• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s take them up the Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know why that second half intensity has been missing so much this season.

First time in ages I’ve seen us actually put some solid tackles in and look like we wanted it.

If we played like that every game - we’d be in a title race.
It’s like you’ve woken up and only watched football this season. All the reasons are there for anyone who understands football even half as much as you claim to to see why we’ve been so poor.

From the Guardian

GOAL! Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal (Firmino 87)

THE TITLE IS IN THE BALANCE! Alexander-Arnold isolates Zinchenko, megs him, takes a touch, and flips a perfect stand-up to the back post, where Firmino nods home! What a finish we’ve got coming up here, and what might it mean! Football!

I think he does. You're also less likely to be isolated as the RCM.
Regardless... who says that about a footballer and then wants them to play fullback in a back 4...

In addition, many a good midfield have been structured to cover the weaknesses of one of the players. Seeing as how an attacking midfielder would cost a bomb... we could have experimented with a 2 cdm plus Trent midfield this year because buying cdms and a RB should be a lot more affordable.... there were options aplenty to experiment and learn this year.... instead we've persisted.

As good as he was post Xhaka, his play for their second goal was as egregious as Salah's missed penalty wrt the result.

Thought Salah was excellent bar the penalty miss. Several players were very good from 0-2 and onwards. Ibou and Virgil bossed it in the second half. Trent was fantastic.

Love Mo, but he missed 4 great chances. his touch was way off - thought he was poor

Konate was sublime today
Mo was way off
Nunez was great, but that miss..
TAA is so easily fleeced defensively... still.
Thiago looked super when he came on
Virgil's a shadow
Allison's still a giant..

We won't hold onto our best and attract more without FSG Flashing the cash this summer

Konate was sublime today
Mo was way off
Nunez was great, but that miss..
TAA is so easily fleeced defensively... still.
Thiago looked super when he came on
Virgil's a shadow
Allison's still a giant..

We won't hold onto our best and attract more without FSG Flashing the cash this summer

His tackles were getting me as excited as Bobby's goal did ...
I mean fucking hell - some of those tackles were proper old fashioned tackles.
Let's have that same shit every game ...

Mo was excellent. Bar the penalty miss.

Salah was very very involved.

Which served to highlight how incapable he is of creating anything off the dribble. He lost the ball again and again and again, sometimes springing counters. His cut to the left and curl is too predictable and was blocked repeatedly, as it has been all season. The one so well saved would have been the second one easily dealt with by the keeper, had it not been deflected. So, his shooting was poor as well.

The only highlight of his play was a superb ball to Nunez. When your prize player is so heavily involved, you just should expect more results. I expect more of him, theoretically I mean.

I mean, which worried you more. Martinelli on our flank, or Salah on theirs. Martinelli was doubled. Salah largely wasn't.

And this was a rare game where we did actually have some good attacking sequences and had space for him. He found the space, he got the ball, and if you are happy with the results... I just don't get it.

How are we doing guys?

After the first half we really thought it was just gonna be another 1 of them days huh?

A lot of people underestimate how much a factor the Anfield crowd plays, Arsenal couldnt cope with the intensity once we stuck it on them and that was all because the crowd pumped the players up and spurned them on.

Konate was brilliant.
Bobby when he came on look the Bobby of old.
Salah is a once in a generational player, never known a player to bag so many goals and miss so many more chances…its scary crazy.
Trent brilliant when it comes to creating chances and lousy when it comes to defending. What does this tell us?

How are we doing guys?

After the first half we really thought it was just gonna be another 1 of them days huh?

A lot of people underestimate how much a factor the Anfield crowd plays, Arsenal couldnt cope with the intensity once we stuck it on them and that was all because the crowd pumped the players up and spurned them on.

It seemed like the players pumped the crowd up to begin with. Arsenal played into it too, the idiots.

It seemed like the players pumped the crowd up to begin with. Arsenal played into it too, the idiots.
Maybe its a subconscious attitude the players have when it comes to playing at Anfield…what else can explain the drastic performances from home to away.

Mo was terrible today. Down the pub we all thought he should have been first to be subbed off.

Time he had someone to challenge his place.

Where has his composure gone in front of goal this season? This guy should be sitting on 500 goals for Liverpool now.

It’s like you’ve woken up and only watched football this season. All the reasons are there for anyone who understands football even half as much as you claim to to see why we’ve been so poor.

Oh do enlighten us Dreamie with your insight - pray tell, what zinger have you got this time - was it the fear of being replaced by Ryan Fraser that spurred us on?

I thought Jota was good. Tried hard. Was in the heart of our first goal, then got us the pen. Can't ask for much more.

Gakpo was decent as well. Hardly lose the ball and keeps the game moving.

Once again, we were let down by our lethargic and nonchalant start. If we were not at Anfield it would have been a L by 30mins, similar to City.

Klopp continues to struggle to motivate these boys. They seemed to only play when they feel like it.

Arsenal were not great, but they turn up week in week out, home or away, that's why they are right up there. We used to be like that.

I wouldn't mind if this means a marked improvement in our players.

Robbo came out from that dugout with beast mode switched on.

Yeah - that and Klopp likely savaging them at half time.

It’s mildly disappointing to be reminded of what this group of players are capable of when it hasn’t been evident for large parts of the season.

Almost a back to Klopp basics 2nd half - go at them full throttle and get stuck in.

On another note - that was one of the worst showcases of time wasting, diving and going down under any challenge I’ve seen for a long time - Arteta is teaching them all sorts of cunt tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom