• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (A) - Sat 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those are comparable, but that is opinions.
Well how isn't it comparable?

Ok Harvey and Olise may not have the same style but they both play out on the wide right or at least they're preferred positions are.....and Jones and Ramsey are very similar type of players.

Well how isn't it comparable?

Ok Harvey and Olise may not have the same style but they both play out on the wide right or at least they're preferred positions are.....and Jones and Ramsey are very similar type of players.

In terms of level of quality.

In terms of level of quality.

Ok so why can't their levels of quality be comparable? Comparable meaning as in comparing both the similarities and differences they have.

If it's about level of quality, then we sell Harvey and Jones and bring in Olise and Ramsey.....you don't bring those 2 in when you've got players in that position vying to compete for a first team place.

Not sure what there is to understand. I rate the suggested players above Jones and Elliott.

I'd somewhat agree, doesn't mean they're good enough for LFC.

The point was more we have these players who occupy the positions Olise and Ramsey would play, so ideally we'd look to sell them on before bringing those players in to give them a clearer pathway into the squad.

Dewsbury Hall and Gibbs White are also better than Elliott and Jones....doesn't mean they should be considered.

I'd somewhat agree, doesn't mean they're good enough for LFC.

The point was more we have these players who occupy the positions Olise and Ramsey would play, so ideally we'd look to sell them on before bringing those players in to give them a clearer pathway into the squad.

Dewsbury Hall and Gibbs White are also better than Elliott and Jones....doesn't mean they should be considered.

Well, you could start an argument with your mirror image it sounds like.
I think they are someone we should consider. Also James Justin, to cover both full backs.

Well, you could start an argument with your mirror image it sounds like.
I think they are someone we should consider. Also James Justin, to cover both full backs.
Think you're just on the wind up now so I'll leave you to it. :D

I certainly am not. I would want the best, but I don't think we have the money to buy the best out there.

So lets do the next best thing and flog it on shit overhyped overvalued english players?

Palace would want 40m+ for Olise, Villa the same for Ramsey.....trust me when I say there are far better players abroad we could get.

So lets do the next best thing and flog it on shit overhyped overvalued english players?

Palace would want 40m+ for Olise, Villa the same for Ramsey.....trust me when I say there are far better players abroad we could get.
I get your point, but Olise looks the real deal to me and with Klopp’s magic, could be the midfielder we all want Elliott to be.

See, the first part is where we disagree, and I have told you two times already.

I get your point, but Olise looks the real deal to me and with Klopp’s magic, could be the midfielder we all want Elliott to be.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player, quality is obvious to see but I still think it's overhype ala poor mans Jack Grealish when he was at Villa.....guilty of overplaying too much.

Plus our immediate focus is 2-3 central midfielders, not a right winger (not right now anyway). Probably something we can look to address next summer if Salah is still playing like crap.

You need 8 homegrown players in a squad of 25
It's a case of which 8?

You need 8 homegrown players in a squad of 25
It's a case of which 8?
What about if we fail to register a 25 man squad and only name a 23 man squad with 7 homegrown players like we did for this season?

It's not compulsory to have a 25 man squad, it's up to a 25 man squad.

[article]A public service announcement at this point, but a reminder that Liverpool remain one of the worst defensive units in recent memory.

Clean sheets from the Reds in 2023 have all come with the incessant need for a Liverpool player or staff member to immediately question why people think they're a poor team at the back, despite looking defensively inept in the very game they 'held' their opposition goalless in.

Whether they actually believe it or they are simply trying to convince themselves, any notion that Liverpool have fixed the problem should be ignored.

Three more big chances were shipped to a Crystal Palace side that are struggling to test even the most average of defences, making it a huge 67 big chances allowed in 23 Premier League games for Jürgen Klopp's men this season, conceding 0.17 xG per shot on average.

fc5f83e7-f43e-4d56-8e6b-feecd702d942.jpg
[/article]

What about if we fail to register a 25 man squad and only name a 23 man squad with 7 homegrown players like we did for this season?

It's not compulsory to have a 25 man squad, it's up to a 25 man squad.

Bluebell can’t get his head around Premier League squad rules - this has been explained to him countless times.

Wait till he realises you can have more than 8 homegrown players & Badgertits will be classified as homegrown when he hits 21.

Bluebell can’t get his head around Premier League squad rules - this has been explained to him countless times.

Wait till he realises you can have more than 8 homegrown players & Badgertits will be classified as homegrown when he hits 21.
Wait till we're managed by Sean Dyche and go full on Burnley mode and have 22 homegrown players and 2 foreign players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom