• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - just a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was born and raised in Newport Pagnell so not really MK - I did live in Two Mile Ash for a bit and Bradwell Village. I also went to the opening of 'The Point' - It was a different place back then.

I tore up Stony Stratford once.

Well I was born and raised in Newport Pagnell so not really MK - I did live in Two Mile Ash for a bit and Bradwell Village. I also went to the opening of 'The Point' - It was a different place back then.

Blimey, one of my grandads used to work in the gasworks there. That's a proper town, not a set of roundabout decorations like MK!

Is there anything new about this caged bird that is going to transform us into the free flowing style of football that only Rinus Michels and Brendan Rodgers can deliver?

Ahhh Stony - I like the place. My friend once got arrested for pretending to be a terrorist there. True story.

Me and 3 mates got pissed up there and slept in a car in a car park off the high street. I was sent looking for breakfast provisions very early doors and was caught by a patrol car trying to snaffle a couple of pints of milk and a newspaper from outside a local shop (for local people obviously).

Anyway, the link to this thread was that the police officer was Henrik Mkhteknkgnrjgrj! Would you credit it!

from the echo -

The Reds’ pursuit of Shakhtar Donetsk’s attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan continues to drag on.
The Armenia international, who has been fined by the Ukrainian club after failing to report for pre-season training, is keen on a move to Anfield.
Liverpool are prepared to pay up to £25million to complete their biggest transfer of the summer but there is still no agreement in place.
With agents’ demands creating another stumbling block, a swift resolution is not expected.

yawn !

From Tor Kristian Karlsen:

I've still to come across a chief scout or sporting director from European clubs of a certain standard that has not placed Mkhitaryan very near the top of his summer wish list, but £20m plus for one player is proving hard to cough up on the continent these days.

The 24-year-old Armenian is blessed with a somewhat unconventional playing style. Though usually deployed rather deep in his attacking midfield role his quick feet, positional awareness and ability to exploit spaces and successfully execute actions in a snap second make him extremely hard to predict – and a lot more "concrete" and direct than the typical attacking midfielder. Add to that a high goal-scoring rate through the capability of finishing immaculately with both feet, as well as setting up his team-mates with an accurate killer pass, and Mkhitaryan could turn into a genuine Premier League hit.

Bild claiming dortmund reps have flown to Ukraine to meet Mkhitaryan

Bild claiming dortmund reps have flown to Ukraine to meet Mkhitaryan

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 54m
@Bild is reporting that Mkhitaryan has set his mind on joining Dortmund, and agreed personal terms with them. Fee remains a problem. #LFC
Sky Germany are reporting that a @BVB delegation have flown to Donezk today.
I personally wasn't convinced Dortmund's interest was real. But they wouldn't fly to the Ukraine if it wasn't serious & seen as possible,imo
Eriksen: my understanding is that Dortmund just aren't sold on him. Back-up of various back-ups, at best
should add that "Dortmund bosses have flown to Ukraine" story came from Sky Germany's BVB reporter @Sky_StephanS . Good one to follow
"only some legal details yet to be finalised"
@Sky_StephanS has just reported live on air that Dortmund and Donezk have agreed the transfer.

... So..... We definitely were interested then?

Just get that Danish cunt tut suite

Agreed a fee with Shaktar, but what about the 3rd party owners? Or the player himself?
I'll cry for a week if we miss out now.

Strange if we baulk at a price of 25 mill € if the Echo said we would spend up to 25 mill £.

Ukrainian journo:

@YaroLFC: My man at Shakhtar says that no meeting requests came from BVB. Which always happens when a club flies to negotiate a deal

@YaroLFC: If BVB delegation will really be in Donetsk (i still dont get why tho, as HM is owned by armenians), i will certainly let all of you know

It does seem odd that these stories are about, just earlier on today BVB's CEO said they weren't interested in him "at any price", i cant wait for this saga to come to an end though, one way or another.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...taryan-dortmund-liverpool-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

Liverpool set to miss out on No1 summer target Henrikh Mkhitaryan
• Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder in talks with Dortmund
• Armenian close to £21.5m move, according to reports
Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-010.jpg
Liverpool look set to miss out on Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, right, from Shakhtar Donetsk. Photograph: Michael Steele/Getty Images
Liverpool look set to miss out on one of their prime transfer targets this summer with Henrikh Mkhitaryan likely to join Borussia Dortmundinstead. The German club sent a delegation to Donetsk on Friday with the CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke and the sporting director Michael Zorc reportedly striking a deal believed to be worth €25m (£21.5m) for the midfielder to join the Champions League runners-up.
Brendan Rodgers had earmarked the Armenian as a key recruitment this summer but it now appears that he will have to look elsewhere to strengthen his midfield. There were no news on whether the player had agreed personal terms with Dortmund but the German club have money to spend after selling Mario Götze for €37m to Bayern Munich and Watzke said recently that the club may spend up to €50m this summer.
Dortmund have already signed the defender Sokratis, from Werder Bremen for around €8m, and the striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, from St Etienne for €13m.
Liverpool have so far brought in Luis Alberto (Sevilla), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Simon Mignolet (Sunderland) and Kolo Touré on a free transfer.

If he does end up coming I hope he's good, and if he doesn't I hope we spend the money on another player who's even better.

Brendan obviously wanted more goals from midfield. Is Eríksen really the best option?
He's younger and cheaper than Mkhitaryan, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom