Arsenal at Under-21 level and captained The Gunners in the NextGen Series, the Under-19 tournament for the Academy teams at some of Europe’s top clubs.

Nico has also had loan spells at Notts County and AFC Bournemouth and represented England at Under-17, Under-18 and Under-19 level.

He has played ten times for his country at all levels.

Nico will wear the number 28 shirt.[/article]

Michael Essien - AC Milan (free transfer)
mce1.jpg

[article]Milan and Chelsea have confirmed that Michael Essien has completed his transfer to the Rossoneri.

After undergoing medical tests over the weekend, the Ghanaian arrived at Milanello this morning to sign off on reported 18-month contract.

Chelsea have now made official the news of his departure in posting a lengthy farewell message on their official website, whilst Milan have posted a welcome message through their official Twitter account with the above image included.

The Diavolo confirmed earlier today on their website that the 31-year-old is to be presented to the Italian media tomorrow afternoon, and then later followed that with a brief statement that he has signed until June 2015.

The player then took to Twitter to comment on the move himself: “Just signed my contract to join one of the best clubs in the world. I’m very happy and looking forward to winning with the team #ForzaMilan”

Essien’s deal with the Rossoneri is apparently worth €1.25m for the current campaign and €2.5m next season, plus a €500,000 bonus for Champions League qualification.
[/article]

David Ngog - Swansea (undisclosed fee)
Be_oIDSCQAApv3m.jpg

Swansea stock piling ex-Liverpool players?
[article]Swansea City have today completed the signing of Bolton striker David Ngog.

Ngog, whose contract at Bolton was due to expire this summer, has joined for an undisclosed fee until the end of the season after he underwent a successful medical in Swansea this afternoon.

The 24-year-old, who started his career with Paris Saint-Germain, gives Michael Laudrup further attacking options with club-record signing Wilfried Bony and loanee Alvaro Vazquez the only fit forwards while Michu is injured.

Ngog, who trains with his new team-mates for the first time this afternoon, is hoping to be given Premier League approval to feature in Tuesday night’s league fixture with Fulham at the Liberty.

A graduate of PSG’s youth academy, Ngog then broke into the first team, where he played 18 times for the French giants.

Identified as a hugely promising talent by Liverpool’s scouting team, then manager Rafa Benitez took him to Anfield in a £1.5million deal.

Ngog spent three years with the Reds, scoring 19 goals in 94 games, where he gained experience in European competitions having featured in their Europa League and Champions League campaigns.

The striker joined Bolton for £4million in August 2011, but he couldn’t prevent the Trotters from relegation in the top-flight.

Last season, Ngog scored eight times in 31 appearances as Bolton missed out on a play-off spot via goal difference.

On the international stage, Ngog has represented France from Under-16-Under-21 level, scoring 24 goals in 46 games for his country through that period.[/article]

Luuk de Jong - Newcastle (loan with option to buy)
0,,10278~12557796,00.jpg

[article=http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140129/newcastle-complete-de-jong-capture_2281670_3644177]Newcastle United have completed the signing of Dutch international striker Luuk de Jong.

The 23-year-old arrives at St. James' Park from Borussia Monchengladbach on loan to the end of the season, with an option to make the move permanent.

De Jong will wear the Magpies' number 18 shirt and is eligible to make his debut in Saturday's Tyne-Wear derby against Sunderland.

The front man began his career with De Graafschap in his homeland before enjoying a prolific three-year spell with FC Twente.

He signed for Monchengladbach in July 2012 and was part of the Holland squad which competed in the European Championships that summer.

"Newcastle is a great club and I have a good feeling about it," said de Jong.

"I am very impressed with the stadium and training ground and have been made to feel very welcome by everyone I have met.

"It has been a tough season for me so far but I am here to play games and want to be important for the team, and successful with goals and assists.

"I am really looking forward to playing for Newcastle."

Newcastle United Director of Football, Joe Kinnear, said: "We're delighted to bring Luuk de Jong to the Club.

"He has an excellent pedigree and will add significantly to our striking options.

"We've been watching him for a little while now and I am sure he will prove to be a valuable acquisition for us.

"He's a great character and a proven goalscorer who I know is very keen to replicate the prolific form he showed for FC Twente in the Eredivisie."[/article]

Yohan Cabaye - PSG (reportedly €20 million with an additional €5 million in bonuses)
65397.jpg

[article=http://www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/65397/Yohan-Cabaye-joins-Paris-until-June-2017]PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN is delighted to announce the transfer Yohan Cabaye to the capital club from Newcastle United until June 2017. He will wear the No.4 jersey.

Crowned French champion and winner of the Coupe de France in 2011 with Lille, Yohan Cabaye, also reached the last-16 of the Champions League. He has played 26 for France and will most likely add his name to the long list of Paris Saint-Germain players taking part in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

"Wanted by a number of prestigious clubs, the new Parisian midfielder has chosen to join Paris Saint-Germain. The transfer of Yohan Cabaye is further proof of the club's capacity to attract the best French and overseas players. We are expecially delighted to welcome him to the Paris Saint-Germain family to help the in its upcoming challenges in the second half of the season," declared Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al Khelaifi.

"I was won over by the ambitious project at Paris Saint Germain and I can't wait to join this exceptional squad and help the team reach its objectives in France and in Europe," declared Yohan Cabaye.

Born in Tourcoing in 1986, Yohan Cabaye joined Lille OSC in 2003 where, after completing his academy training, he began his professional career in the 2004-05 season. As early as his second season, he became a first-choice player and made his UEFA Champions League debut in 2005. He played 254 matches with the LOSC with whom he won the 2011 Ligue 1 championship.

After transferring to Newcastle United in 2011 he enjoyed his first experience of an overseas league, quickly imposing himself in the Magpies midfield in the Premier League. He scored four goals this season.
[/article]

Danny Fox - Nottingham Forest (loan until end of the season, followed by free transfer)
danny-fox-signs-4340-1327398_478x359.jpg

[article= http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/fox-trots-in-1326533.aspx#yb7T59r9YQDfmkOQ.99]Nottingham Forest have signed Southampton left-back Danny Fox on an initial loan deal until the end of the 2013-14 season.

Fox has also agreed a three-year contract at The City Ground, which will take effect after the conclusion of his loan agreement.

The 27 year old had been at St Mary's since 2011. He made 69 outings for The Saints, scoring his only goal for the club in a 6-1 defeat at Arsenal in September 2012.

A product of Everton’s esteemed Academy, Fox's early career saw him embark on loan spells with Gateshead and Stranraer before he joined Walsall on a free transfer in 2005.

He made 188 appearances and scored six times for The Saddlers during a three-year stay and his potential was spotted by Coventry, who took him to The Ricoh Arena in January 2008.

A specialist set-piece taker, Fox made 63 outings for The Sky Blues and was named the club’s Player of the Year in 2009 before moving to Scottish giants Celtic.

Fox experienced Europa League football during his six-month stay at Parkhead before joining then-Premier League side Burnley.The defender made an instant impact at Turf Moor, scoring on his debut in a 2-1 win over West Ham United, but he was unable to prevent The Clarets from being relegated to the Championship and made the switch to St Mary's.

Fox has four caps for Scotland and brings a wealth of Premier League experience to Trentside.[/article]

Rafik Djebbour - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed fee, reportedly £1.2million)
924958_2.jpg

[article=http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/reds-sign-djebbour-1314192.aspx#OId05hvY2yck1APX.99]The 29 year old, who has been on loan at Turkish side Sivasspor from Greek Champions Olympiacos this season, has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at The City Ground.

Djebbour boasts an impressive strike rate – he scored 39 goals in 56 league games for Olympiacos, 20 of which came last season as he ended the campaign as the division’s top scorer.

He also possesses Champions League experience and has netted in victories against the likes of Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund.

The France-born forward began his career at Auxerre before building a career for himself in Greece. In 2008 he joined AEK Athens where he scored 22 league goals in 58 appearances, a record which prompted his move to Olympiacos.

A compatriot of Reds winger Djamal Abdoun, Djebbour has 32 caps for Algeria and will now be looking to make his mark in England.[/article]

William Kvist - Fulham (loan with option to buy)
BfOoMzICUAAmRF4.jpg

[article=http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/january/30/kvist-arrives]The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of William Kvist on loan until the end of the season.

Kvist arrives from German outfit VfB Stuttgart, and Fulham have an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.

A central midfielder by trade, the 28-year-old began his career in his native Denmark with FC Copenhagen, where he featured in the UEFA Champions League alongside Brede Hangeland.

After six years with Copenhagen, he moved to Stuttgart in the summer of 2011 where he once again tasted European football, this time in the Europa League.

Kvist has more than 40 caps for his national side and was part of the Denmark squad at both the 2010 World Cup and 2012 European Championships.

"I’m very pleased to have got the deal done and I’m looking forward to contributing to this fantastic Club," William told fulhamfc.com. "Of course I’ve heard a lot of good things from Brede and it’s been a target of mine to come here so I’m delighted to be here really.

"The Premier League is the biggest league in the world. I’ve played in the Bundesliga which is also a really nice league, but this is the biggest challenge you could get as a footballer – this is the motherland of football. When I was a child I used to just watch English football on television so it’s amazing being here.

"I just had my first training session and it was perfect. It was good to get to know the guys and talk to René Meulensteen about the tactical concepts and what his ideas are so I’m very much looking forward to my time here.

"Of course I would like to be involved against Southampton but the Head Coach will see if I’m fit and able to play – I think I am, although I haven’t played for Stuttgart this year, but I’m feeling fit and motivated."[/article]

Danilo D'Ambrosio - Inter Milan (reportedly €1.5 million + youth player in exchange)
BfOhw4bIYAAVL1P.jpg

[article=http://www.inter.it/en/news/44797]Danilo D'Ambrosio is now an Inter player. The relevant documentation was submitted to the Lega Serie A offices this morning, confirming the defender's move from Torino to the Nerazzurri. The Neapolitan, 25, has signed a deal until 30 June 2018.
[/article]

Andres Guardado - Bayer 04 Leverkusen (loan with option to buy)
Dorlan Pabon - Sao Paulo (loan)
Helder Postiga - Lazio (loan with option to buy)
[article]Valencia CF have reached an agreement for the loan of Dorlan Pabón to Sao Paulo, through to June 30th, 2015. The Colombian striker has passed a medical for the Brazilian club and has already begun training with his new team.

Deals have also been reached, pending the relevant medicals, for the loans of Hélder Postiga to S.S. Lazio and Andrés Guardado to Bayer 04 Leverkusen, with both agreements holding an option to buy at the end of the current season.

Postiga and Guardado have today travelled to Rome and Leverkusen, respectively, to undergo their medicals with the permission of Valencia CF.[/article]

Abdul Razak - West Ham
_69605963_177202670.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20140130/hammers-snap-up-razak_2236884_3644036]West Ham United are pleased to announce the signing of Ivory Coast international Abdul Razak on a short-term contract.

The 21-year-old is a highly-rated midfielder who began his career with Manchester City and most recently played for Russian Premier League side Anzhi Makhachkala.

Razak, who made his Premier League debut at 18, will add athleticism and ability to Sam Allardyce's squad.

The midfielder was born in the city of Bouaké, which is also called home by his former Manchester City team-mates Yaya and Kolo Toure, before moving to England as a boy.

He quickly established himself in City's Development Squad before forcing himself into Roberto Mancini's plans, making a first-team debut at 18 in a Premier League fixture with West Bromwich Albion on 5 February 2011.

A maiden start arrived in September of the same year, when Razak helped City to a 2-0 League Cup third-round win over Birmingham City. He also featured in subsequent victories over Wolverhampton Wanderers and Arsenal in the same competition.

The youngster joined Anzhi, initially on loan, in September 2013, and made eleven appearances for the Russian side in all competitions, including two starts against Tottenham Hotspur in the UEFA Europa League.

At international level, Razak has been capped five times by Ivory Coast since making his senior debut in a 3-0 friendly win in Austria in November 2012. He also started the Elephants' 2-2 group-stage draw with Algeria at the 2013 CAF Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.[/article]

Ignacio Scocco - Sunderland (undisclosed fee, reportedly £3 million)
BfOq3AnCYAEJgO6.jpg

[article=http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/january/striker-scocco-joins]Sunderland have sealed a fourth January transfer with the arrival of Argentinian international forward Ignacio Scocco.

The 28-year-old, who has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal, arrives from South American club Internacional for an undisclosed fee.

Born in Hughes, Argentina, Scocco emerged with Newell’s Old Boys in his homeland and won an Apertura championship with the club in 2004.

After moving on to Mexican side Pumas UNAM – scoring 18 league goals in 53 appearances – Scocco headed to Europe to join AEK Athens in 2008.

He scored 28 league goals – including a number of spectacular strikes – for the Greek club, making 88 appearances in all.

A stint in the Middle East with Al-Ain followed, before a successful spell back in Argentina with Newell’s in 2012-13 yielded 24 goals in 33 league appearances.

Scocco, who joined Internacional in June 2013, has been capped once by his country, marking his debut with two goals against Brazil in November 2012.[/article]
£8.5 million spent on Joxy Altidore wasted?

Lacina Traore - Everton (loan)
zp_np6_Everton_New_Signing_FN0P2183_3720.jpg

[article]Lacina Traore chose a loan move to Everton over West Ham because he prefers the Toffees' style of play.

The Hammers appeared to be the favourites to sign the 23-year old after they applied for a work permit on his behalf.

However, the 6ft 8in Ivory Coast forward opted to join Roberto Martinez's side on loan from Monaco for the remainder of the season.

"The style of Everton suited my technical ability," said Traore.

Traore said the opportunity to play for a side committed to attacking football was a factor in his decision to move to Goodison Park.

"I looked at the styles of play of the two teams we are talking about and the way in which Everton play is more of a passing side," he added. "It was quite close but Everton was my choice.

Traore only moved to Monaco from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala at the start of January, but the Ligue 1 club were happy to allow him to go out on loan to get more games.[/article]

Ignacio Scocco - Sunderland (undisclosed fee, reportedly £3 million)
BfOq3AnCYAEJgO6.jpg

[article=http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/january/striker-scocco-joins]Sunderland have sealed a fourth January transfer with the arrival of Argentinian international forward Ignacio Scocco.

The 28-year-old, who has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal, arrives from South American club Internacional for an undisclosed fee.

Born in Hughes, Argentina, Scocco emerged with Newell’s Old Boys in his homeland and won an Apertura championship with the club in 2004.

After moving on to Mexican side Pumas UNAM – scoring 18 league goals in 53 appearances – Scocco headed to Europe to join AEK Athens in 2008.

He scored 28 league goals – including a number of spectacular strikes – for the Greek club, making 88 appearances in all.

A stint in the Middle East with Al-Ain followed, before a successful spell back in Argentina with Newell’s in 2012-13 yielded 24 goals in 33 league appearances.

Scocco, who joined Internacional in June 2013, has been capped once by his country, marking his debut with two goals against Brazil in November 2012.[/article]
£8.5 million spent on Joxy Altidore wasted?

They must have a lot of strikers now?
Borini
Wickham they just recalled
Fletcher
This guy
Altidore

They must have a lot of strikers now?
Borini
Wickham they just recalled
Fletcher
This guy
Altidore

Yeah. Weird decision to recall Wickham, who was enjoying a bit of form with 8 goals in 11 league appearances for Sheff Wed. Might yet be loaned out again. Borini would probably be an option along the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom