• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers - Jan 2014 window

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Clint Dempsey - Fulham (2 month loan)
DempseyPlaceholder.ashx

[article=http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/24/dempsey-deal-sealed]Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the two-month loan signing of Clint Dempsey from MLS side Seattle Sounders FC.

The 30-year-old midfielder returns to Craven Cottage having first signed a permanent deal for the Club in January 2007 from New England Revolution. He will wear shirt number 32.

During five-and-a-half seasons at Fulham, Dempsey scored 60 goals in 225 appearances. Arguably the most memorable of his strikes was the fourth goal in a 4-1 victory against Juventus in the UEFA Europa League which completed a dramatic comeback over two legs en route to the inaugural 2010 Final.

Dempsey also scored the only goal of the match against Liverpool at Craven Cottage in May 2007 which secured Premier League football for the Whites the following season.

He was voted Fulham’s 2011/12 Player of the Season by the fans for a second consecutive term before signing for Tottenham Hotspur in August 2012.[/article]

Jan Kirchhoff - Schalke (18 month loan)
12830_131227_kirchhoff_658x370.jpg

[article=http://www.schalke04.de/en/news/131227_kirchhoff/page/701--86-86-.html]Schalke had to contend with considerable injury problems in the first of the current campaign. Several first-team regulars were sidelined for months at a time; some are still ruled out in the medium term. For two players – Marco Höger and Dennis Aogo – the season is already over after their cruciate ligament tears. With action needing to be taken to compensate for these losses, the Royal Blues have elected to sign Jan Kirchhoff from Bayern Munich on an 18-month loan deal.

The versatile defender, who can be used in both central defence and holding midfield, has been handed a contract with the club until 30 June 2015.

"We're delighted the loan deal has gone through because I'm convinced that Jan will be able to help us," said general manager Horst Heldt. "He can play at centre-back or in defensive midfield and stands out on account of his heading game, his passing and his tackling." Kirchhoff joined Bayern from FSV Mainz this summer and made a total of 11 competitive appearances in the Bundesliga, the DFB Cup and the Champions League for the league leaders.

Born in Frankfurt am Main on 1 January 1990, Kirchhoff started playing football at the early age of five, remaining at his initial club, Spielvereinigung Kickers 16 Frankfurt, until 1999, when he was spotted by Eintracht Frankfurt. After an eight-year spell with the Eagles he made the switch to Mainz, with whom he won the German Under-19 Championship in 2009. The 1.95m Germany Under-21 international made his Bundesliga debut in 2010 and went on to make a total of 57 top-flight appearances for the club before joining Bayern Munich this summer.[/article]

Marcos Alonso - Sunderland (loan till end of season)
Marcos%20Alonso%207.jpg

[article=http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2013/december/alonso-signs?]Sunderland AFC have confirmed that Fiorentina defender Marcos Alonso will join the club from Wednesday 1 January until the end of the season.

The 23-year old started his career with Spanish giants Real Madrid, before spending three years in England with Bolton Wanderers, winning the Trotters’ Player of the Season for the 2012-13 campaign.

The former Spanish U19 defender then moved to Fiorentina last summer, making eight appearances for the Italian club.

Sunderland Head Coach Gus Poyet said: “Marcos is a player that I have known well for a very long time. He was desperate to come and play for Sunderland and he is a player I am excited to work with.”

Alonso could make his Black Cats debut in the FA Cup with Budweiser Third Round tie against Carlisle United next Sunday.[/article]

On a sidenote, Dortmund had to sign free agent Manuel Friedrich (34 yo) to ease their injuries woes whereas BM could 'give away' their summer signing (a free transfer) to Schalke for 1.5 yrs. Just go to show the gulf between the 2 clubs as well as BM's shrewd move in the market.

[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2531602/Luis-Suarez-Andy-Carroll-Fernando-Torres-The-best-worst-January-transfer-window.html]YEAR-BY-YEAR JANUARY SPENDING
2003: £35m
2004: £50m
2005: £50m
2006: £70m
2007: £60m
2008: £175m
2009: £170m
2010: £30m
2011: £225m
2012: £60m
2013: £120m

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW FACTS AND FIGURES
Largest amount spent by one club: Chelsea, £75m, 2011
Biggest buy of first window in 2003: Jonathan Woodgate (Leeds to Newcastle) £9m
Most expensive player: Fernando Torres (Liverpool to Chelsea) £50m
Most expensive British player: Andy Carroll (Newcastle to Liverpool) £35m[/article]

Jaanai Gordon - West Ham
0,,12562~12493542,00.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131231/hammers-to-sign-gordon_2236884_3598345]West Ham United are delighted to confirm the signing of Peterborough United youngster Jaanai Gordon, which will be completed on 1 January 2014.

The 18-year-old striker impressed during a recent trial period with the Club and has sealed a move from the Sky Bet League One Club.

Gordon scored twice in the Hammers' Barclays U18 Premier League victory over Aston Villa, while also notching in first-team friendlies against Gillingham and Millwall during the November international break.

Northampton-born Gordon made his first team debut for Posh in September 2012, aged just 16, and has played seven first-team games for the London Road club.

Following his trial period at Chadwell Heath, Gordon notched the winner for Peterborough in the FA Youth Cup at Wolverhampton Wanderers, helping Posh to maintain their cup run which has taken them to a fourth round tie against Arsenal, before agreeing to put pen-to-paper with the Hammers.[/article]

Bertrand Traore - Chelsea
0,,10268~12493012,00.jpg

[article=http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3597985/title/traore-move-completed]Bertrand Traore completed his move to Chelsea today (Wednesday) and immediately sat down with the official website to discuss the transfer.

The 18-year-old agreed to sign a four-and-a-half year contract with the club back in October, and with the opening of the January transfer window, he makes the switch from Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso in his native Burkina Faso.

Traore is a full international having made his debut in September 2011 a few days before his 16th birthday, and he made one substitute appearance at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

An attacking midfielder, Traore was taken as a trialist on Chelsea's tour of Asia in the summer and played a part in all three games, scoring in Malaysia and in Indonesia. [/article]

Won't be surprised to see him being loaned out to Vitesse in the near future.

Brek Shea - Barnsley (1 month loan)
brek-shea-stoke-city-600x366.jpg

[article=http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/article/brek-shea-signs-reds-loan-deal-01012014-1267218.aspx#DF7hWOaJ8HZwuTHB.99]Stoke City's winger Brek Shea has joined Barnsley on a 28-day loan.

Born in Texas, USA, Shea has played at full international level since 2010 and was recently in action for USA against Scotland.

With just over four months of the season remaining Shea will be looking to get a seat on the plane to Brazil in the summer.

The highly rated winger signed on a four-and-a-half-year contract for Stoke City in January 2013 for a fee of £2.5 million from MLS side FC Dallas.[/article]

0,,10268~12493012,00.jpg

[article=http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3597985/title/traore-move-completed]Bertrand Traore completed his move to Chelsea today (Wednesday) and immediately sat down with the official website to discuss the transfer.

The 18-year-old agreed to sign a four-and-a-half year contract with the club back in October, and with the opening of the January transfer window, he makes the switch from Association Jeunes Espoirs De Bobo-Dioulasso in his native Burkina Faso.

Traore is a full international having made his debut in September 2011 a few days before his 16th birthday, and he made one substitute appearance at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.

An attacking midfielder, Traore was taken as a trialist on Chelsea's tour of Asia in the summer and played a part in all three games, scoring in Malaysia and in Indonesia. [/article]

Never understand why young players want to go there, you won't get much if any playing time unless you are really something special at that age.

Bet there was clubs in for him that would of been much better for his development.

Never understand why young players want to go there, you won't get much if any playing time unless you are really something special at that age.

Bet there was clubs in for him that would of been much better for his development.
Guaranteed money. It's a shirt career, they need to earn as much as quick as they can

Guaranteed money. It's a shirt career, they need to earn as much as quick as they can

Yeah and i suppose what Binny says makes sense, earn money and then he'll most likely be out on loan for 2 or 3 seasons so he will be playing anyway.

Jose Sosa - Atletico Madrid (loan)
sosa.jpg

[article=http://en.clubatleticodemadrid.com/noticias/atletico-and-metalist-agree-to-the-loan-of-sosa]Atletico Madrid and FC Metalist have reached an agreement that will see José Sosa play in our club on loan until 30th June 2014. The Argentine, who acted as the captain of the Ukrainian team, arrive in Madrid in time to spend the New Year here and this Thursday he will do the relevant medical examination before completing his signing as a new Atletico player .

Jose Sosa, born June 19th1985 in the town of Carcarañá Argentina (Santa Fe), is an offensive midfielder with an excellent shot, he can adapt to various positions in midfield. Prior to his arrival at the Ukrainian side Metalist in the 2011-12 season, the Argentina international played for Estudiantes de La Plata (Argentina), Bayern Munich (Germany) and Napoli (Italy).[/article]

[article=http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/atletico-madrid-confirm-sosa-deal#kVLaolTcfsQwCTGS.99]"FC Metalist captain Jose Sosa received permission from the club president Sergiy Kurchenko to go on six-month loan to one of the European clubs," a statement from Metalist read.

"We listened to Jose Sosa's request that he wants to win a place in the Argentina national team to participate at the World Cup in 2014, which will be held in Brazil.

"Given Jose's contribution to the development of the club and taking into account the fact that the championships in European countries are held during the winter, in contrast to Ukraine, we have decided to meet Sosa's wish to go on six-month loan to one of the European clubs."[/article]

Pelé - Olympiakos (€440k)
dasdasdw34555.png

[article=http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2041545.html?]Olympiacos FC have moved quickly to make their first and, according to technical director Pierre Issa, only signing this winter after capturing Pelé from Ergotelis FC.

The 26-year-old Portuguese midfielder has penned a contract tying him to the Greek champions until June 2017 after making a positive impression since joining Ergotelis last summer. He scored three goals in 12 league matches for the Crete club.

A product of the Boavista FC academy, Pelé had spells at SL Benfica and Vitória SC before a season at FC Internazionale Milano in 2007/08. He returned to Portugal to join hometown club FC Porto as part of the move that took Ricardo Quaresma the other way. Further spells at Portsmouth FC, Real Valladolid CF and Eskişehirspor followed.

According to Issa, Pelé will be the sole reinforcement in January. "We are perfectly happy with the squad and, after the inclusion of Pelé, we consider it settled until June. There won't be any more signings during January," he said. "From now on we focus on the league and cup matches and eagerly anticipate the two legs against Manchester United for the UEFA Champions League."[/article]

Bertrand Traore - Vitesse Arnhem (loan)

Well, guessed it. :p Boost for Vitesse in their title race because Kakuta hasn't been of much influence and this Traore lad looked pretty decent while on preseason tour with Chelsea

[article=http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3601199/title/traore-to-join-vitesse-on-loan]Bertrand Traore will join Vitesse Arnhem on loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old Burkina Faso international signed for Chelsea following a successful trial period with the club during the summer, and now heads to the Netherlands to gain first-team experience.

Traore will link up with a Vitesse side which is currently second in the Eredivisie, on the same points as leaders Ajax. You can keep up with his progress here on the official Chelsea website.

Meanwhile, we have recalled Gael Kakuta and Sam Hutchinson from their loan spells at Vitesse.[/article]

Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede - Blackburn
gestede-cairney-4x3195-1270794_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/double-deal-done-1270797.aspx]Rovers are delighted to announce the signings of Tom Cairney and Rudy Gestede.

The pair, who both won promotion to the Premier League last season, have turned loan deals into permanent moves, with both players putting pen-to-paper on three-and-a-half-year contracts until the summer of 2017.

Cairney joined Rovers until the turn of the year from Hull City back in August, netting twice in 24 appearances in a successful first half of the season.

The 22-year-old has been an instant hit with the Ewood faithful with his classy displays in midfield, none more so than last time out against Leeds United when he set up both goals in Rovers' 2-1 away win.

Cairney said: “I’m very pleased to sign permanently – that was a goal of mine when I came on loan in August.

“First and foremost, I wanted to try and get games under my belt. I knew it was a big club, with a lot of good players here and I really wanted to try and do my best and help the team push on.

“I feel like I’ve played well this season, but I still think there’s more to come and I’m looking forward to the future with Blackburn Rovers.

“It’s been 20-odd games in a row I’ve played, which is great. At my age, after the injury I got last season, it’s definitely what I needed and I’m just ready to kick on again and keep going.”

Gestede, 25, arrived from Cardiff City at the end of November and after shaking off a slight thigh strain he had when he first joined, has gone from strength to strength.

The French-born Benin international made a huge impact as a substitute against Birmingham City last month, before grabbing his first Rovers goal on New Year's Day at Elland Road – a towering header from a Cairney corner.

“I am very happy to sign for Blackburn Rovers,” said Gestede. “They gave me the chance to play and to be on the pitch and now they have given me the chance to sign a permanent deal and I’m delighted to take it.

“It’s a big club and so I’m very happy to stay here. Everybody was very welcoming with me when I joined. They tried to make me feel at home and that’s happened.

“The lads have been very nice, the staff have been very nice with me, people in the club have been very nice, so I’m very happy and I hope I will enjoy my time here.

“I trust in my team-mates and we are very close to the play-off places, so if we keep playing like we have and keep believing in ourselves, we can do something.”[/article]

Gabriel Zakuani - Kalloni FC (free transfer)
gabriel-zakuani-4-3119-1271582_478x359.jpg

[article= http://www.theposh.com/news/article/20140102-zakuani-joins-kalloni-fc-1271590.aspx#mtpbA4PfOIdBxDDq.99]Former Peterborough United centre back Gabriel Zakuani has penned a six-month contract (with an option to extend) at Greek Super League club Kalloni FC.

Zakuani, who was granted a free transfer after over five and half years service at London Road, completed the formalities on Thursday and is expected to be named in the squad for Saturday's game with Olympiacos.

The DR Congo international was part of several promotion squads and made over 200 appearances for Posh during his stay with the club.

Zakuani said: 'I would like to thank Peterborough United for the last five and a half years. It has always been Posh first and everything else second including my health. It is a fresh challenge for me to play in the Greek Super League and one I am looking forward to.

'The home games are currently being played in the Olympic Stadium in Athens as our stadium is not quite ready and on Saturday we face Olympiacos who are one of the biggest clubs in Europe.' Zakuani was out of contract in the summer.

The football club would like to thank Zakuani for his contribution to Peterborough United's recent successes and wish him the very best for the future. [/article]

Hedwiges Maduro - PAOK
BdAE05aCYAEYmOt.jpg

[article]Maduro came from Valencia on a free to Sevilla in the summer of 2012 and while he enjoyed a fair bit of action under then manager Michel, has ceased to see the pitch under Unai Emery and hasn’t even been named to the squad this season, yet has trained with the group until he was able to broker a deal to join a new club, which he now has.

Madruo was convinced to join PAOK by his compatriot and new manager, Huub Stevens, where he will hopefully play a larger role with the club than he has with Sevilla.[/article]

Astrit Ajdarević - Charlton (loan)
ajdarevic-4383-1273470_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140103-charlton-sign-ajdarevic-on-loan-1273604.aspx]Charlton have signed Astrit Ajdarević on a six-month loan deal from Standard Liège, the club confirmed on Friday afternoon.

The 23-year-old is a versatile attacking midfielder, who has previously worked with Chris Powell during his time as a coach at Leicester City.

Ajdarević, who won the FA Youth Cup during his time at Liverpool, has also represented Sweden at U21 level

He will wear the number 42 shirt at Charlton.[/article]

Patrick Bamford - Derby (loan)
patrickbamford4x3englandu21129-1272770_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/bamford-set-to-sign-1272772.aspx]Derby County are to sign Chelsea’s England Under-21 international forward Patrick Bamford on loan for the remainder of the 2013/14 season.

The 20-year-old frontman has been a much sought-after player following an impressive loan spell at MK Dons in League 1 in the first half of this season, where he has scored 16 goals in 29 outings.

His loan spell with Derby is to be effective from Monday 6th January 2014.

After meeting Head Coach Steve McClaren, Bamford has agreed to bolster the Rams’ attacking firepower for the rest of the season and is expected to be in contention to make his debut in next Friday’s Sky Bet Championship game away to Leicester City (10th January 2014).

Bamford is to become the fourth England Under-21 international in Derby’s squad, alongside Academy product Will Hughes and loanees Andre Wisdom (Liverpool) and Michael Keane (Manchester United).

Grantham-born Bamford is no stranger to the East Midlands after coming through the ranks across Brian Clough Way at Nottingham Forest. He made two first-team appearances for the Reds whilst at the age of 18, in the 2011/12 season, and within a month he joined Chelsea on a five-year deal.

He was loaned out to MK Dons to gain first-team experience last season and bagged four goals in 14 appearances, before returning to Stadium:MK for the first half of this season in another loan deal.

His impressive goalscoring exploits landed him the October Player of the Month Award for League 1 after scoring four goals in seven appearances during the month.

Bamford’s fine form also impressed England Under-21s' Head Coach Gareth Southgate, who handed the former England Under-18 and Under-19 international his first cap at Under-21 level in October against San Marino.[/article]

Ricardo Quaresma - Porto (free transfer)
BdEvSLgCYAEb8Qd.jpg

[article]Portuguese international winger Ricardo Quaresma on Thursday returned to FC Porto for a second spell.

Quaresma, 30, played for Porto between 2004 and 2008 and was a free agent having most recently been with Al Ahli in Dubai.

"I am happy to return to a home I know well, where I can feel the love and faith of the fans," said the player in a statement on the club's website.

More than 10,000 supporters attended an open training session on New Year's Day in which Quaresma took part.

The player has also played for Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Besiktas.

Defending Portuguese champions Porto currently sit second in their domestic league, level on points with leaders Sporting and third-placed Benfica.

They were knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage but will play in the knockout phase of the Europa League, a competition they won in 2011.[/article]

Lacina Traore - AS Monaco (reportedly £16m)
63937.jpg

[article=http://www.asm-fc.com/en/article/lacina-traore-signs-for-as-monaco-fc-63937.html]Côte d'Ivoire international Lacina Traoré has signed a four and a half year deal with AS Monaco FC from FK Anji Makhatchkala.

Lacina Traoré, 23 years old, has signed a four and a half year contract with AS Monaco FC.

Since 2012, the Côte d'Ivoire international (7 caps, 4 goals) has been playing for Anji
Makhatchkala. The attacker is 2.03m tall and scored 12 goals in 24 appearances in the 2012-13 league campaign, as well as five goals in 12 Europa League outings.
[/article]

Lee Camp - Bournemouth (free transfer)
camp-4x3-signing34-1274086_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2014-01-04-official-camp-commits-future-to-cherries-1274200.aspx?#MJ86ut2SA0ZdARAm.99]AFC Bournemouth has secured the signing of goalkeeper Lee Camp on a two-and-a-half-year-deal.

Camp became a free agent at midnight on New Year’s Day following the expiration of his loan deal with the Cherries and contract with parent club West Bromwich Albion, and Eddie Howe has since swooped to secure the stopper’s services until the summer of 2016.

Camp initially joined the Cherries on a one month long loan at the end of October, having found opportunities hard to come by with the Baggies.

The deal was then extended and he continued to impress, with arguably his best performance coming in the final match of his loan spell against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Boasting an abundance of Championship experience, having made over 300 appearances for Derby County, QPR, Norwich City and Nottingham Forest, Camp said he was delighted to have come to an agreement to continue his impressive second tier record with the Cherries.

“I am pleased everything has been sorted and I am delighted to have signed," he told afcb.co.uk.

“Discussions have been ongoing for the past couple of weeks but we have come to a pretty speedy conclusion in the end, so credit must go to the football club for how they have handled it.

“Going into the Brighton game we weren’t a million miles apart. If anything slowed it down over the Christmas period it was the fact we had three games in six days.

“I spoke to the manager at the hotel before the game on New Year’s Eve and I was fairly confident we would all get to where we needed to get to, to make the deal happen.

“Now I have something sorted, I can concentrate on playing football.”

The goalkeeper did not sign in time to feature in today’s FA Cup match against Burton Albion, but will return to training on Monday and be in contention to face Wigan Athletic when the side return to league action next weekend.[/article]

Keisuke Honda - AC Milan (free transfer)
ciakei12.png

[article=http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/150663]Welcome to Keisuke Honda! Waiting for him at Malpensa were Umberto Gandini and all the club’s communication and organization staff. Honda, already in his AC Milan club suit, had this to say to the Milan Channel at the start of his Italian adventure:

"I’m happy to be here and very excited. I’m ready to play and slept well on the plane. I’m looking forward to meeting my new teammates and I can’t wait to get started. I think I have a lot to give and to offer the team. I’ve been waiting for today for a long time and it’s dream come true for me. Milan are a legendary club and I supported them as a child. Nakata? I didn’t speak to him. I talked with Nagatomo, who is friend of mine. He told me many positive things about Italian football and the city of Milan. Football is my life and I hope to play well. I can play in any position. I want to score and to create goals. I want to play in attack but it doesn’t matter in what position. I know all the Italian players as I played against them in the Confederations Cup. I’m very happy to be here and to see the fans waiting for me. What can I say to them in Italian? Grazie!”
[/article]

Lorenzo Ariaudo - Sassuolo (undisclosed fee)
LorenzoAriaudo_Wallpaper_2.jpg

[article]Cagliari have officially sold defender Lorenzo Ariaudo to Sassuolo and he could debut on Monday.

The move had been in the air and was completed this evening with announcements from both clubs.

The 24-year-old had been in Sardinia since July 2010, but managed only four Serie A appearances this season.

Ariaudo grew up in the Juventus youth academy and had already been loaned to Cagliari in January 2010 before making the move permanent six months later.

Sassuolo and Cagliari have not disclosed the fee, but he could make his debut on Monday against Genoa.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom