• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation given for what occurred is the only one that makes sense in the context of what happened, i.e no lines drawn, quick check. It's an absolutely monumental fuck up and to me indicates the VAR room are, somehow, not watching the game of football they are officiating. Every single person watching the game knew it had been given offside but the VAR room. That's gross incompetence and sackable.

What is more malicious, IMO, is the events that led to the red card. Cast aside whether it's a red card or not, the referee was greeted wirh the worst possible looking still image for ten seconds before rolling the footage back. The VAR room were trying to prove a case rather than present the facts, and that raises all manner of questions I do not have the will to go into.

Last edited:
That bullshit excuse they cobbled together last night was the only one that they could put out that doesn't clearly point at an individual making a massive mistake. Took them a few hours but they managed to cover everyone's arse and make it appear a process issue rather than point to someone who should be fired.

I still think it's points out somebody making a massive mistake. He's supposed to be watching the game and hasn't noticed the offside call. He then hasn't noticed Spurs take a free kick instead of a kick off. If he has the ref's ear and not very hard to take 2 seconds to say "actually that was onside" after seeing the free kick taken.

They're saying he did do that but rules state that once the game is in play again they can't pull it back. So they knew the fuck up instantly, but took five hours to explain it.

I feel we do the high press excessively with very little reward for it . Maybe against the lower teams who have players who are not so good and accurate at passing to teammates near to them it's worth pursuing a high press but against the likes of City,Tottenham,Brighton etc who have good passers of the ball from the back four to midfield it just exhausts our players and more likely to get cards dished out to our players when the press leads to some sort of contact on the opposition player.
I have noticed we actually play better when we concentrate on cutting the loose balls rather than pressing the players in hope of getting the ball off them.

As was mentioned last night the goal we conceded against Arsenal at the Emirates were Saka looked offside. They said it was a rare technical calibration error or something so they couldnt draw the exact lines. Who was the VAR? Darren England.

Of course the VAR protocol would involve not actually stating the outcome they’re checking.

Hey VAR guys I’ve given that goal as offside, what say you?

Check complete, he’s actually onside

Just to confirm the goal should stand?

Yes…

They need to be fucking sued..money is the only thing they understand

Of course the VAR protocol would involve not actually stating the outcome they’re checking.

Hey VAR guys I’ve given that goal as offside, what say you?

Check complete, he’s actually onside

Just to confirm the goal should stand?

Yes…
That is exactly what should happen and does happen usually.

On field decision is x

"OK we are rechecking, hold the restart.. on field decision is x"

So they need to release the audio to see who had the initial error.

On field decision is x

They are an unaccountable, independent body. They will not release the audio.

They need to be dissolved. They're no longer fit for purpose. The PL would be better bringing in people from abroad

On field decision is x

Maybe it is an agreed protocol that someone strayed from but if that’s the case it should be so well drilled that one of the 3 people involved should question the other as to why they’ve deviated and correct them.

It sounds like the main VAR man maybe just stated review complete, decision correct. That leaves his assistant and the referee to say “yes mate, you need to state the correct decision there before we can continue”

I've got to stop watching interviews and media, it's doing my head in. Latest is Spurs showed great mentality and character to keep going, and Ange saying nothing about the VAR decision (I felt nothing, maybe if it was against us) instead going on about their great mentality. Fuck off, 11 vs. 9 men, a good team would have won that by 2 or 3 and they only won by an OG (probably due to mental fatigue) from an average, desperate, cross in the last seconds.

Last edited:
I had a spurs mate boasting about 65% possession - he’s one of my best friends since I was a kid and I didn’t realize what a huge chip on their shoulders some spurs fans have against us

couldn’t handle the fact it was tainted at all

They are an unaccountable, independent body. They will not release the audio.

They need to be dissolved. They're no longer fit for purpose. The PL would be better bringing in people from abroad
I've said about the abroad thing for a while.

Pay them a decent fucking wedge too. Best of the best and all that.

Right now the PL has the most substandard officiating of any sport. Never mind the top leagues of football.

Don’t let VAR deflect the attention from Simon Hooper too.

He’s trending on every social media platform with countless death threats issued.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through the minds of such idiots. Why would anyone want to put themselves through that trouble knowing they will get lots of abuse - unless of course there’s money involved.

Maybe it is an agreed protocol that someone strayed from but if that’s the case it should be so well drilled that one of the 3 people involved should question the other as to why they’ve deviated and correct them.

It sounds like the main VAR man maybe just stated review complete, decision correct. That leaves his assistant and the referee to say “yes mate, you need to state the correct decision there before we can continue”

I need to point out - allowing an old protocol to go through unchecked is what actually led to the Empire’s defeat at the Battle of Endor.

That and the VAR on Vader’s Star Destroyer that didn’t call the escape pod offside when it clearly was.

I've got to stop watching interviews and media, it's doing my head in. Latest is Spurs showed great mentality and character to keep going, and Ange saying nothing about the VAR decision (I felt nothing, maybe if it was against us) instead going on about their great mentality. Fuck off, 11 vs. 9 men, a good team would have won that by 2 or 3 and they only won by an OG (probably due to mental fatigue) to an average, desperate, cross.

Yep, the lack of scrunity about the state of the game at the moment from broadcasters is extremely telling. None of them have the balls to challenge the product they've paid billions for.

Their default is lt to lumping praise on a 'wonderful Man City side' or praise Spurs for 'always believing' or some trivial shit, the decisions 'even themselves out line' will get trotted out, and the circus rolls on.

The offside decision is obviously ridiculous as well as the excuses/reasons for why the decision was made but there were plenty more concerning decisions in the game that are going unmentioned.

Salah was booked for dissent when a foul was awarded against him that was never a foul as he hardly touched the spurs player who went down, the decision was compounded by the fact he was through on goal with a teammate in a good position to pass to and only one defender close enough to affect the outcome. I would back Mo to score or assist a goal in that situation so I can see why he was so pissed off.

Robertson was booked for a challenge where he was clearly looking at the ball and the spurs player was clearly looking only at Robbo and shoulder charged him, however the spurs player went down holding his face and got the foul. Ridiculously unfair decision and blatant playacting by the spurs player.

Van de Ven challenged Gomez in the box and a corner was given even though the spurs player made no contact with the ball and only impacted Gomez. VAR was not mentioned in the commentary i was watching as having got involved even though the commentator questioned whether a foul had been committed. How was a penalty not given or at least assessed by VAR?

I'm sure there were more bad decisions made but these three alone could have had a massive impact on the outcome of the game but are hardly being mentioned in the media because of the error that PGMOL have admitted and the debatable red card/yellow card decisions. Total shit show all round.

I'm starting to think that the VAR had something else he needed to do yesterday. He sorted the red card out, turned the TV off and went out and did his shopping.

Since they say the var team gave the goal but it was miscommunication that led to not counting it as a goal then it should stand and points shared . It's not the same as making a wrong decision ad the right decision was made by var they just didn't focus on relaying it properly.

Another Spurs mate of mine this morning, "KARMA! Sissoko’s was never a f*cking penalty."

I mean if that's what we had to 'pay' for #6, I'm fine with it but I honestly I'm biting my tongue not wishing that team broken legs and a competition with Everton next month.
Fucking cunts living in la la land

In fairness we have had our fair share of decisions against them over the years, they just got all of theirs in one match.

The offside decision is obviously ridiculous as well as the excuses/reasons for why the decision was made but there were plenty more concerning decisions in the game that are going unmentioned.

Salah was booked for dissent when a foul was awarded against him that was never a foul as he hardly touched the spurs player who went down, the decision was compounded by the fact he was through on goal with a teammate in a good position to pass to and only one defender close enough to affect the outcome. I would back Mo to score or assist a goal in that situation so I can see why he was so pissed off.

Robertson was booked for a challenge where he was clearly looking at the ball and the spurs player was clearly looking only at Robbo and shoulder charged him, however the spurs player went down holding his face and got the foul. Ridiculously unfair decision and blatant playacting by the spurs player.

Van de Ven challenged Gomez in the box and a corner was given even though the spurs player made no contact with the ball and only impacted Gomez. VAR was not mentioned in the commentary i was watching as having got involved even though the commentator questioned whether a foul had been committed. How was a penalty not given or at least assessed by VAR?

I'm sure there were more bad decisions made but these three alone could have had a massive impact on the outcome of the game but are hardly being mentioned in the media because of the error that PGMOL have admitted and the debatable red card/yellow card decisions. Total shit show all round.

Oh, there loads of mistakes - Jota’s first yellow was another fucking disaster is a decision.

Honestly - in any other profession you’d not only be sacked but probably face criminal negligence charges or professional disbarment.

I can’t wait for the next statement of the FULL investigation from PGMOL.

“Oh sorry everyone, the lads had diarrhea from last night’s kebab and went for an emergency shit hence there wasn’t anyone manning the system for Diaz’s goal”

The offside fuck up cannot be considered anything other than 1)cowardice to not call play back, or 2)corrupt. Whichever one it is, he needs to be sacked. He's not hamstrung by the fact the free kick was taken, as i've seen people try to excuse on twitter. He has fucked it, maliciously or not is open for debate.
Exactly, Man U had a penalty given after the full time whistle ffs, it's farcicle.

Another Spurs mate of mine this morning, "KARMA! Sissoko’s was never a f*cking penalty."

I mean if that's what we had to 'pay' for #6, I'm fine with it but I honestly I'm biting my tongue not wishing that team broken legs and a competition with Everton next month.
Fucking cunts living in la la land
Those clowns always seem to forget they lost that final 2-0.

In fairness we have had our fair share of decisions against them over the years, they just got all of theirs in one match.

Now you're going to be like the Spurs fan and say "It wasn't a penalty in the CL" too?

Mark Goldbridge, a fucking Manc, says he turned the game off it was so disgraceful and that's all the calls going against his BIGGEST rival ... and you're "to be fair" ... come on dude, if ever a game signals VAR should be canceled, it's this. Because 'human error' should be greatly limited when technology is involved, and it makes NO difference.

I get it, you love Ange and want him to succeed - even if it's screwing your favorite team - but yesterday was one of the worst games I've ever seen refereed in my life.

Heck, my 14 year old son even said "That's the worst referee game I've seen since Chelsea-Barcelona" (My response was " You weren't even alive for that lovely travesty" - and he responded, "I know but I saw highlights and I don't understand how those calls were possible").

Didn’t Bisouma strike someone in the face with his hand… intentionally - and it wasn’t looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom