• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - just a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. He started out as a dedicated professional who lived at the training ground and did not even have time for a girlfriend. He has now degenerated into the type who goes on strike and deserts his team when they need him the most. My faith in him and indeed all humanity has been ruined forever. Cunt.

They need him most in preseason?

I know what you mean. He started out as a dedicated professional who lived at the training ground and did not even have time for a girlfriend. He has now degenerated into the type who goes on strike and deserts his team when they need him the most. My faith in him and indeed all humanity has been ruined forever. Cunt.

At least he's not fucking Danish.

If its cheaper just to buy out his contract, why don't all clubs do this when they buy a player?

If its cheaper just to buy out his contract, why don't all clubs do this when they buy a player?

Usually those clauses apply to the player. We can't buy it out, he can.

And the reason we don't just give the player the money is gift tax.

I see, interesting. Is gift tax very high? It seems in a lot of cases it would be cheaper to take the tax hit than pay full price on the player, or are these clauses not the norm?

I see, interesting. Is gift tax very high? It seems in a lot of cases it would be cheaper to take the tax hit than pay full price on the player, or are these clauses not the norm?

I've only heard of them in Spain before. And there's another tax issue with them there too. There was an article on it by (probably) Sid Lowe in the Guardian a couple of years ago when some player in Spain wanted a move

@LFCTS: Editor of Liverpool Echo John Thompson: "Club is very ambitious and very keen to sign Mkhitaryan."

So we're still not interested then?!?!?!

219tm4j.jpg

"@LucasLeivaSpain: John Thompson of the Liverpool Echo on Talksport says Suarez will not leave and Mkhitaryan will be Liverpool's marquee signing."

Now, if we manage this, and sign a defender, what an outstanding summer.

I'd rather use that money on a quality CB and DM rather than MK.

.... But we need to shift players in order to buy those players.

We already have 4 CB's & 4 CM's that can play deep roles.

I think we're right to focus on the attacking third.

I'm all for replacing Skrtle, Coates & Lucas - but we can't just buy replacements and keep them.

I don't think it'll happen, but replacing Skrtel with Papa John would be great for me. Papa looks like a no nonsense defender and seems to be quite vocal, so would be perfect in my eyes.

.... But we need to shift players in order to buy those players.

We already have 4 CB's & 4 CM's that can play deep roles.

I think we're right to focus on the attacking third.

I'm all for replacing Skrtle, Coates & Lucas - but we can't just buy replacements and keep them.
Yeah but Rodgers blatantly doesn't rate skrtel and coates has looked irratic when playing. We only have lucas as a DM and he was quite poor last season and needs proper competition. We have plenty of players that can play in that attacking midfield, but we need more quality at the back. Buying MK to me is a luxury that we currently can't afford unless suarez leaves (which i hope he doesn't). That £25m IMO should be used to buy a DM and a CB who is a proper leader and great in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom