• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EL - Toulouse (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think we're making the same mistake we did with Origi.
Kelleher is never going to be first choice at LFC, but instead of selling him when he's at his highest value ( after the quad attempt), we hold on to him for two more seasons. He has to go next summer.

Kelleher is never going to be first choice at LFC, but instead of selling him when he's at his highest value ( after the quad attempt), we hold on to him for two more seasons. He has to go next summer.
Yep. The only thing I can say is, Ali has set the bar too high. Kelleher might prove to be a good 1st team keeper at some point, but he is never going to be a top keeper, maybe a Ming at best.

I still cannot fathom how some people could contemplate selling Ali last season just for some dough, the drop-off to Kelleher is too much.

We have three young highly rated keepers waiting in our reserves and frankly I'd rather give any of them a chance than wait for Kelleher to come good.

I doubt he's as funny as Adrian either.

I mean it looked a pretty intentional handball from where I was watching, shit control from Mac which he knew and if he hadn't used his arm then the ball would've got away from him. He was shit all game tbh, looking like a poor signing.
Oh for goodness sake don't be silly. How much time do you think he had from the ball not coming off his chest as anticipated and being able to move his arm to then control it? Microseconds is the answer and no human is capable of making that adjustment. When you go up to control / kill a ball with your chest your arms naturally push forward, the deflection onto his chest was not anticipated or deliberate.

Sad to see that so many of our traveling supporters endured the same horrendous experience last night as the final in Paris.
The French are fucking shit at organizing. Just look at the press conference Klopp had after the game. In a tent outside the ground where he had to walk through loads of supporters

Kelleher needs proper game time. We should be loaning him out, not keeping him as back up when he doesn't play more than 10-15 games a season, usually against shit opposition and with an inconsistent defence in front of him. I don't think Kelleher is the problem - I think we are.

Oh for goodness sake don't be silly. How much time do you think he had from the ball not coming off his chest as anticipated and being able to move his arm to then control it? Microseconds is the answer and no human is capable of making that adjustment. When you go up to control / kill a ball with your chest your arms naturally push forward, the deflection onto his chest was not anticipated or deliberate.
Did his arm move towards the ball? The answer is yes.

My main beef about it is UEFA have gone against their own guidelines about phase of play.

But your response above smacks of tell me you weren't good at football without telling me you weren't good.

Like you say your arm kind of gravitate forward and if you see the ball not going forward you instinctively lean towards it. I've done that numerous times. It is handball if called by the ref as you are 'controlling' it at that point.

To sell a player you need other clubs interested in the player all we had rumours of interest from spurs and wolves where he would probably be second choice anyway. :D

To sell a player you need other clubs interested in the player all we had rumours of interest from spurs and wolves where he would probably be second choice anyway. :D

Being second choice should not be an issue.

Verbruggen, Ramsdale, Henderson, Vlachodimos are all excellent players with good experience that moved recently and now find themselves second choice. You shouldn't move with the expectation that you'll be first choice.

Kelleher, tbh, is nowhere near that level. If he had the chance to be second or third choice at Wolves he (and we) should have snapped it up. £6m is a fair price for him I feel.

My main beef about it is UEFA have gone against their own guidelines about phase of play.

But your response above smacks of tell me you weren't good at football without telling me you weren't good.

Like you say your arm kind of gravitate forward and if you see the ball not going forward you instinctively lean towards it. I've done that numerous times. It is handball if called by the ref as you are 'controlling' it at that point.

I think it was wrongly called, mainly for what was pointed out here:

But Liverpool supporters feel confused as according to Sky Sports, the decision may have been incorrect as IFAB laws state that an "accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence".

Furthermore, in an article on UEFA's website, the governing body's board issued guidelines for the 2023/24 campaign and said that "no handball offence should be called on a player if the ball is previously deflected from his own body and, in particular, when the ball does not go towards the goal".

It came off his chest ! He didn't 'move his arm towards the ball' because no human alive has those reaction speeds. He was not trying to use his arms, it deflected off his chest. It's not that difficult to understand - it was accidental and therefore under the rules of the game, not handball as far as the goal was concerned.

Froggy had he just controlled it properly then this wouldn’t even been a conversation. It really wasn’t a different ball to control. It’s a deliberate action to keep the ball under his control. Why does his arm need to be out wide when the ball has richoeted up off his hip?

It came off his chest ! He didn't 'move his arm towards the ball' because no human alive has those reaction speeds. He was not trying to use his arms, it deflected off his chest. It's not that difficult to understand - it was accidental and therefore under the rules of the game, not handball as far as the goal was concerned.
Look I agree with you it should have been a goal. Based on the phase of play and the onfield decision was no handball.

However, in my view he deliberately controlled it with his arm. After the chest control.

You believe what you want to believe. You always do.

I think we have to get used to the idea that referees are not going to give us the benefit of the doubt all the time (or seldom) especially away from home.

On the team, it's not a complete surprise that new players will lose momentum at times. Changing the team format for particular games is also going to be a disruptor. I don't think we lack skill or desire - more organization and concentration.

Fortunately we look likely to qualify in this competition and haven't lost touch in the league.

Look I agree with you it should have been a goal. Based on the phase of play and the onfield decision was no handball.

However, in my view he deliberately controlled it with his arm. After the chest control.

As do you.

Can you elaborate on this successful playing career you are alluding to in your other post.

People moving their arms to dictate where their body goes doesn't mean that they are deliberately trying to hit the ball with their arm.

As do you.

Can you elaborate on this successful playing career you are alluding to in your other post.

People moving their arms to dictate where their body goes doesn't mean that they are deliberately trying to hit the ball with their arm.
I never said that. You've twisted my words.

A human's mental reaction time is around 0.25 secs, plus his arm movement, means at the very least half a second to react. So impossible to react in time as the ball would have gone. So that leaves just two options a) either he was moving his arm to control it before it even hit his chest or b) it was accidental and his arm just happened to be in that position. You believe what you like but it literally has to be one of those two.

3 Shots - two quite similar to show where the ball hit and then the direction it bounced off. Even under the laws of the game it's almost impossible to tell - because the top of the arm (short sleeved shirt) isn't handball.

Under UEFA's laws it would have had to have been deliberate handball to call it back. Accidental wouldn't have resulted in a FK.
Screenshot-2023-11-11-at-02-18-47.png

Screenshot-2023-11-11-at-02-19-37.png

Screenshot-2023-11-11-at-02-19-02.png

Last edited:
Wankers just total wankers I'm a ref and I'm sure these cunts are just trying to make var look shit :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::redcard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom