• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s take them up the Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's obvious - those lot are absolutely knackered. Mentally and physically.

I recognised that sort of sudden bursts of energy under pressure. Like when i'm having brain fog for the entire week, procrastinating and lazying around, and i haven't started working on the report that was due yesterday, and suddenly get an email from the top threatening to let me go...i go full on beast mode and work 5 hours straight to finish the report.

These guys are playing on a very empty tank of adrenaline. Give them a long rest, get a few fresh faces in, and they'll be fine next season. Hopefully.

Salah was very very involved.

Which served to highlight how incapable he is of creating anything off the dribble. He lost the ball again and again and again, sometimes springing counters. His cut to the left and curl is too predictable and was blocked repeatedly, as it has been all season. The one so well saved would have been the second one easily dealt with by the keeper, had it not been deflected. So, his shooting was poor as well.

The only highlight of his play was a superb ball to Nunez. When your prize player is so heavily involved, you just should expect more results. I expect more of him, theoretically I mean.

I mean, which worried you more. Martinelli on our flank, or Salah on theirs. Martinelli was doubled. Salah largely wasn't.

And this was a rare game where we did actually have some good attacking sequences and had space for him. He found the space, he got the ball, and if you are happy with the results... I just don't get it.

I get it. Its the new pet peeve hating and picking holes in Salahs performances.
Happy? Sure. 10 shots, 3 big chances, creates for Nunez, scores, a penalty miss and a amazing save from two more goals. But no, his dribling wasnt up to standard. Oh no, case closed. Poor!
Give me a break.
Why are we suddenly comparing different positions? Martinelli found space behind Trent on their left? No way?! Just like every other winger in the league this season. If you compare positions Saka (on their right), was involved in the first and last minute. Otherwise quite anonymous. I know which player was more threatning or involved.

The days of a normal discussion about Salah are sadly gone. I had to look at other non Liverpool outlets just to see if I was completely out of it, but the general concencus is that he played well (7/8).

But its okay. SCM cant stand him or his new contract anymore. Good on yous.
I’ll support him as long as he’s a Liverpool player and really hope he scores bucket loads of goals next season to piss all over his doubters.

He’s fucking shite. The sooner everyone realises this the better. It’s not a case of people picking holes, it is what it is. He’s not good enough anymore. Especially when you consider what he’s paid when we aren’t a billionaires play thing.

If we had shook things up and added a few quality players the last windows, the lads would be fearing for their places, putting shifts in.
You have to keep the group energetic by adding

Disagreeing about individual performances or not, but Anfield was absolutely rocking last night. Electric atmosphere. The roof would have lifted off if Konate scores in injury time.

I thought he was partly at fault for their second by giving too much space. Van Dijk was equally responsible. After that Big Ib was boss. If only that ball at the end been 50cm higher or lower.

[article]
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp speaking to Sky Sports
"A bit typical for us this season. An open game, completely open, they score with the first situation and the second one. Our reaction was good. It was a spectacular game in the end. How we didn’t win it with those late chances I don’t know.

“I’m caught in between being happy and not. I have no problems with drawing. Arsenal were good but they could and should have lost this game. The point for them is better.

“We had moments and chances where we didn’t finish the situations off. Slightly typical. They’re flying so they score with their first chance. The goal we scored helped massively. At half-time it wasn’t over. It was a sensational atmosphere. Good moment to get the equaliser.

“All of a sudden we were in charge of a wild game. We deserved at least a point. If Ibou Konate uses his head (for a late chance) it’s a goal. Maybe he slipped. He had a chance, it was just there.”

On his thoughts on the Andy Robertson clash with the assistant referee at half-time:

“Nothing. I know it happened but I didn’t watch it. If it happened the pictures will speak for themselves.”

[/article]This is the correct response. The lino must be made up it was such a great game which reduced the focus on the incident.

I get it. Its the new pet peeve hating and picking holes in Salahs performances.
Happy? Sure. 10 shots, 3 big chances, creates for Nunez, scores, a penalty miss and a amazing save from two more goals. But no, his dribling wasnt up to standard. Oh no, case closed. Poor!
Give me a break.
Why are we suddenly comparing different positions? Martinelli found space behind Trent on their left? No way?! Just like every other winger in the league this season. If you compare positions Saka (on their right), was involved in the first and last minute. Otherwise quite anonymous. I know which player was more threatning or involved.

The days of a normal discussion about Salah are sadly gone. I had to look at other non Liverpool outlets just to see if I was completely out of it, but the general concencus is that he played well (7/8).

I’ll support him as long as he’s a Liverpool player and really hope he scores bucket loads of goals next season to piss all over his doubters.

I don't think the 'normal' discussion point is fair - a lot of us (on "both" sides of the debate) have tried to have rational discussions but it seems that he's causing a 'social media' debate style of "yay" or "nay", when there can be a lot of grey.

I think Farky's point is that Salah used to require 2 players to watch him ... that opened things up tremendously. Nowadays, that doesn't happen enough - which highlights how the opposition see him more and more.

7 I think is fair for his game yesterday, if you don't penalize him for missing a penalty.

Last edited:
Give me a break.

First of all those statistics point to precisely how wasteful he was with good positions.

You keep talking about dribbling as though I'm handing out style points. He is often not beating his man when marked by a single defender, and instead of those situations leading to threat for us, they often lead to threat in transition for the other team. Not in this game. All season. Its a massive departure from previous performances.

We can't use him like he will do that. I don't think he can play centrally. So if he'd adapt to that reality and just hold the ball sometimes and allow us to build play, until, in your optimistic scenario, his mojo comes back and we are a more functional fluid team, that'd be nice. It's late now in the season, but without a midfield, that sort of thing could help.

We have had every single one of our players justifiably and unjustifiably picked apart this season. The press has largely given Salah a pass because he is still scoring, but is it so odd that with two new young attackers, I expect that a declining great can add a little maturity to their play to help a team? Kane's brain is two potato chip bags, sat on a union jack picnic blanket, endlessly saying "y'roight?" to each other, and he figured something out.

I don't want Salah to fail. We're on the same team. I also hope he scores bucket loads of goals. But, if he doesn't, or we continue to be shit, I'd like him to confront that reality.

Give me a break.

100%, can stand a good constructive discussion on where these players are now but one dimensional SCM mob focus on Salah is rather narrow and has become hateful game after game.
As I said previously, if the other legends played to Salah’s level then we won’t be we where we are.

Salah was involved at throughout match and apart from the penalty miss, I had no complaints unlike rest of the forwards whom are now the bigger worry. If you keep watching each game to expect the Salah of 3yrs ago then you are expecting to defy science and age. Not going to happen, this is what he is now but still a danger.

I assume Salah will remain the new lightning rod here for our fall and his 100k a week increment and not the following:

- Our failure to buy a single midfielder in 4yrs
- lack of serious investment in trabsfers as 3rd biggest club in the world
- our fullbacks defending poorly game after game including Robbo partly at fault both goals yesterday (maybe just first one!)
- most players unable to get going for most of the season, their attitude in general stinks
- failure to cut our losses on injury prone who are unable to contribute (Ox, Jota, Gomez, etc)
- CB pairing not being on it (Matip drop off being huge but not enough to try Phillips)

100%, can stand a good constructive discussion on where these players are now but one dimensional SCM mob focus on Salah is rather narrow and has become hateful game after game.
As I said previously, if the other legends played to Salah’s level then we won’t be we where we are.

Salah was involved at throughout match and apart from the penalty miss, I had no complaints unlike rest of the forwards whom are now the bigger worry. If you keep watching each game to expect the Salah of 3yrs ago then you are expecting to defy science and age. Not going to happen, this is what he is now but still a danger.

I assume Salah will remain the new lightning rod here for our fall and his 100k a week increment and not the following:

- Our failure to buy a single midfielder in 4yrs
- lack of serious investment in trabsfers as 3rd biggest club in the world
- our fullbacks defending poorly game after game including Robbo partly at fault both goals yesterday (maybe just first one!)
- most players unable to get going for most of the season, their attitude in general stinks
- failure to cut our losses on injury prone who are unable to contribute (Ox, Jota, Gomez, etc)
- CB pairing not being on it (Matip drop off being huge but not enough to try Phillips)
Preach brother...

All of those things have been discussed ad nauseum in here as well. Every single one of them. A billion times.

The same issues evidence themselves throughout the season and I think there's near a consensus on most of them.

I don't expect the Salah of three years ago. But we are paying for those kinds of numbers. The thing is, Salah is playing like he does expect to be able to do those things, and he isn't.

Disagreeing about individual performances or not, but Anfield was absolutely rocking last night. Electric atmosphere. The roof would have lifted off if Konate scores in injury time.

We can add it to the end of season DVD.

It’s good that they still can on occasion raise their game but it’s sucks that a couple of decent showings is all we have to show for this season.

I don't expect the Salah of three years ago. But we are paying for those kinds of numbers. The thing is, Salah is playing like he does expect to be able to do those things, and he isn't.

Yup, either Klopp has to change the system to make the most of his talents (which are still obviously present) or he should adjust his game to ensure his 'weaknesses' aren't a detriment to the team.

Oh do enlighten us Dreamie with your insight - pray tell, what zinger have you got this time - was it the fear of being replaced by Ryan Fraser that spurred us on?
Ha ha. You’re a lost cause. I’ll leave you to your wine the three new Star Wars movies.

Same could also be said of same bile directed at Salah game after game without fail, nothing new there.

I don’t know what else he could physically do more yesterday apart from scoring the pen, he doesn’t step on the pitch thinking I’m gonna do less than what I can do. He has multiple defenders on him and is easier to handle on the wings as he’s older and a little bit slower in mind and body, that just age. What are you really expecting here? If the other forwards were threat then it won’t be an issue as it was the case when we had the original three musketeers.

Same could also be said of same bile directed at Salah game after game without fail, nothing new there.

I don’t know what else he could physically do more yesterday apart from scoring the pen, he doesn’t step on the pitch thinking I’m gonna do less than what I can do. He has multiple defenders on him and is easier to handle on the wings as he’s older and a little bit slower in mind and body, that just age. What are you really expecting here? If the other forwards were threat then it won’t be an issue as it was the case when we had the original three musketeers.

Physically speaking - unless his muscle mass has reduced his speed (I don't know) - then nothing.
However, he loses the ball non-stop when trying to beat his man - I'd say it's rare when he does beat them and make a productive play (the one time he did skin two players, he lost the ball). Based on this, the inability of Klopp to adjust the system to our best player, I think he should limit those runs - it's just not his strength (unless it's running onto through balls). Get the ball - and try quick interchanging passes with hendo, trent, jota, gakpo etc or let gakpo/jota (meh) / nunez do the driving runs and he just push himself more into the box where he's still a pretty lethal finisher.
I don't have an issue with shooting every time he has an opportunity with his left foot (because he's still be pretty clinical) but I'd rather he limit the right foot shots to when he's 1v1 with the keeper etc - it's just not a strength of his.
Oh well, let's beat Leeds and try make a miraculous push for 4th ...

He’s fucking shite. The sooner everyone realises this the better. It’s not a case of people picking holes, it is what it is. He’s not good enough anymore. Especially when you consider what he’s paid when we aren’t a billionaires play thing.
:D You’ve exposed how biased your view is by stating you hate him a human. Impossible to be objective then.
35 goals and assists in a team out on its feet not good enough. He also created an additional 11 big chances in the league. Fucking hell.
Our next best is Nunez with 18 goals and assists.

Not good enough me hole. Sure he’s not at the level he’s been at previously but he’s having a good season and is the least of our concerns after Allison.

I don't think I'm directing bile at him by criticizing him. And yes, it's the same stuff every game because we've largely been shit and many of the reasons we are shit we've been aware of for a couple years.

Regarding what I expected, I'm not expecting anything else, I thought we should have sold him.

If he has gone up against their fullback 4 times in a game and lost the ball on the dribble and had tame shots easily blocked, then maybe he can instead hold the ball and introduce others into play. At least then we will have possession, get our fullbacks involved, and our slow midfielders up the pitch. That's how we scored both goals. It also means we arent at risk in transition. Just don't lose the ball. Don't try to do it yourself.

If he's shitting on the fullback and feeling it then go ahead.

:D You’ve exposed how biased your view is by stating you hate him a human. Impossible to be objective then.
35 goals and assists in a team out on its feet not good enough. He also created an additional 11 big chances in the league. Fucking hell.
Our next best is Nunez with 18 goals and assists.

Not good enough me hole. Sure he’s not at the level he’s been at previously but he’s having a good season and is the least of our concerns after Allison.

He has recently cost us 5 points in the last number of games by missing the actual target from the pen spot.

Players on billy big bollocks money need to be putting on billy big bollocks displays. This greedy cunt isn’t.

He also had a chance at the end to square the ball instead of shooting. He missed the target. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom