• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Crystal Palace (A) - Sat 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Tough place to visit when needing to right a wrong. Tough to see what Klopp, the only real areas for rotation are up front but that isn't where our problems lie. I also don't see Klopp dropping Joe, i think he'll challenge him to bounce back.

We need fresh legs in the middle, for me that's Naby but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Elliot find their way in next to Badger.

It was against Palace that Klopp once rested Mo and he came on and crushed it. I'd actually like to see similar again, he can't keep playing every 90 mins. For me i'd have Jota up there but we know he's untouchable so i'm expecting to see the below:

--------------Alisson--------------
Trent--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
---------------Fabs-----------------
--------Naby-------Badger-------
Salah------Gakpo-------Nunez

Palace are without Zaha.

I think Gomez will be dropped and it will be 'blamed' on his hamstring. I wouldn't be surprised if Milner starts also.

Fabs and Hendo can’t play 2 games in 7 days without their legs going after 15 minutes. This will be something like 4 games is 12 days so neither should be in the starting side. That makes me think Milner will start with badger plus Elliott or Keita.

I expect the forward line to remain unchanged as we get Jota up to speed.

Any team that can beat Everton and Newcastle can beat palace. We were a goalkeeping error and a gomez away from beating the European champions. Swap matip in for the gobshite and we should win conformably

Agree with Brizzle, Hendo can't start again so Naby, Jones or Elliott. Naby is the better ball-winner so he gets the nod from me.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo

I can see Fabs starting and Milner or Hendo coming on after 50-60 mins.
Gomez is given 50% and Konate 25% chance of being fit. Premier Injuries.

Agree with Brizzle, Hendo can't start again so Naby, Jones or Elliott. Naby is the better ball-winner so he gets the nod from me.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo

I can see Fabs starting and Milner or Hendo coming on after 50-60 mins.
Gomez is given 50% and Konate 25% chance of being fit. Premier Injuries.

Aye, that’ll be it. Elliott first sub.

-----------------------Ali
Trent----Konate-----VVD---Robertson
-----------------------Fab
---------Keita-----------------Bajectic
----------------------Gakpo
Salah-----------------------------------Nunez

Irish Kevin
Milner - Matip - JoGo - Greek Scouser
Keita - Melo - CJ
Ox - Bobby - Carvalho

Fabs and Hendo can’t play 2 games in 7 days without their legs going after 15 minutes. This will be something like 4 games is 12 days so neither should be in the starting side. That makes me think Milner will start with badger plus Elliott or Keita.

I expect the forward line to remain unchanged as we get Jota up to speed.

Neither of them played any football against Madrid so that should count for something

I'd be dipping into the Reserves/U21s for any athletes we got... a strong vein of form from a couple of the yoot with extra gas in the tank to spare may lift our spirits and endeavour for the grueling slog of a campaign we have left. Balagazi looked a big boy in midfield the times I caught him... anyone else with some weight, pace and stamina to burn in order to help out our midfield/fb engine room? Koumetio could even be an option in my eyes. The team needs to run more.

I take it that The Nomad's thread starting career has come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom