• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - F*ck You Count Cup - Wolves (H) - Sat 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t even see the brilliant footballer anymore. Look how lax he is for the opener. He had all the time to play it left to Gakpo. He tries his slo Mo roll over loses the ball and it’s compounded by Ali being a spazzy mong. He adds nothing to our game anymore. It’s all so slow. Which is a major part of our problem.

He's been doing that shit for like a year now. I'm beyond sick of him.

Fuck him off in the summer just like the others.

I’m trying to imagine what this place would be like if we’d actually lost.

It’s not hard, given I’m squeezing out my morning constitutional.

I fucking hate Thiago.

upload_2023-1-8_9-35-11.gif

I’m not trying to prove anything, you’re wrong about it.
I've seen it a few times on twitter now and there is still no view which to me suggests it's offside. I get why they say it 'was' offside. But the linesman may have got it wrong.

Happy to be proven wrong though if there is an.angle which shows Nunes offside. From the one angle they showed in game.. looked like Nunes got onside easily.

Why does the media keep talking about VAR cancelling the goal?
I thought it was flagged by the linesman and VAR just checked if there's a "clear and obvious error" - and as they couldn't get the right angle to check the offside they went with the linesman's judgement?

Why does the media keep talking about VAR cancelling the goal?
I thought it was flagged by the linesman and VAR just checked if there's a "clear and obvious error" - and as they couldn't get the right angle to check the offside they went with the linesman's judgement?
That's correct. Linesman flagged immediately - camera angles don't show it so it doesn't matter what media streams you look at, if you weren't at the game you won't have seen it.

That's correct. Linesman flagged immediately - camera angles don't show it so it doesn't matter what media streams you look at, if you weren't at the game you won't have seen it.
It is correct VAR didn't cancel the goal. But even Klopp said it should have been a goal..

It is correct VAR didn't cancel the goal. But even Klopp said it should have been a goal..

Wait - so it was ruled offsides by linesman, and VAR didn't give an 'opinion' because no angle to review where Nunes was?
Must be tough for Klopp to see how poor we were considering the team we started and Wolves started

Was just sent this ...This wilderness sucks, but I guess it could be worse - we could have lost.

324093199_829770221797389_1278033081888177894_n.jpg
I got destroyed by a few members of the rose tinted glasses brigade on here for saying this last February:

"So yeah, we have put our midfield in a dire state of having all injury prone, older or very young players minus Fabinho??"

I had a look back at that thread to see that @tombrown and @Frogfish laughed at the notion.
only @Fabio seemed to get what I was seeing and agreed... We can split Ward's salary.

We got away with one there, Salah's goal doesn't make sense to me and their disallowed 'winner' was pot luck.

It's pretty frightening how quickly we've turned to shite. We're fucking rubbish.

I got destroyed by a few members of the rose tinted glasses brigade on here for saying this last February:

"So yeah, we have put our midfield in a dire state of having all injury prone, older or very young players minus Fabinho??"

I had a look back at that thread to see that @tombrown and @Frogfish laughed at the notion.
only @Fabio seemed to get what I was seeing and agreed... We can split Ward's salary.
Give yourself a pat on the back. Now list all the times you've been wrong (and it's many - as it is for all of us) :rolleyes:

Wait - so it was ruled offsides by linesman, and VAR didn't give an 'opinion' because no angle to review where Nunes was?
Must be tough for Klopp to see how poor we were considering the team we started and Wolves started
A similar thing happened to us with the first goal at Arsenal. There was a camera angle which showed, to the naked eye, that Saka was clearly offside, but that camera wasn’t calibrated to do offside checks. On the ones that were, he wasn’t in shot so they couldn’t determine that he was offside, and the on-field call stood. It’s down to the limitations of VAR. At Arsenal we were unlucky, last night we got away with one.

A similar thing happened to us with the first goal at Arsenal. There was a camera angle which showed, to the naked eye, that Saka was clearly offside, but that camera wasn’t calibrated to do offside checks. On the ones that were, he wasn’t in shot so they couldn’t determine that he was offside, and the on-field call stood. It’s down to the limitations of VAR. At Arsenal we were unlucky, last night we got away with one.

Ahhh ok.
Pity it's not flipped - would have rather beaten Arsenal.

68011159-D434-41-F8-BFCE-E8-B641-D53524.jpg

Here’s my highlight for the night. Such a sexy bitch.
Ooh that looks nice

I have lately developed a taste for dark beers. Last time I was home my mum got in a few - they were Belgian and 14% :O Not exactly what I had in mind - lovely taste, not such a nice morning after

Ooh that looks nice

I have lately developed a taste for dark beers. Last time I was home my mum got in a few - they were Belgian and 14% :O Not exactly what I had in mind - lovely taste, not such a nice morning after
It was 7.5% and downed 3 of them. On top of 3 best bitters and an IPA.

I like ruby ales and stouts in the colder months. From spring it’ll be more ambers I’ll be into.

I love all the ranting about VAR in the media - the decision was the linesman's, as it would have been pre VAR. I've seen a bunch of comments about how goal celebrations were spoiled by a long VAR decision - if the twats hadn't been so intent on bumming the shirtless "scorer" they would have noticed the linesman's flag 3 minutes earlier - nothing to do with VAR

Just watched the highlights.

Poor Wolves. They were robbed.

We were so pants it’s unbelievable. They were cutting through our midfield at will and running rings around our high line like it was a pisstake.

Even the unflappable Allison is showing signs of nerves.

Didn’t Klopp say we were all gonna see the real Liverpool after the WC and Dubai break ?

That was the real Liverpool wasn’t it ? Lol.

The more worrying thing is that you took me seriously at the time. Any fool knows I haven't got a clue and, yes, my glasses are very rose tinted - see my signature for my life philosophy (both the optimism and the biting parts)

It was 7.5% and downed 3 of them. On top of 3 best bitters and an IPA.

I like ruby ales and stouts in the colder months. From spring it’ll be more ambers I’ll be into.
I ordered a box of "out of date" beers last time I was home that came a s surprise random selection. There were a few bitters in there, that I dont normally like, but also a few pale ales, so I reinvented my pint of choice from when I was a teenager - light & bitter (which gives away my southern roots). Back in the day, the best thing about light and bitter was the bitter came from the tap and the light (or pale) ale from a bottle. The "half" pint of bitter was pulled first into a pint glass and the bottle handed over with it ... the vast majority of bar staff would give about 3/4 pint of bitter :)

When I moved to Liverpool, they looked at me like I had two heads when I ordered it, so I switched to golden (half bitter half lager) as my pint of choice for a while.

Weirdly, Keita added some dynamism and intent to our midfield when he came on.
Our midfield is so shit that he instantly looked better than them, combined!

The more worrying thing is that you took me seriously at the time. Any fool knows I haven't got a clue and, yes, my glasses are very rose tinted - see my signature for my life philosophy (both the optimism and the biting parts)

All good, sir. The reaction to my post did stick in my memory because to me it was blatantly obvious our squad was being mismanaged and our run at the top of Europe was going to end soon, with the largest reason being our midfield. Its a shame to be right in these situations... Have a good one.

We got away with one there, Salah's goal doesn't make sense to me and their disallowed 'winner' was pot luck.

It's pretty frightening how quickly we've turned to shite. We're fucking rubbish.
Not our fault you don't understand the offside rules then ! Not that many do.

Totti made an attempt to play the ball - it wasn't deflected off him, that put Salah onside. I think it's a stupid rule too but it is the rule, so an easy decision. And it wasn't 'pot luck' if Nunes crossed the ball coming back from an offside position (after taking the corner) - which he did according to the linesman. The fact it wasn't on camera is neither here nor there.

It's the stupidest fucking rule ever in a landscape of ever more stupid rules. Salah was offside every other time I've ever seen that happen, and if you go back to basic principles of how offside is designed to work he was off. I understand it's a new rule but I've got no idea why. It makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom