• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from the bloke writing off a player after 5 games. Superfan.
I think you're supporting the wrong club if you can't be arsed to support your own players a whole 5 games into their career with us.
Maybe Chelsea would suit, similar sort of fans there.

Balotelli has weaknesses in his game, and he also some great attributes. Until he's had a fair amount of game time, and a chance for Rodgers to work on him and have a go at turning him into what we need, you have to a shortsighted idiot to write him off. You don't get to play for inter, city, Milan, Liverpool, Italy if you don't have talent.

I get rather frustrated with people wading into threads casting all sorts of aspersions and then peppering it with some ill thought out fluff to make it all seem credible.

That's what you did. I called you out on it - and in fairness I gave you a chance to defend your position beforehand and you made it clear that all you had originally done was chuck out some generic football cliches rather than speak from a position of actual knowledge. And now you're back with the "maybe support another club" nonsense, which is frankly embarrassing and you know it.

I didn't write Balotelli off, I've never said he is not without any kind of talent and I'm not suggesting he shouldn't get time under Rodgers to improve.

So, if you don't want to get into this sort of thing in the future, either make sure your angry superfan tirade is targeted at the appropriate people or pick your battles more carefully.

I think Balotelli will be fine once he's partnered with Sturridge, just as he was at Spurs, and just as we were too.

But the problem is we're desperately reliant on Sturridge staying fit. Need some kind of proper alternative to him to come in in January.

As for Lambert, I never understood why so many were happy about it in the first place. Right from the start it looked at best a pointless if cheap concession to sentimentality.

Lambert seemed like a good move to replace the hapless Aspas.

The fact that Lambert's contribution, so far, makes me almost wish we'd kept Aspas speaks volumes for how poor Lambert has been.

Funny but when lambert has come on while another srtiker is on - he has made a difference. As for mario - he is fucking slow to move around the pitch. We should have paid a lot to get cavani and should have avoided getting markovic.

I really don't know about Balotelli. Yes he's played ok thus far for us, has managed to behave himself and genuinely seems to be desperate to impress and have a positive impact which is admirable.

I just don't know if he's gonna be right for us.
He's very much an individual...that may well work in our favour in certain games because we could be struggling and he could turn and belt one in the top corner to win us a game but as well as that I think he's gonna frustrate the life out of us.
Each striker has their own qualities but his movement or lack of more to the point is shocking, he doesn't move defenders about and give our midfield much of a chance to link up with him. Also his rolling about is a bit pathetic...he's a brute of a lad, there's no need for it.

To be fair, once Sturridge is back we can properly assess Mario but I just have this nagging feeling we'll see more bad performances than good from him. Would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

Rest easy everyone, I was one fo a very select few who were completely against this signing so no doubt he will come good.

So far he has been average, but when you are replacing Suarez average won't cut it.

Lol the arrogance on keni, I can't even be arsed to quote you.
You're a 'fan' turning your back on one of OUR players after 5 games, so you can call me on it all you fucking like. I'd rather give the lad some time before writing him off, more than say 5 games before starting threads laying into him.

You should start ones for Lovren and markovic too. Maybe even origi seeing as you're jumping the gun.

Lol the arrogance on keni, I can't even be arsed to quote you.
You're a 'fan' turning your back on one of OUR players after 5 games, so you can call me on it all you fucking like. I'd rather give the lad some time before writing him off, more than say 5 games before starting threads laying into him.

You should start ones for Lovren and markovic too. Maybe even origi seeing as you're jumping the gun.

Eh, he actually says "Early days and hopefully he'll improve and prove worthwhile but as things stand " in his first post. He hasn't written him off, or turned his back on him. Just called out that he's currently not playing well enough.

Which is valid.

This will always be how I see Mors.

A_businessman_rhinoceros_on_a_laptop_computer_100824-215240-204009.jpg

Hes no lazier than bond villain that used to play for spurs and utd and he bagged enough..

I'm not Sure the current set up suits him, I blame that on whoever signed the player as much I would Balotelli. Will adding Sturridge to the mix change that, it might create more space for him but it'll be interesting to watch the two.

Sturridge by proxy of being a goal scorer should alleviate the pressure on Mario or at least get us the goals were missing at present

Hes no lazier than bond villain that used to play for spurs and utd and he bagged enough..

I'm not Sure the current set up suits him, I blame that on whoever signed the player as much I would Balotelli. Will adding Sturridge to the mix change that, it might create more space for him but it'll be interesting to watch the two.

Sturridge by proxy of being a goal scorer should alleviate the pressure on Mario or at least get us the goals were missing at present

Might want to stop using that Rodgers' dictionary.

He oozes selfishness. He's surrounded by a ridiculous circus. A dreadful signing. Hopefully when DS is fit he is bench only.

We saw last season that we struggled when we didn't have a large number of attackers playing as the players would get marked out of games. I think once we have Sturridge back and Mario also starts (i'm expecting them both to feature together) I think there will be more space not only for Mario but for Sterling/Lallana/Coutinho too. At the moment Mario is getting marked heavily and then has very limited support immediately around him.

Part of this lack of support is also due to Stevie being overrun in midfield which I think is leaving Hendo a bit more apprehensive about his forward runs.

I'm confident that with 2 up top (with one being Studge who is a master of defender moving runs) we will have massively different fortunes from Mario.

When people make comments saying that he did nothing or that he is useless as a player, they either have a personal dislike of the man or they don't know anything about football.

Just for the record I don't dislike Balotelli at all. I like him a lot as an individual and I think he's hilarious. I hope Rodgers performs miracles with him, and he starts tearing shit up, but Saturday was just so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom